What Color to Wear

geocruiser

Wow, I just read this thread and I'm so glad you came back to update everyone! I'm glad that you are doing well!

We lost our power for 11 hours in the -15 degree weather this week. DH and I decided to go for dinner to escape our dark, cold house, and when we returned I tripped over our own front step. I ended up passed out in the 2 feet of snow and my poor DH had to drag me into the house by my coat, so I wouldn't freeze. When I came to, I didn't know where I was, the lights were still out and my clothes were so wet. The only good thing was our dog was laying next to me trying to comfort me.

I ended up with a severely sprained ankle, lots of bruises, and we have a cruise in 4 weeks. Right now I'm on crutches and trying to adjust to that.

Be careful out there everyone. I always thought that I was too careful to fall and that I wore the best winter boots. Boy, it happens in an instance. I'm going to get a cane too. Getting off of the toilet is no fun! If only I was 10 years younger!

Wow, I just read this thread and I'm so glad you came back to update everyone! I'm glad that you are doing well!

We lost our power for 11 hours in the -15 degree weather this week. DH and I decided to go for dinner to escape our dark, cold house, and when we returned I tripped over our own front step. I ended up passed out in the 2 feet of snow and my poor DH had to drag me into the house by my coat, so I wouldn't freeze. When I came to, I didn't know where I was, the lights were still out and my clothes were so wet. The only good thing was our dog was laying next to me trying to comfort me.

I ended up with a severely sprained ankle, lots of bruises, and we have a cruise in 4 weeks. Right now I'm on crutches and trying to adjust to that.

Be careful out there everyone. I always thought that I was too careful to fall and that I wore the best winter boots. Boy, it happens in an instance. I'm going to get a cane too. Getting off of the toilet is no fun! If only I was 10 years younger!

My mother-in-law loves this. You might want to try it. You can get them at Rite-Aide, CVS, etc.:

http://www.amazon.com/Posey-Guardian-Toilet-Safety-Frame/dp/B000GCMYE2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1389411230&sr=8-5&keywords=toilet+bars+for+elderly

Just want to update all of you. I am doing better. I use a cane now when I an not inside. I just have another MRI in the spring to do. When I fell I had two small bleeds (cause by the fall) outside the brain BUT underneath the skull ( so in between the brain and the skull). The said it take time for the dry blood to go away inside the skull.

I am very blessed to be doing fine. Thank all of you for the get well wishes.

PS the blck eye is just about gone. So now I have to change the colors that I wear to go with my brown and grey hair!

I'm so glad you are doing better! Doesn't it seem to take forever for that black eye to go away?:( Take care!

Just want to update all of you. I am doing better. I use a cane now when I an not inside. I just have another MRI in the spring to do. When I fell I had two small bleeds (cause by the fall) outside the brain BUT underneath the skull ( so in between the brain and the skull). The said it take time for the dry blood to go away inside the skull.

I am very blessed to be doing fine. Thank all of you for the get well wishes.

PS the blck eye is just about gone. So now I have to change the colors that I wear to go with my brown and grey hair!

I just read this entire thread. So glad that you are feeling better. Wow, just awful.

When I read your opening post I thought why should you only dress for the black eye on formal night? I thought a t-shirt with the saying "You should see the other other guy" would be a light hearted shirt to wear as you boarded the ship.:D

I have a saying for winter: "Walk like a penguin." No matter what boots I have on, I still take little, wide steps in sketchy conditions!

Go to the fashionablecanes.com site to find tons of canes! All sorts of styles and patterns. AND, also pay for a retractable snow tip! I have one for my cane from when I had to use one all winter long (recovering from a broken leg). If you gotta get a cane, go stylin' !!!

Thank all of you for the get well wishes.

Hoosiermama,

Sorry to hear about your fall. Sprained ankle& bruises can take time to heal. Take care of your self.

pcur,

I love wearing long flowy skirts flowy blouse with long sleeves . You know my style!

slidergirl,

Thanks for the link for the canes. My Dr want me to use one because my feet don't work right some times.

Karysa,

Thant would be a funny tee shirt!

sail7seas,

I am very lucky. I thank God each day for making me well.

fyree39,

It was very scary fall. I am still frighten that I could fall again. But I have to go on living. Jus use a can when out of the house. We gave our bikes away too. The Dr. did not want me riding a two wheeled bike. BUT he said I can ride a three wheeled. Now tht we are in our winter home in Fl, lots of people use them and we may but some too.

pcur, I was so close to buying the toilet aid thing, but thankfully there is a half wall next to the stool, so I lean on that and pull myself up. I'm sure that looks really graceful!

slidergirl, If walking like a penguin keeps me upright, I'm all for that! I will be getting that cane because even trying to take a shower is scary.

geocruiser, thanks for the good wishes. Let's all try to stay upright this year!

pcur, I was so close to buying the toilet aid thing, but thankfully there is a half wall next to the stool, so I lean on that and pull myself up. I'm sure that looks really graceful!

slidergirl, If walking like a penguin keeps me upright, I'm all for that! I will be getting that cane because even trying to take a shower is scary.

geocruiser, thanks for the good wishes. Let's all try to stay upright this year!

I just got back to this thread. Forget graceful and penguin walking: if it gets you through, that's what is important. Good healing to you!!