What Do I Need to Know

Do you have a specific destination in mind or a certain ship? We have been on four different sized ships with RCCL, so if you give me a little more information, I may be able to offer you something.

Tara:)

P.S. We LOVE Royal Caribbean so my info may be a little biased.;)

I have taken one Carnival cruise in the past.

What do I need to know (what's different) about Royal Caribbean?

Trying to plan a honeymoon cruise, and a RCI Cruise fits our dates perfectly.

the fantasy is what started my addiction not a bad starter ship the lowest rc ship will be a notch better than the fantasy . 2 pieces of advise book early and watch the price regularly if the price drops they will adjust. the good news it appears will be in October where prices are lower than summer months good luck and like the others have said be prepared to be wowed

...this will be more similar than different! RCI has Formal nights, instead of Elegant....that's about the only difference!

The OP has only sailed on the Fantasy. Something tells me that the differences will be far more than just the Formal Night. IMHO they may actually be shocked.

To the OP: as much as I love Carnival, I think that Royal will be a much more appropriate cruise line for this special occasion. Feel free to click on my reviews below (for both my last Carnival and Royal cruises). Hope they are helpful!

Which ship/itinerary are you considering?

The OP has only sailed on the Fantasy. Something tells me that the differences will be far more than just the Formal Night. IMHO they may actually be shocked.

You are absolutely right! Fantasy (by far not the best in the Carnival fleet) is a convenient ship for us because of Charleston ... but ... but ... but .... WOW there will be a BIG difference between Fantasy and any RCCL ship. All for the better! :D

LuLu

~~~~~

As others have posted, going from one class of ship to another will make a big difference, but all in all there are many more similarities than differences. I just came off the Carnival Glory and here's my take on the differences between the lines I've sailed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931337

Thank you for all the replies

The only cruise that fits our dates is on the Vision of the Seas to Honduras and Cozumel.

Does RCI allow you to bring non alcoholic drinks on board? How about wine?

Each stateroom is allowed two bottles of wine, each no larger than 750ml.

Water and soda are against the rules, but that rule is mostly ignored.

Archived