"WAITLISTED" experience?

Lvteks

After having been told "no" by the same department, I called back with another question and mentioned my previous request about a certain cabin I hoped might become available. The agent immediately took all the details and completed the process.

Has anyone actually been notified that their cabin of choice became available? Any comment appreciated.

Blessings,

Gail

After having been told "no" by the same department, I called back with another question and mentioned my previous request about a certain cabin I hoped might become available. The agent immediately took all the details and completed the process.

Has anyone actually been notified that their cabin of choice became available? Any comment appreciated.

Blessings,

Gail

It's often that you will get two diametrically opposed answers from two different sales reps.

As to your question, sorry I've never had to ask for a wait list, but my guess is while your chances are not good, they are 100% better then if you had not asked.

My TA told me to keep checking the HAL website, then call if and when my desired cabin became available. It worked....my new cabin is on my profile and we are happy! I really don't expect my TA or HAL to keep checking. I prefer to be in control, anyway.

Are you wait listed for a specific category of cabin or for a specific cabin? I guess what I mean is are you already booked on the cruise? All makes a difference. If you are trying to get on a specific cruise and you are wait listed, depending on how far out from the cruise you are, chances could be 50/50. If your booked and you are just trying to get a specific cabin, chances for that are not so good, again depending on how far out you are from sailing but at least your on the cruise.

Personally I have found Hal wait list program is not particularly good. I agree with Linda M, you need to keep checking Hal's website because you are more likely to find your cabin then Hal is in calling you.

On another note, we were waitlisted for the Swisshotel in Amsterdam in Sept. It was on our profile as being booked. Then, one day....it was gone. No phone call--nothing. My then TA said HAL does not call if the waitlisting expires. Had I not been somewhat computer literate, I would not have known that I needed to book another hotel!!

Blessings,

Gail

I am happy to hear that you got your accessible cabin;)

I didn't reply to your other thread as my situation was really different. But on a past cruise there was a huge price drop below what I was paying a few days after final payment and certain circumstances that I will not go into. Through my TA I requested an upgrade to a specific C cabin on LP. That cabin class was going for a whole bunch less than I paid for a lower grade K guarantee. (I wanted an assignment change but not over a C on LP). My TA asked the request to be put into my profile but the request was not initially granted. As it turned out, I got assigned another cabin of the same category C on LP.

So my sense is at least someone took the request into consideration.

Archived