All things Getaway

Medtech2

I wonder if children are permitted at The Grammy Experience and Illusionarium. Does anyone know about kids at Howl at The Moon in Headliners? Trying to find out which activities we can spend with our 11 year old son who LOVES live music and shows of all kinds.

Both my sons (9 and 11) also enjoy live music. They really enjoyed How at the Moon on the Epic and we did not have any issues with the 'content' of the show.

Just sailed out from Rotterdam on Getaway.

Really impressed with the Grammy Experience venue. Not sure if already reported, but Nestor Torres is already onboard and scheduled for a show tonight from 9 pm to 1 am, with no reservations accepted for the venue.

Have you seen any of the Nickelodean characters for the children walking about? (Particularly SpongeBob) Hope you enjoy your evening!!

Have you seen any of the Nickelodean characters for the children walking about? (Particularly SpongeBob) Hope you enjoy your evening!!

Did not see Sponge Bob mysel, but there were a characters at some events that I did notice.

Both my sons (9 and 11) also enjoy live music. They really enjoyed How at the Moon on the Epic and we did not have any issues with the 'content' of the show.

Thank you very much. I've been to the Howl at the Moon bars all over the country (of course without him!), and I know he will enjoy this a lot.

In the freestyle daily they write "After 11:00pm we recommend this venue for individuals 18 and over."

That does not sound like an enforced rule. Just watch some youtube videos to decide for example:

Thanks. He will certainly be in bed by 11pm, but hopefully he can catch earlier parts. I appreciate the response.

More photos, this time from USA Today, and its a pretty big photo gallery, easily the most comprehensive we've seen so far. And make sure you hit the "full screen" button on the viewer to see the pictures in full size:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/01/13/photo-tour-norwegian-getaway/4356801/

Edited by joeski27

Here's a link to a video someone just posted from onboard the Getaway today:

He also has two other videos (view of ship arrival into and departure from Rotterdam with fireworks) as well. If you click next to his name on his YouTube page you can pull these up as well.

I wonder if children are permitted at The Grammy Experience and Illusionarium. Does anyone know about kids at Howl at The Moon in Headliners? Trying to find out which activities we can spend with our 11 year old son who LOVES live music and shows of all kinds.

Yes, yes and yes - kids are permitted at all of the above.

Edited by crusinmama06

Here are a couple of more Getaway videos that just popped up on YouTube:

Thanks for posting the links.

In the second video they capture images from the Haven and a couple 2 bedroom suites on the opposite side of the ship from the one we booked. Very excited to see them

The 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway—making her debut in January 2014—will test the updated wine menu on its Caribbean voyages before the new selection of wines are embraced by the rest of the fleet over the course of the year.

The Mondavi Family also produced an interesting series of videos about wine-tasting, which will be aired on the onboard entertainment system in staterooms.

We have not been able to find the new wine menu. It seems like it should be available at this time. We contacted pre-cruise Concierge and thay hardly knew what we were talking about.

Can anyone sailing on 'Getaway' post the menu or provide any information regarding this subject?

Thank You,