Pillows on Princess

suntan

I NEVER NEVER travel without my pillow it goes wherever I do.. I bring a carryon bag and it goes in there always....or my trip would be awful

Cant put it in my suitcase as its temperpedic and weighs alot...drives hubby crazy but better than my being miserable and in pain the whole vacation.So where theres a will theres a way.

I have never had any bother with pillows until this year on Crown. They were hard and lumpy, as if they had been washed and all the stuffing had moved to the wrong places. When I think back I don`t know why I didn`t ask for new ones.

This past April I was on the Epic in a Haven Suite & we had the best sleep ever. It was the most comfortable bed & pillow we have ever slept on. Better than the one at home. We also had a pillow menu. I got a Feather pillow & my Hubby got one that cools you as you sleep.

Other than that, I remember once on RCCL (can't remember which ship) I had a great pillow. All others you have to stack them until there is enough under your head.

OK, I have obscured the name of the retailer. I think if you do a search for the product name, you will come up with it!

You can list Walmart's name. As far as I've discovered, only TA's names, email, phone, etc., are outlawed.

Edited by Treven

It seemed to work just fine in my "test run" with our latex pillows.... they bounce right back!

Keep in mind, you don't want the space bags that need a vacuum.... you want the kind that you "roll" the air out of. You put the pillow in, zip the bag shut, then roll from one end, and the air is pushed out a one-way valve on the other end. I don't think they are meant for long-term storage, but as long as they keep the pillow flat long enough for me to pack the rest of my stuff on top and zip the suitcase shut, then I'm fine with it!

I don't recall the brand off hand, but I'm pretty sure they are marketed as a "travel accessory."

Hope that helps!

Thank you! That does help! I have some of those space bags that you roll the air out of - had to get them for a cold weather cruise once (that ended up having record HIGH temps! :mad:). Thanks for the help - I'll give it a try. :)

I've never had a problem getting a pillow replaced if I didn't like what was provided. Last 2 cruises I had a suite and they did have a pillow menu which we took advantage of. Also if the bed was too firm , princess provided toppers which was fine. I own a mattress store, and you CAN swooch the air out of any foam pillow without harming it in any way. When they are shipped from manufacturer, they are compressed. Jim

Just off a cruise on Princess. The pillows are wafer thin. I carry a travel pillow that I bought at wal green pharmacy for around $4. It works perfectly. I put it in an oversized zip lock bag and roll the air out of it. It springs back when I open the bag. Also, feather pillows make my face itch. Yes, Princess has one of each type, feather and fiber fill, on the beds. Plus the duvet is feather. So I itch, itch, itch.

On the three other cruise lines I've tried, the pillows were soft lumps of yumminess, but on Princess, every pillow I've had was apparently either filled with golf balls, flattened by a semi on the way to the ship, or dark in color and hard as a rock (hopefully NOT from dust mite excrement?.) I don't understand why Princess doesn't realize that this is a problem? Yes, I do ask the stateroom steward for a few more, and am always obliged -- and the additional pillows are just as bad. And yes, any of us can go down to Walmart and pick up a pillow for $5 to $10, but should we have to? Princess should have that responsibility. Princess could order some better pillows from Walmart, or they could purchase excellent pillows from their sister company's website: http://www.carnivalcomfortcollection.com/store/index.cfm?fa=details&CategoryID=5&ProductID=4&page=1

or simply ask Carnival who their wholesaler is and get the same pillows. I love the Princess product in general, but the pillows leave me SMH.

Just off a cruise on Princess. The pillows are wafer thin. I carry a travel pillow that I bought at wal green pharmacy for around $4. It works perfectly. I put it in an oversized zip lock bag and roll the air out of it. It springs back when I open the bag. Also, feather pillows make my face itch. Yes, Princess has one of each type, feather and fiber fill, on the beds. Plus the duvet is feather. So I itch, itch, itch.

About 3 wks. before your next cruise, have your TA send a FAX a request to housekeeping that your cabin is feather-free. I've learned I need to do this too (the hard way - talk about congestion and itching!). Benadryl helps but once those feather products are out of your cabin, it makes a world of difference.

• 3 weeks later...

We just came off the Golden, and I had a bad reaction as well. It was actually really bad. Once I realized the pillows and duvet were feathers I asked for them to be changed out. It really helped.

So, when I came back I sent a message to Princess and then followed up with a phone call for our upcoming cruise on the Sapphire. The Princess agent went checked with someone, and they said the Sapphire doesn't have feather products in the room. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Bedding comfort is subjective however for my bad back & neck the Royal's pillow-top mattress & 2 king sized pillows per person were the best ones on Princess. Hopefully the replacement program on other ships will soon offer the same quality of bedding on all ships as on the Royal. Edited by Astro Flyer