Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

Already thought that. My wife will think I am nuts as I go looking for it. If I don't find it I might just have to find you on the boards for better hints.

If I don't find it this sailing I will have our March sailing as well. I would figure they would be removed with the plants for the trans-Atlantic repositioning unless, the Hungarian gardener Laslo Turres hides/relocates them next fall.

How did you come to hear about them?

Andrew

HAHA Laslo. I remember him from Mighty Ships. Does he still work on Oasis? They're removing plants for the transatlantic? Why would they do that? wouldn't Central Park be very bland?

I did a ton of research before the trip and found 1 picture of the gnome on the internet. There wasn't even anything written about it. It was a big topic of conversation for us on our roll call.

Just wondered how long it took you to get to the arena from the Hyatt? We are planning on going in April before we get on the Allure.

Did you purchase your tickets prior to the game? or at the arena?

Nice pictures!

Jan

Hi Jan, The drive from our hotel to the BB&T Center is about 25 minutes. Because the Hyatt is right beside I-95, it saves a bit of time. Parking used to be free but they are now charging $20 and we had to park so far away. After we thought we should have parked at Sawgrass for free and just walked across the street. We got our tickets before hand. Most games I'm sure will be fine to get tix there as they rarely sell out. There is a game vs Toronto in April which will most likely sell out from Leafs fans.

Edited by Cupcrazy

HAHA Laslo. I remember him from Mighty Ships. Does he still work on Oasis? They're removing plants for the transatlantic? Why would they do that? wouldn't Central Park be very bland?

I did a ton of research before the trip and found 1 picture of the gnome on the internet. There wasn't even anything written about it. It was a big topic of conversation for us on our roll call.

You liked my Mighty Ship reference, you might have watched it more than me. He was in July 2013. We actually met him at the helipad sail away part in Nassau. He works so much time on board, then so much time off. It was a different amount of time than the normal contract as in it was shorter, say not 9 months for example but say 6. I will need to keep my eyes open for Laslo as I am sure he knows where it is.

People on CC have commented that the plants that are used to the warm tropics will not do well with the colder temps well crossing the Atlantic. Perhaps they will switch them out until they return Stateside to plants that are not as suspect to cold temps. The idea makes sense to me.

Now I want to smuggle on another gnome. You know new stories to share, must be boring for the two of them. Maybe the one from this video that includes Matthew Good and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

oh the story's those gnomes could share.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Now I want to smuggle on another gnome. You know new stories to share, must be boring for the two of them. Maybe the one from this video that includes Matthew Good and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Andrew

:( I can't watch vid. Not available in my country it tells me !

I'm sailing the EOS on Dec. 29th. I may just have to bring a gnome w/me and start a new RCI trend :D

I just have to say I'm loving your review, especially the pictures and videos. I'm getting ready to sail on Oasis for the first time on Saturday and I cannot be more excited about it. It's also the western itinerary. I have one question. What two nights during the cruise are the formal nights on? Some of us on our roll call have been getting conflicting information and are not sure if the second one is on night 5 or 6. Thanks :)

Andrew

I'm sailing the EOS on Dec. 29th. I may just have to bring a gnome w/me and start a new RCI trend :D

I found these links. Hopefully one of them will work in the US.

http://www.contactmusic.com/video/matthew-good-band-anti-pop

http://www.muchmusic.com/artists/5346/matthew-good-band/videos/cid/128904/anti-pop this one has an ad first

http://www.rock104.ca/music/artist/matthew-good-band/video/DyNwY08H49Y/

Matt Good is a Canadian music artist from the 90s. They look like they had fun making this video, the gnome too;).

If not try doing a google search for "Matthew Good Band Anti-pop video" and hopefully it will come up for you.

Andrew

I found these links. Hopefully one of them will work in the US.

http://www.contactmusic.com/video/matthew-good-band-anti-pop

http://www.muchmusic.com/artists/5346/matthew-good-band/videos/cid/128904/anti-pop this one has an ad first

http://www.rock104.ca/music/artist/matthew-good-band/video/DyNwY08H49Y/

Matt Good is a Canadian music artist from the 90s. They look like they had fun making this video, the gnome too;).

If not try doing a google search for "Matthew Good Band Anti-pop video" and hopefully it will come up for you.

Andrew

TY for the links !! I agree looks like Dale & the boys had a blast making that. I wouldn't of minded being the gnome in parts of the video:rolleyes:

Nate or if you prefer Cupcrazy, this looks like the next crazy eights reunion tour.

ImageUploadedByForums1383603009.892603.jpg.a4ee73e984728eac8044def00876628f.jpg

That is the skillet six plus 2 peace equals the crazy eights.

Your move, time to change that reservation for October 12. Like our old roll call said. "Let's go October 12".

Nate or if you prefer Cupcrazy, this looks like the next crazy eights reunion tour.

[ATTACH]291928[/ATTACH]

That is the skillet six plus 2 peace equals the crazy eights.

Your move, time to change that reservation for October 12. Like our old roll call said. "Let's go October 12".

Check out the new roll call, it's already pretty active!!

I just have to say I'm loving your review, especially the pictures and videos. I'm getting ready to sail on Oasis for the first time on Saturday and I cannot be more excited about it. It's also the western itinerary. I have one question. What two nights during the cruise are the formal nights on? Some of us on our roll call have been getting conflicting information and are not sure if the second one is on night 5 or 6. Thanks :)

Formal nights are on day 2 and day 5...1st and 2nd days at sea. Hope this helps.

Thanks! You're going to love Oasis. Such an amazing ship. You can put everyone's mind a ease as the formal nights are the first 2 sea days. Night 2 & night 5.

So Cupcarzy I lurked over to your roll call and darn it, there are no clues to where the gnome is. In less than 2 weeks I shall start looking.:D

Nope, no clues. Good luck! You'll need it

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

In the room we were watching an episode of Married With Children on TBS. It was the episode where they go on a cruise and the ship sinks. Not a great episode to watch while on a cruise.

IMG_1509.jpg

Breakfast in Windjammer. It only took 7 days but I finally found some lox.

IMG_1510.jpg

In the Promenade they had all their watch sales back again. One last "blow out"

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg