Dana's Liberty Oct 12 Sailing-Eastern

Danacat222

Sapphire Beach is beautiful, it was a nice stop and we enjoyed swimming, the water clarity is fair and it's rockier is some areas than others, there are some sea-grassy areas too. You can rent a paddle board, kayak, snorkel...lounge chairs are $7 a person. There is food and drinks available for purchase, we brought our cooler with us with some sodas and we ordered food from a lady that was walking around, I had a jerk chicken sandwich and Martin had a burger.

503-vi.jpg

And so time came to leave the beach and head back to port...

519-vi.jpg

520-vi.jpg

Once we made it back we all thanked Henry and we were all tipping him well because he had given us such a nice tour, it was just exactly what i had in mind. Thanks Beth

! The Breeze was in port with us...

524-vi.jpg

Goodbye St Thomas, we'll be back!

DSC02124-vi.jpg

DSC02131-vi.jpg

DSC02134-vi.jpg

After returning from St Thomas I went to the aft pool for a dip and had a nice view of the moon...

DSC02136-vi.jpg

We skipped the dining room again, I think we had pizza but i can't really remember.

We were very low key this cruise, we did not go to one show, we did not go to comedy, we saw karaoke one time, and we ate at the steakhouse once and in the dining room once. We had planned on doing a lot more but it turned out to be very refreshing not doing so, i always want to maximize my time/value but relaxation and not needing to dress up or be somewhere and get in the crowds was very nice this time.

And so we are on board the Carnival Liberty, and since we decided last-minute to rent a Villa at HMC I immediately went to the Excursions Desk to pick out the Villa. I was hoping for D or E but C would have been fine, too, E had already been taken so we got D. After getting D I had my first drink, a Fun Ship Special. The Villas, by the way, are the new eyesores at Half Moon Cay, they are colorfully painted and plopped between cabanas. I will have more on that later!

024-vi.jpg

Having Faster to the Fun, we went to go unload our carry-on luggage. We booked an inside on deck 9 for the convenience of my smoker boyfriend so he could get fairly easy access to the smoking areas, also I loved Serenity Deck on Pride and Legend where Serenity is aft, but on Liberty Serenity is Forward, I was thinking that I would be parked on Serenity most of the time, but I was wrong, more on that later.

I love being forward (second time) and I liked the inside, our cabin (9247) was always very cool and I love the darkness when I am turning in at night. The cabin was small! However it had more than what we expected, it had a refrigerator, and like the other cabins we have been in it had the 3 ample closets and there was a sitting chair and ottoman, 2 little side tables with lamps, and the room was trimmed with colorful artwork.

DSC1576-vi.jpg

DSC01618-vi.jpg

027-vi.jpg

Since the only other cabins I have had on Carnival were 4Ks (Pride/Legend French Door) I knew the inside would be smaller, same goes for the bathroom, it was smaller but it was fine.

DSC01577-vi.jpg

We met one of 2 cabin attendants right away, he was a little shy and later we learnded he was new, he did a very good job. We brought on 2 bottles of wine and two 12-packs of soda, we asked for a bucket of ice and he not only filled that up twice a day, but we once again brought a small little cooler and he would put a few sodas in it and fill it up with ice. We always had icy cold sodas to either take to the pool or to take off the ship!

With FTTF luggage is supposed to be delivered early. My checked-bag arrived almost as soon as we got to the room, Martin's, tagged the exact same way as mine and collected at the same exact time (I saw them put his on top of mine) came way late, it was not until about 4:30 or so when his came. I was a little annoyed because i had changed into my swimsuit and shorts and he was in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt and had forgotten to pack his swim trunks in his carry-on. That was the only glitch we had with FTTF.

Great review. I sail on her in May. I also booked inside cabin on the Lido Deck (9255). How is the noise on that deck? I guess it is also a great location for the buffet as well. What Cover Band is on the ship? Thanks for the info.

Great review. I sail on her in May. I also booked inside cabin on the Lido Deck (9255). How is the noise on that deck? I guess it is also a great location for the buffet as well. What Cover Band is on the ship? Thanks for the info.

The noise is not bad, as with any cabin the last night seems the worst as people are packing and people are putting out their luggage and stewards are collecting luggage until 11pm or so. We were out of the cabin a lot and the one night we turned in super early there was no noise. The last night there was a lot of talking in the hallway, we turned in early because we had a long drive ahead of us and that bugged me, just the disregard that people might be trying to sleep, but if you plan to be out late the last night you wont have a problem.

It is convenient to the main family pool, Guys, Blue Iguana, which you have to walk by to get to where the buffets are. Lido is a great cabin location, and the cabin location that we had and you will have is also close to the elevator area so when it is time to go to the gangway you are just going down and not a lot of walking is needed. Likewise it is convenient to anywhere relatively forward/midship on any of the lower decks because you are just going out of your cabin, turning to the right, and going down the via elevators.

I am soooo enjoying your review and all your photos!!

My last cruise was on the Breeze and I absolutely loved that ship and thought for SURE my next cruise would be on the Breeze as well....however, as it turns out I will be saling the Liberty again next....which was my favorite ship before my Breeze sailing....I am very thankful for your photos and review because you are reminding me of why I loved the Liberty so much!! THANKS!! ;)

I'm really enjoying your review! Although we are doing the Liberty Western this time, we have done the Liberty Eastern in the past, and it's nice to relive it through your pictures.

I love the Western Itinerary(we did on Legend), I loved Roatan!!!

I am soooo enjoying your review and all your photos!!

My last cruise was on the Breeze and I absolutely loved that ship and thought for SURE my next cruise would be on the Breeze as well....however, as it turns out I will be saling the Liberty again next....which was my favorite ship before my Breeze sailing....I am very thankful for your photos and review because you are reminding me of why I loved the Liberty so much!! THANKS!! ;)

What were your favorite Breeze features? I don't know that i will ever go on her because of her size, i'm on the fence about it.

What were your favorite Breeze features? I don't know that i will ever go on her because of her size, i'm on the fence about it.

What I loved about the Breeze was all the different places to go and just BE.... I really liked the hot tubs on the side of the ship on Deck 5....I liked the shady area and tables above the main pool area....I enjoyed Red Frog Pub ....There just seemed like so many places to hang out and just relax....One port day I stayed on the ship and went from place to place...and I still didn't get to do everything that I wanted to do after an 8 day cruise.

599-vi.jpg

604-vi.jpg

We had breakfast at the buffet before heading out, it was very good, eggs, crispy bacon, fruit, we both love their pastries.

We were so excited about going to San Juan when we booked but as the Government Shutdown loomed and then knowing that the forts, our main attractions, were closed, we actually contemplated staying on the ship. We decided to just get off the ship and catch a ride on the free Hop on Hop off. We had read that it would be less crowded if we got on at Trolley stop 14 (walk west down the waterfront) but we went to stop 1 anyway, it was early and we got a seat no problem.

DSC02154-vi.jpg

DSC02155-vi.jpg

There are THREE trolley routes, all starting at Trolley Stop 1, we took the first one that came without looking at its route, but we were glad we did, it was the shorter of the 3 routes but we loved the scenery and narrow roads.

We hopped off that trolley and onto another that was behind us heading for the combination of the City Hall route and the El Morro route. There is a third trolley that goes to El Morro which is an open trolley, it goes right up to the entrance of El Morro, which means less walking. We are happy to be in a closed A/C trolley, i have ashtma, it was already crazy hot and humid.

Edited by Danacat222

We got off at stop 18 right in front of Fort San Cristobal. During a Government Shutdown, one can walk around the grounds, but obviously not enter the forts and there is no guide. Closed is closed. What timing!

DSC2158-vi.jpg

614-vi.jpg

DSC02159-vi.jpg

615-vi.jpg

618-vi.jpg

622-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

San Juan Cemetery

659-vi.jpg

662-vi.jpg

We stopped and drank water and did some people watching, i asked Martin if he was ready to cross over and go to the front gate of El Morro...look at the expression he gave me, AND the SWEAT!

664-vi.jpg

On that note, we decided to hop on the next trolley that we saw, we had about a 15 minute wait, so i just took pictures of birds.

665-vi.jpg