Not thrilled with Itineraries, how about you?

MIL and FIL want to cruise on Quantum, and I would like to get on the boat too. But I am not thrilled with the itineraries out of NJ. Too many days at sea! (It almost seems like RCCL wants you to spend more time at sea than onshore. But that can't be possible, can it?)

Part of me wants to wait for Anthem of the Seas, but I don't know where that will be based. Has that been announced yet?

I do like the NJ home port, as I could drive there (14 hours) and that would allow me to buy one of those 4-5 liter bottles of liquor for my bar. What a conversation piece!!

I could also drive to NO, and will probably do that someday.

I'm just looking for other thoughts on the Quantum itineraries. I was initially against private islands, but we had a great day on Labadee. And some of that was based on the feedback I got from other cruisers.

So, please, I want you to convince me!

I agree that the itineraries for Quantum are not the greatest but I think the ship will make up for it. Nothing is official yet but the Quantum will most likely replace the Explorer's itinerary for the Summer of 2015.....5 day Bermuda and 9 day Caribbean including a one day port stop in Bermuda. IMO, these itineraries have a much better appeal....so I'm hoping it is true and will think about switching my booking to one of those.

As for Anthem, I read on here (rumor....no official annoucement) that Anthem will be based out of Southampton.

Leaving from NJ going to the Caribbean pretty much means 3 days to get down there and 3 days back. Six sea days are a given then it is how ever many port days. I'm booked on the 12 day trip because of the six sea days and six ports, the best of both worlds.

Nothing is official yet but the Quantum will most likely replace the Explorer's itinerary for the Summer of 2015.....5 day Bermuda and 9 day Caribbean including a one day port stop in Bermuda. .

That's what I've been hoping for... I think the 9 nights are a perfect length for a Caribbean cruise out of the NYC area. We're waiting until Quantum's next block of cruises opens up (next Spring probably?) to book, hopefully a 9 night. If so we'll likely book one while we're on the Allure in May.

Leaving from NJ going to the Caribbean pretty much means 3 days to get down there and 3 days back. Six sea days are a given then it is how ever many port days. I'm booked on the 12 day trip because of the six sea days and six ports, the best of both worlds.

You are on the same itinerary as me but we are going in 4/2015 - it is a total of 5 sea days - 2 going down to Labadee & 3 coming back.

Pat

I really could care less about where the ship is going. After a while, all the islands seem the same. I'm just happy to be able to leave winter in Chicago behind.

I guess I'm not as fortunate as you. Yet. I haven't been to all the islands yet. I still see differences in the ones I've been too, and I'm still trying to get to a bunch of them.

The 12 day with 6 ports/6 sea days is enticing.

I've never cruised more than 7 days, so I'm looking for an opportunity to do a 10+ day cruise. I've also never had more than 2 sea days in a row. So 3, or more, will be something to try.

Not sure I can afford more than an interior on the 12 day though, but that would give me a chance to try out those virtual windows. They sound interesting!

Part of me wants to wait for Anthem of the Seas, but I don't know where that will be based. Has that been announced yet?

I do like the NJ home port, as I could drive there (14 hours) and that would allow me to buy one of those 4-5 liter bottles of liquor for my bar. What a conversation piece!!

Nothing is officially announced yet, but according to a lot of rumors, she will offer Med cruises from Southampton, and during winter period she may sail from Port Canaveral...

It seems QUANTUM sails also the 9-night-itinerary to Canada/New England in fall 2015 - if it's the same as the itinerary of EXPLORER, it won't be more than three days at sea - and I think the itinerary is appealing. ;)

Nothing is officially announced yet, but according to a lot of rumors, she will offer Med cruises from Southampton, and during winter period she may sail from Port Canaveral...

It seems QUANTUM sails also the 9-night-itinerary to Canada/New England in fall 2015 - if it's the same as the itinerary of EXPLORER, it won't be more than three days at sea - and I think the itinerary is appealing. ;)

A New England cruise would be interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

A New England cruise would be interesting.

I think so too.

But if so, than an itinerary up to Quebec city - I expect SERENADE to do these itineraries in 2015... ;)

QUANTUM seems to offer the 9-night-Canada/New England cruise out of Cape Liberty which EXPLORER currently does...

MIL and FIL want to cruise on Quantum, and I would like to get on the boat too. But I am not thrilled with the itineraries out of NJ. Too many days at sea! (It almost seems like RCCL wants you to spend more time at sea than onshore. But that can't be possible, can it?)

I'm just looking for other thoughts on the Quantum itineraries. I was initially against private islands, but we had a great day on Labadee. And some of that was based on the feedback I got from other cruisers.

I'm not thrilled either. My March 21st sailing now consists of 7 hours in San Juan and a day in Labadee. Not what I would consider an outstanding itinerary. Samana was in there when I booked, but they took that port away.

Granted, I will enjoy exploring the new ship, but it is still just a ship. In my opinion, the destination is just more important than the ship itself. Bring on the summer 2015 itinerary already.....lol.

I don't think the number of sea days is a corporate conspiracy to get your money, it is based on the distance the ship travels.

We are on the 12 day with 6 ports and think it's great.

I don't think the number of sea days is a corporate conspiracy to get your money, it is based on the distance the ship travels.

We are on the 12 day with 6 ports and think it's great.

We are doing the same 12 day cruise - I like it that are all together sandiwched in between 2 sea days at the beginning & 3 sea days at the end.

Pat

I love cruising RCCL, but I am also very disappointed with the itineraries. I am happy they have placed a big ship in the northeast! Hopefully when the dust settles they will have a better selection of ports. Especially if Bahamas is on the list! I would think there are enough locations where the ships didn't have to overlap ports.

I also think especially the Bahamas itinerary are soooo boring - why are such cruises offered? Who books it??

I did not expect thrilling itineraries for such a large ship...;) the longer Caribbean itineraries are appealing.

And the 9-night-Canada/New England is also ok, if QUANTUM offers it...

This will be our first 12 day cruise and we're looking forward to having 5 sea days to explore the ship and just enjoy the many activities offered (I'm not a sit by the pool person). We also love that the sea days come at the beginning and the end of the cruise. On 7 day cruises we feel like just as we're really getting relaxed it's time to go back to reality.

This will be our first 12 day cruise and we're looking forward to having 5 sea days to explore the ship and just enjoy the many activities offered (I'm not a sit by the pool person). We also love that the sea days come at the beginning and the end of the cruise. On 7 day cruises we feel like just as we're really getting relaxed it's time to go back to reality.

We can't wait! We are sailing the 12 day in April 2015. Having a combination of sea days and port days is perfect. Time to explore the ship and time to sightsee. We returned from the 12 day Equinox in Sept to the Med. Had very little time to see the ship but the itinerary was fab.