Upgrade advice

srjones1

Ok folks, I need a little good advice. I got a call from the upgrade fairy just a while ago... As of now I have an OV, Midship, Empress on Ecstasy for a 5 day. He's offering a Junior Suite with an obstructed view for $250 more and a Grand Suite for $400 more. The wife and I can't decide if it's worth the extra money. We're quite content with our room but it might be worth the splurge this time. What would you guys do?

Thanks

I've never stayed in a Junior Suite on a Fantasy Class ship, so this is just from what I've gathered. But, I haven't heard great things about the Junior Suites. If it were me, I would do the Grand Suite, or stay where you are.

After serious consideration we decided that the GS upgrade was almost as much as we paid for our OV so effectively doubling our room cost, the JS didn't really grab our attention for some reason so I called back to decline and was offered a regular balcony three doors down from our original cabin for $100 more. That seemed reasonable enough so we took that.

Thanks for everyones input!

...called back to decline and was offered a regular balcony three doors down from our original cabin for $100 more. That seemed reasonable enough so we took that.Thanks for everyones input!

Good choice.

Enjoy your cruise!!

After serious consideration we decided that the GS upgrade was almost as much as we paid for our OV so effectively doubling our room cost, the JS didn't really grab our attention for some reason so I called back to decline and was offered a regular balcony three doors down from our original cabin for $100 more. That seemed reasonable enough so we took that.

Thanks for everyones input!

That's a lot better of an upgrade/upsell offer than we received.

They sent us an email with an offer to upgrade from our 3 pax OV on Upper to a balcony on Main for $480 :eek:. That's almost double what we paid. When I looked online, after mentally adding the $480 to what we paid to our existing rate, the "special deal" they were offering to us was the same rate available to everyone. We declined the offer. :rolleyes:

That's a lot better of an upgrade/upsell offer than we received.

They sent us an email with an offer to upgrade from our 3 pax OV on Upper to a balcony on Main for $480 :eek:. That's almost double what we paid. When I looked online, after mentally adding the $480 to what we paid to our existing rate, the "special deal" they were offering to us was the same rate available to everyone. We declined the offer. :rolleyes:

And a very smart move on your part to stay where you are.

Archived