All things Getaway

Medtech2

Thank you very much for posting these pics.

As someone who has never been cruising they were very helpful in giving my wife and I an idea of what the cabins are like.

This may seem like a silly question so I apologize in advance if it is, but I noticed there are some cabins with two separate beds...is it difficult to turn these into a single queen-sized bed? The Getaway website says that they can be converted, but I'm just wondering if it's easily done.

The beds will probably already be together when you arrive since ya'll are married. If for some reason they are not, you can just peak out the door to look for your room steward for him or her to change the beds and it will be done the next time you come back to your room.

Thanks Ashley! I am cruising with my hubby, mom, 2 brothers and 2 nephews. It is the first cruise for my brothers and nephews, so it would be really nice if we could share a larger balcony all together. :)

Oh, that sounds like fun! I've never sailed with a family group. My extended family is huge, and I keep trying to convince them to do a reunion at sea! Ha.

Oh, that sounds like fun! I've never sailed with a family group. My extended family is huge, and I keep trying to convince them to do a reunion at sea! Ha.

That would be fun! Yes, we are very much looking forward to this cruise with the family. I just hide my brother and nephews don't get too spoiled cursing the first time in a 2 bedroom Haven suite! Lol

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if iConcierge is working on the Getaway yet? We are on the Feb 8th sailing with friends and would like to be able to use the app to message each other while on the cruise. :)

Thanks!

SmarkVacation

What does the iConcierge app do? I'm intrigued. :rolleyes:

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if iConcierge is working on the Getaway yet? We are on the Feb 8th sailing with friends and would like to be able to use the app to message each other while on the cruise.

Thanks!

SmarkVacation

What does the iConcierge app do? I'm intrigued.

Hi there,

iConcierge is an app you can download to your smartphone that offers things like the ability to view your onboard account and daily schedules that you can use for free for your ship/sailing. You can make reservations for things like specialty restaurants and the spa, too. It also allows you to stay in touch with others on your sailing (as long as they have the app, too) via a messaging system that hooks into the ship's Wi-Fi for a one-time flat fee of about $9 per cruise. (It's significantly cheaper than paying to use the Wi-Fi without the app.) I've never personally used it, though, so I can't attest to its functionality.

I've just checked in with Norwegian's PR folks, and they tell me it's not up and running yet, but it will be soon. (They've promised to let me know as soon as they have an official launch date.)

Edited by ashley@cruisecritic

Thanks to all of you for your positive feedback :-) !

Just now I finished working out 30 additional panaorama photos mainly from Deck 8 and 6 of Norwegian Getaway.

Just have a look to the Album "Norwegian Getaway - Panorama Photos 2"

www.cruiseship-gallery.de

I love your photos, especially the panorama photos! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. These have been the best views of this ship I've seen yet.

From the other thread; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1978312

4 - 6 am Sunday 1/26/14 :)

Sounds like BA may be right behind her too.

No, the Breakaway will be in Barbados tomorrow. The "aways" won't meet until Friday, Jan 31, 2014 when the BA returns from her 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise. Then she has a 2 night CTN before returning to 7 night cruises on Sunday Feb 2. So next Friday and Sunday the 2, they will both be in port together.

Edited by peg013

I just noticed a Getaway app for apple and android devices. It lists the Miami events and has lots of other features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdtorch.norwegiangetaway

Hey Twizzlers,

That app is specifically for folks who sailed on the Jan. 27-29 CTN out of NYC and those who will be onboard for the christening Feb. 7-8. It just lists the scheduled press events and such. It does have really handy deck plans and lists of all the venues, though.

I am looking forward to reviews of Illusionarium and the menu. The Cirque shows never interested me on the Epic or Breakaway.

Hey there,

The Illusionarium show itself was fantastic. I was disappointed to learn, however, that the menu is fixed -- surf 'n' turf. The steak was decent, but I didn't try the deep-fried shrimp that came with it, as I'm not a seafood eater. I'd say the show alone is worth the cost, and I almost think it would be better without the dinner. The staff kept interrupting while I was watching to fill my water, ask if I was finished eating, etc. It's not their fault, of course, since that's what they're supposed to do, but I found it a little irritating. Menu photos coming. Stay tuned.