Upsell offer? Good or Bad

myheart53

We booked a VH GTY on our upcoming cruise. We were ok with that when we booked, but the more we thought about it, decided we would love to have a bigger stateroom like the one we had on our last cruise in August. Yes, we are now spoiled. There have been two price drops since we booked, one last week of $100 and this week $50. I called last week and they offered us $50 OBC and a upsell to a SY for $600/pp. I said no and they informed me to call back this week. I just called and we were offered an upsell to a SZ for $500/pp and we would lose our $50 OBC but "out of a gesture" they would give us $25/pp OBC. Also, said that there are only 2 SZ's on the ship so we would be moved up. Wow, didn't know what to do, actually thought we would be offered a lower price, but went ahead and bit the bullet and took the offer. So, for a two week cruise in a Signature Suite $1549/pp is what we have. What do you think? Is this a good deal? This is the first time we have been offered an upsell, so not sure if we did the right thing. Anyways, I am so excited to be on a ship with plenty of cabin space.....and just happy that we have been Blessed. :)

I would do that! What ship are you on, and did you call HAL or your travel agent?

We also have a VH booked, and I think I may call and see if we can upgrade for a price. There have been price drops on our sailing also.

I think you got a good price. Let us know what you end up with, and enjoy your cruise!

A signature suite is very nice (I think they are Vista suites now).

and with it being the SZ - unless they gave you a room number you could well end up in SS or SY or an offer to upsell (if they are not sold out) to the Neptune Suites.

14 days - extra space is very nice - I would have done it - you will have a great time!

Kazu, right now, they are only showing 2 categories of the Neptune Suites available instead of the 3 they had yesterday. They are showing 2 cabins in the middle category and 6 cabins in the upper category. Oh yeah, it would be awesome to be in a Neptune suite with the perks but if it doesn't happen, we are happy with the suite we have, whatever the cabin number ends up being. Question, if they are showing a total of 6 cabins to choose from in the Neptune Suites, is that truly all they have available? In fact, in the Signature Suites, there are just a handful of cabins to choose from...the rest are GTY. I would entertain the thought of an upsell to a Neptune, but it would have to be a very low price. Too close to Christmas, have to buy presents...lol.

George C, yes the first cruise we were in a VA....the last one in a SY, so yep, I think we are spoiled...now if it was just a week cruise, then a smaller cabin would be ok though. I just wish the Signature suites had a few more perks.

Linda and Vern, Krazy, and Starwin, thank you so much for giving me your opinions on this upsell. :)

Kazu, right now, they are only showing 2 categories of the Neptune Suites available instead of the 3 they had yesterday. They are showing 2 cabins in the middle category and 6 cabins in the upper category. Oh yeah, it would be awesome to be in a Neptune suite with the perks but if it doesn't happen, we are happy with the suite we have, whatever the cabin number ends up being. Question, if they are showing a total of 6 cabins to choose from in the Neptune Suites, is that truly all they have available? In fact, in the Signature Suites, there are just a handful of cabins to choose from...the rest are GTY. I would entertain the thought of an upsell to a Neptune, but it would have to be a very low price. Too close to Christmas, have to buy presents...lol.

George C, yes the first cruise we were in a VA....the last one in a SY, so yep, I think we are spoiled...now if it was just a week cruise, then a smaller cabin would be ok though. I just wish the Signature suites had a few more perks.

Linda and Vern, Krazy, and Starwin, thank you so much for giving me your opinions on this upsell. :)

If cabins are showing available then there will be an upsell round - no guarantee you will get one - but if you do have a price in mind and be prepared to move.

Usually if that's what's showing that technically is what is available but they could also be busy assigning cabins so some might show booked temporarily and then free up. Usually though the ones showing are the ones available.

Don't worry - you will have lots of space in your new cabin. It's quite comfy (and beats the heck out of a verandah) BUT if a Neptune offer comes don't wait - either say no or yes - he who hesitates is loss as plenty of people will grab it and the offer goes out to many.

You're going to have a great stateroom no matter where you are. Enjoy:D

Upgrade fairy good here too. Started way back when with gty inside for $ 499; say a flash sale and got a gty VH for an additional $50 pp. Then Wednesday we were assigned a VA aft. Got an email and got Neptune wrap around balcony for $249pp. So that's $800 pp for a great cabin.

It will never ever happen again, of that I'm sure

Upgrade fairy good here too. Started way back when with gty inside for $ 499; say a flash sale and got a gty VH for an additional $50 pp. Then Wednesday we were assigned a VA aft. Got an email and got Neptune wrap around balcony for $249pp. So that's $800 pp for a great cabin.

WOW!!! That's a very suite deal indeed - good for you!!

Great news! Wow...a Neptune Suite....fantastic! I can only dream...lol. I received an email from Holland today and it said something about a change....got excited...thought they were going to offer me an upsell to the Neptune suite, or that our cabin had been assigned, but nope, it was only to inform us that there had been a change in our cabin category since we purchased the upsell yesterday. :( Oh well, I am still a happy camper :)

If cabins are showing available then there will be an upsell round - no guarantee you will get one - but if you do have a price in mind and be prepared to move.

Usually if that's what's showing that technically is what is available but they could also be busy assigning cabins so some might show booked temporarily and then free up. Usually though the ones showing are the ones available.

Don't worry - you will have lots of space in your new cabin. It's quite comfy (and beats the heck out of a verandah) BUT if a Neptune offer comes don't wait - either say no or yes - he who hesitates is loss as plenty of people will grab it and the offer goes out to many.

You're going to have a great stateroom no matter where you are. Enjoy:D

Hi Kazu, I noticed today that the VH Gty has gone up in price by $50 dollars...hmm guess they had too many buying at the reduced rate. There are still only showing 2 categories of the Neptune Suites available with 2 cabins in one category and 6 cabins in the upper category. So, I guess we wait until they assign us a cabin, and or, offer us an upsell to a Neptune, which I am not holding my breath on... :) Just in case, what would you consider a good upsell amount?

Oh my, what a deal! Let us know what you think of the aft wrap.

Archived