8/9/13 Millenium Alaska reimburse question

LIcruzer

This is for anyone who sailed on the Millenium 8/9/13 to Alaska- We were all supposed to receive 100% cruise fare reimbursement. Our reimbursement was approximately $148 short. Celebrity told my travel agent that we weren't getting reimbursed for the port charges for the ports we actually visited.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

I was on the 8/16 cruise, not 8/9, but our refund was also 100% for the interrupted trip. If you look back at your itemized receipts from X, the "cruise fare" is just the top line and there are taxes/fees below it. They did reimburse taxes/fees for ports not visited but not for any ports that you did make it to.

We only had the port of Ketchikan and our refund was shy of the "total paid to X" by 265.34 (168.00 for prepaid gratuities and 97.34 for taxes/fees).

The FCC are for the "cruise fare" amount only - nothing towards taxes/fees.

We were supposed to be on Millennium's southbound trip starting on Aug 23. Our land package started Aug 19. We were in Denali when we were told our cruise was cancelled. Since the ship broke down Aug 8, then again Aug 12 - we felt that was the time for them to notify us not to make the cross country trip to get there. We spent close to $3000 in airfare for a 4 day land excursion. They refunded cruise money, "free" cruise for which we will pay taxes and port fees but they will not reimburse our mostly wasted air fare. Also only reimbursed 1/2 the change fees. I will not fly cross country for Celebrity again. If as on some other sites, Celebrity employees answer this message, I will again be not so pleased. There are no regulatory agencies to appeal to.

We were supposed to be on Millennium's southbound trip starting on Aug 23. Our land package started Aug 19. We were in Denali when we were told our cruise was cancelled. Since the ship broke down Aug 8, then again Aug 12 - we felt that was the time for them to notify us not to make the cross country trip to get there. We spent close to $3000 in airfare for a 4 day land excursion. They refunded cruise money, "free" cruise for which we will pay taxes and port fees but they will not reimburse our mostly wasted air fare. Also only reimbursed 1/2 the change fees. I will not fly cross country for Celebrity again. If as on some other sites, Celebrity employees answer this message, I will again be not so pleased. There are no regulatory agencies to appeal to.

Sorry you haven't got the money back you expected :( I'm confused, you won't be happy if Celebrity answer this message?

Welcome to Cruise Critic, I noticed its your first post :)

Correct. They have already answered my letters unsatisfactorily. When I posted on the Celebrity FB page, responses referred to complainers who are uninsured or underinsured. At another site, one "complainer" said he could tell a Yay Celebrity response had an IP address at Celebrity. When I posted on my own page, as soon as I typed the word Celebrity, there was a flash of a face and name that also appeared as I posted on the Celebrity page. They seem to be well "tapped in" to any criticism.

Correct. They have already answered my letters unsatisfactorily. When I posted on the Celebrity FB page, responses referred to complainers who are uninsured or underinsured. At another site, one "complainer" said he could tell a Yay Celebrity response had an IP address at Celebrity. When I posted on my own page, as soon as I typed the word Celebrity, there was a flash of a face and name that also appeared as I posted on the Celebrity page. They seem to be well "tapped in" to any criticism.

Celebrity do post on this forum, they do have a FB page, why wouldnt they? I would think they are just trying to be accessible?

Won't your travel insurance pay for the wasted airfare under curtailment? :(

Interesting situation.

Just a couple of questions if I may?

What does your contract with Celebrity say in regards to compensation and dispute resolution?

If you don't like what Celebrity has offered I only see two options, either be unhappy or consider what other options are available and proceed accordingly. How are you going to resolve this?

So somebody tell me how to get Celebrity to step up to the plate for all the passengers they cheated - knowing that after two breakdowns they had no right to gamble with other people's money and vacations. My only resolution at this point is to let as many people as I can know that Celebrity cares much more for its balance sheet than it does for it's "guests". Some of the passengers are talking about going to their local tv stations. Somehow Celebrity has managed to put a lid on the bad publicity.

Negative comments tend to disappear. Google the Millennium breakdowns and you will have to dig to get to the news articles. While our trip was insured (we are older and health risks are always there) we did not insure our airfare because if we had to cancel the trip, we had a year to use the air tickets. Celebrity lured us into wasting our airfare on a 4 day land package. Even our TA said she believed they knew the ship would not make it. TAs, tour guides, and ship staff are guaranteed their pay. Passengers are at the corporation's mercy. To the Celebrity employees reading this....... unless you can get me my airfare back - please don't bother responding to this. I'll even trade it for the "free" cruise voucher. Nothing less will make me happy.

So somebody tell me how to get Celebrity to step up to the plate for all the passengers they cheated - knowing that after two breakdowns they had no right to gamble with other people's money and vacations. My only resolution at this point is to let as many people as I can know that Celebrity cares much more for its balance sheet than it does for it's "guests". Some of the passengers are talking about going to their local tv stations. Somehow Celebrity has managed to put a lid on the bad publicity.

Negative comments tend to disappear. Google the Millennium breakdowns and you will have to dig to get to the news articles. While our trip was insured (we are older and health risks are always there) we did not insure our airfare because if we had to cancel the trip, we had a year to use the air tickets. Celebrity lured us into wasting our airfare on a 4 day land package. Even our TA said she believed they knew the ship would not make it. TAs, tour guides, and ship staff are guaranteed their pay. Passengers are at the corporation's mercy. To the Celebrity employees reading this....... unless you can get me my airfare back - please don't bother responding to this. I'll even trade it for the "free" cruise voucher. Nothing less will make me happy.

Were you not aware of the issues that celebrity had been having? They were on these boards and on the news. We knew this and chose to go ahead with the trip. We were on your sailing and land tour whether we were in your tour group I don't know. Was it the trip we wanted and dreamed of no and has the compensation been taken care of as speedily as we would have liked no. But nothing in life is perfect and most things don't go exactly as planned. Let go of the attitude and communicate with celebrity until you are able to get resolution. There are many of us on the boards that have continued the negotiation process and have gotten much closer to a what we deem a fair resolution. We have acheived this with respect and patience. More flys with honey. just sayin

You are going to be unhappy.

Archived