Room switches after final payment?

camarodrivenrs

We've never had a problem doing room switches although we seldom have. On two cruises in the last few years the CC class has dropped in price after final payment. Once we were switched and just payed the difference and the other time it was less than we paid for our regular balcony room and they allowed us to switch, but there was no refund (we didn't mind... still seemed like a good deal).

They will not refund $$$ if you switch to something that costs less, but they are super flexible otherwise.

Tom

New to celebrity....

Do they allow room changes to equal cabin categories or upgrades by paying the difference?

We had some friends join our sailing late and would like to try to get a cabin closer together.

I do it all the time. I book a cruise as soon as I know what I want at the price I am willing to pay. Prior to final payment, I bird dog price drops and take advantage of them if they come up as well as move my cabin to a more desirable location if that option comes up.

After final payment, I will move my cabin as a better one becomes available from cancellations. No problem.

Tucker in Texas

The key is the dollar amount you have paid. You are allowed to move about at equal or less $$$ even it is means a change of categories. Sometimes, better cabins open up after the final payment. We once moved one week before and there was no major problem except that you may not get pre-printed luggage tags. Just fill one out by hand at the dock or the porters will take good care of you.

Archived