carnival splendor 8 day mdr menu???

sylantbob

Elegant nights are the lst sea day and the 2nd to the last day. So if you leave on a Monday, elegant night will be Tuesday and Sunday, just in case you don't want to miss those days. And I finally figured out after oh so many cruises that creme brulee is only served on the lst night (embark day) in case you have a hankering for that instead of the free bottle of wine! :p Can't help you with the menus, tho. I really don't remember them except every dinner was very good! Have a great cruise!

Okay, just out of curiosity, we ALWAYS do the 8 night cruises and for the life of me I can't remember any of the menus except I know there is prime rib/lobster/filet mignon on elegant nights. Since you are BOTH in agreement about the 3rd night, what was your reason? Again, just wondering! :rolleyes::p

Aside from the different entrees/main course offered nightly during our 8 nights on the Splendor, the Starter or appetizer choices were always good with something for us to choose them - frog legs, escargots, oyster rockefeller, shrimp, and smoked duck.

The main event included 2 variants of turkey breast (not most exciting, of course,) beef short ribs, 2 variants of roast lamb, mahi mahi, red snapper, and petite fillet mignon (it's small, okay - pair it up with tiger shrimps, our server had no problems doing it - plus a side of steamed rice or french fries) or baby hen, pork loins, seafood newburg, and, assorted pasta & vegetarian dishes. There's a link here somewhere to the "generic" 7 nights or 8 nights MDR menu for the fleet, and it's pretty close. Creme burlee was served on embarkation evening only, a notch too sweet for us but good otherwise - could only get it in Le Bistro (French specialty) on NCL ships these days, not longer served in MDR.

Suffice to say, nobody in our group went hungry afterward and the hot soup weren't too salty or high in sodium, which's healthy for everyone - that we opted not to even book one evening at the Steakhouse (and, that was to celebrate BIL's 60's b'day at sea.

Archived