butler gratuities

lillyb

Please excuse me if this has been asked before but I have not seen the answer on the forum.

We are sailing soon on a back to back cruise in a penthouse suite. We anticipate giving the butler and room attendant extra gratuities. Do we do this at the end of each segment or wait until the end of the cruise?

Thanks for your help.

Carol

Please excuse me if this has been asked before but I have not seen the answer on the forum.

We are sailing soon on a back to back cruise in a penthouse suite. We anticipate giving the butler and room attendant extra gratuities. Do we do this at the end of each segment or wait until the end of the cruise?

Thanks for your help.

Carol

I would do it at the end of each segment ..some crew may go off the ship on leave or to another ship

Lyn

I would do it at the end of each segment ..some crew may go off the ship on leave or to another ship

Lyn

We have found the crew has been good at letting you know if they are ending their contract and leaving the ship. Some leave at a port near the end of the cruise and not at the end.

That is not to say the have been pushy about it or given the impression they are looking for a tip. It is usually done as an introduction to the guest of the new person taking over.

So, you should get to know your butler reasonably well, especially if you are using him/her enough to give him/her a tip above the automatic one and will know if they will be there for the second segment.

I personally would probably wait until the end of the cruise to tip but make the butler aware you are staying on for a second cruise. (I presume you are in the same cabin.) However neither option is "wrong"

Same goes for the room steward.

We have found the crew has been good at letting you know if they are ending their contract and leaving the ship. Some leave at a port near the end of the cruise and not at the end.

That is not to say the have been pushy about it or given the impression they are looking for a tip. It is usually done as an introduction to the guest of the new person taking over.

So, you should get to know your butler reasonably well, especially if you are using him/her enough to give him/her a tip above the automatic one and will know if they will be there for the second segment.

I personally would probably wait until the end of the cruise to tip but make the butler aware you are staying on for a second cruise. (I presume you are in the same cabin.) However neither option is "wrong"

Same goes for the room steward.

all of this is really good advice.

You should definitely let them know you are staying on...the butler can also help with info about what procedures need to be followed for the B2B.

We have only done b/ b and the butler laws knew from the first day exactly how many days we would be on the ship. Our last butler was leaving the ship to get married and we gave him a very nice wedding present when we got off the ship after .38 days. We did give the stewards something after each cruise.

The relationship with a butler is much more professional.

By the way does anyone know who the head butler on the Regatta is,?

We 'be been very lucky to have som really great ones.

I just returned from the Regatta(NE/Canada) and the head butler was Miro.We had met him on the Insignia, before it went into charter.

Lyn

I would leave something extra at the end of each segment. Our tipping is pre- paid so he would get that at the end of each segment also.

At the end of our last trip on Marina we tipped both Butler and Cabin Stewards. However what concerned the Butler most of all was getting a perfect score on the questionnaire....as this could affect their next location on the ship or Contract renewal.

Brian

Archived