Can he still bring me drinks?

VUCruiser

We are considering the signature beverage package on our upcoming Westerdam trip and while i know it is new, i hope you may have some thoughts... My DH often will hit a bar to pick up drinks for us as i choose a portion of rail on the promenade for sunset....a long standing tradition for us. I doubt he will be able to just bring my gold card to get me a drink. I am guessing we will either both have to go to the bar first, or if he goes alone he will get his drink with his gold card and have to pay for the second one for me via the regular key card. Is this how others read it? Same thing in the morning, if he goes up top to get a bloody mary for him and a mimosa for me to have with our room service breakfast on the balcony-will he will be able to get one drink on the gold card, and the second one have to pay for? Or do folks think that if he has both gold cards, he can pick up two drinks? Not looking to skirt the system, just playing scenarios out as we plan our trip, knowing our traditions on board. thanks!

Seeing it hasn't started yet, none of us really know all the tiny details of how it will work. I suspect he should be able to get his drink from his card and your drink on your card. Why should HAL care if he wants to bring your drink to you vs having you present when it is ordered/delivered?

Are you talking about the Explore 4 program?

Seeing it hasn't started yet, none of us really know all the tiny details of how it will work. I suspect he should be able to get his drink from his card and your drink on your card. Why should HAL care if he wants to bring your drink to you vs having you present when it is ordered/delivered?

The Signature Bev Package has been around for a year or so. The OP is sailing on Dec 7, (Pearl Harbor Day, and my Dad's birthday) so this is before Explore4 starts.

The gold signature card is the one that started last winter -- a form of it was on our Westerdam cruise.

For us -- just too expensive -- we don't drink a lot. Can't justify the price of it. And all passengers in the cabin over 21 have to buy the package.

It is similar to the one that comes with the Explore4 package.

The gold signature card is the one that started last winter -- a form of it was on our Westerdam cruise.

For us -- just too expensive -- we don't drink a lot. Can't justify the price of it. And all passengers in the cabin over 21 have to buy the package.

It is similar to the one that comes with the Explore4 package.

We have never found any of their drink or wine packages work for us. We don't like the wines offered in either wine package and the wine I drink in the lounges and DH's cocktail cost over their low limit for Explore 4.

Thanks! Good to know Cruiz'n Baers! We have done the math and the package should work out for us, at least close enough for us to give it a try. From what I have read on other posts, the gold cards are what you are given when you sign up.

Thanks! Good to know Cruiz'n Baers! We have done the math and the package should work out for us, at least close enough for us to give it a try. From what I have read on other posts, the gold cards are what you are given when you sign up.

Although I don't know for sure, it seems to me that the Signature Beverage card and the Explore 4 beverage card are pretty much the same program. The difference is that the Explore 4 program includes the card in the cruise fee.

We enjoyed the plan, we were on a cruise that did not have long port days. We would come back to the ship, have a cocktail or two, have a before dinner drink at the Ocean Bar, have wine with dinner, maybe an after dinner drink, and a couple of cocktails in the Piano Bar. We and the couple traveling with us purchased the card and felt it was worth it, no one in our party got "sloppy" and we knew what our bar bill was going to be at the end of our cruise. We liked it, to each his own.

Archived