Instraments on board?

newlights

Actually it is against Carnival's policy to take musical instruments aboard without prior approval and participation in a pre-approved ship performance. From Carnival:

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

• Musical Instruments: Only if the guest is participating in a pre-approved ship performance.

We've always brought a guitar on board -no problem. If you read the list of items allowed on board, it specifically says musical instruments are allowed, however if there's a complaint they will hold your instrument until the end of the cruise. If you want verification, you can always call the cruise line and ask. Have a great time.

Actually it is against Carnival's policy to take musical instruments aboard without prior approval and participation in a pre-approved ship performance. From Carnival:

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

• Musical Instruments: Only if the guest is participating in a pre-approved ship performance.

Actually, you are wrong.

From Carnival.com:

• Musical Instruments: We will allow musical instruments onboard, however, if a noise complaint is received it will be confiscated by shipboard security and returned to the guest on the morning of debarkation.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

Actually, you are wrong.

From Carnival.com:

• Musical Instruments: We will allow musical instruments onboard, however, if a noise complaint is received it will be confiscated by shipboard security and returned to the guest on the morning of debarkation.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

Looks like the Carnival site has two different policies.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/112166.aspx

So the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.:eek:

My husband brought his Woodrow on the Legend 2 years ago and he brought his guitar last year on the Dream. Our friend also brought his acoustic bass last year. No one ever questioned it or said anything but they never played very loud and mostly on our balcony or in the room. But one night they played out side on deck 5 and no one complained. Some people even came out on their balconies above and listened.

HA! The musicians aboard ALWAYS ask me to bring along my TUBA, so we can play some "Dixieland", but it's just a little bit too big to bring along. :eek: I've seen many, many guitars aboard, and have never heard of anyone getting theirs taken away. I think if you use just a little common sense, you'll not have a problem. :cool:

"SKY"

My son wanted to bring his very large horn (euphonium) on our last cruise as he hates to go long without practicing. I said a resounding "NO!" He was upset as the valves were seized up when he got home!! I knew it would be problem though...they would want to confiscate it and he would fight them and it would get ugly!! He is a fanatic and would want to play all day! lol

Archived