Staff onboard the inaugural Antartica cruise

skincruisers

Thanks Tony and Trev, Do you know if the maitre'd (the one who can remember everyones name after meeting them once) is still on board. We really enjoyed him last time we cruised (late last year). I believe he's a bit of an "institution"

Actually, on the big ships the position is called "Restaurant Manager" -- on our recent Quest cruise we had Nicholas Botha -- Mauritzio was the Colonnade Manager and they were both overseen by Bozi who was the Food and Beverage Manager.And he reported to the Hotel Director(as opposed to Hotel Manager) -- in our case it was Marcel. All a bit different from the small ships.

Thanks Tony and Trev, Do you know if the maitre'd (the one who can remember everyones name after meeting them once) is still on board. We really enjoyed him last time we cruised (late last year). I believe he's a bit of an "institution"

I think this persons name is Antonio ? but if this is the man you are thinking about I think he is on Sojourn at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

The restaurant manager on the Quest at present is Iulian / Julian, assisted by the (very) diminutive Valentina. Excellent service, one minor problem at lunch was explained and there was caviar and champagne waiting in our suite by the time we walked back there!

The restaurant manager on the Quest at present is Iulian / Julian, assisted by the (very) diminutive Valentina. Excellent service, one minor problem at lunch was explained and there was caviar and champagne waiting in our suite by the time we walked back there!

We haven't seen Valentina since Pride some four and a half years ago. I do hope she is still on board for Jan 4th. A lovely person.

We just cruised with Valentina on the Quest in September.She was nice enough to remember us from our Quest cruise with her two years earlier and we were happy to see that she had been promoted (and is still with the charming Andre). I do hope she is still on for your cruise! I will say that many of the senior crew on that cruise were going to be be off for the holidays and then return in January to the Sojourn for the world cruise.