All things Getaway

Medtech2

After a half year "rest" I got the chance to take cruises ship photos again :-) .

My first shots from Norwegian Getaway at day light and evening are here:

photo from floating out fo Norwegian Getaway;

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=299

enjoy!

Andreas

Your pictures are just wonderful. Thank You!!!!! I will be on the Getaways' Maiden Adventure from Southampton to New York City. Will you also be on board?

After a half year "rest" I got the chance to take cruises ship photos again :-) .

enjoy!

Andreas

Wie immer klasse Fotos, as always wonderful pictures.. :)

can't wait for the 13 Jan

enjoy!

Andreas

Thanks for the great pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

enjoy!

Andreas

Great photos again!!

Thanks for posting.

Hello to everyone from Papenburg, Germany.

Yesterday, the Float Out of the GETAWAY took place at the Meyer shipyard. Poor weather, but here is my video:

16356363gk.jpg

Gorgeous! Thank you!

I'm liking the hull art! Thank goodness we're not sailing the M/S Peter Max II. :rolleyes:

Edited by kylenyc

I must say I much prefer the hull art of the Getaway over the Breakaway. Maybe it's because I just don't get Peter Max! :)

Plus you can clearly tell the name of this ship as this artist did not insist his name be better seen than the actual name of the ship. I felt I was sailing "The SS Peter Max"...

Do not exactly know, but according the the ship builders web site, once the process started it would take 3 hours. I looked to me that She was being pulled out by the tugs. I am not sure if it was just the camera angles or not, but it sure looked like a very tight fit side to side and barely had enough clearance up top.

Plus you can clearly tell the name of this ship as this artist did not insist his name be better seen than the actual name of the ship. I felt I was sailing "The SS Peter Max"...

Oh I hear you! I think some people honestly think that is the name of the ship! :D The art work on the Getaway is much more fun and whimsical it has a much greater appeal to me than what looks like something from a 2nd grade art class (my apologies to any 2nd graders though with actual talent :) )

Edited by Red-Sol

Hello folks, haven't been on CC for a while since I had no cruise planned, although I was thinking about Epic out of FL in February. I see this was discussed earlier but I'm just wondering if anyone knows. I live in NY, and am actually volunteering Super Bowl Weekend on Friday night at a NYC hotel so I need to be home for that. We were actually planning on flying to Southeast Florida right after the Super Bowl. NOW they announce Getaway as the official Bud Light Super Bowl ship and I saw this two day cruise for $99 to Nassau...if that ship had been going right to Miami I'd already be booked! We called NCL and they said the February 5-8 is a private charter from Nassau to Miami before the inaugural. Anyone know who has that charter? I'm currently investigating cheap ways to get from Nassau to Miami or Fort Lauderdale....boy that airfare is high for an hour flight!

We found out last week that our son, who is a Sound tech for NCL, is a new Getaway crewmember!!! His last rotation was on the Pride in Hawaii and now he's heading to Germany on Monday to join the Getaway! What an exciting life for a 24 yr old! I can't wait to get details about this beautiful ship. We were considering the Breakaway because we went on the Epic's Eastern Caribbean but now we're leaning toward the Getaway instead! :D

We found out last week that our son, who is a Sound tech for NCL, is a new Getaway crewmember!!! His last rotation was on the Pride in Hawaii and now he's heading to Germany on Monday to join the Getaway! What an exciting life for a 24 yr old! I can't wait to get details about this beautiful ship. We were considering the Breakaway because we went on the Epic's Eastern Caribbean but now we're leaning toward the Getaway instead! :D

Oh Wow!!! Good for him. What is his name? I will be on The Maiden Crossing from Southampton to New York City in January.