Boston Proper?

magandab

I ordered from them years ago....the quality is equal with what you pay.....I found the sizing to be iffy.....I had to return several items because of the way they were cut. They fit here, but not there, if you understand what I mean.

If you don't mind returning to get the right size, then it's fine.

I prefer trying on things 1st, so I don't have to go through the shipping thing!

Remember...you get what you pay for.

Boston Proper was bought by Chico's a year or so ago. Recently Boston Proper opened a retail store at a mall near me. I had never seen their clothing before except in the catalog. Frankly I was impressed and put it on a par with Chico's for quality and style. I would also put it on a par with Cache or Anne Taylor except not as businesslike as AT.

That said. I don't buy their clothes because they are designed for younger women than I can wear. For example, their necklines tend to be lower than typical Chico's cuts and their dresses are more fitted and shorter. Most designs are sexier, for want of a better word. I prefer a more demure look for myself.

The store is very tastefully designed and decorated. Nothing about it says cheap or sleasy. I think it would be a great place to look for cocktail dresses. Also their accessories, such as jewelry and clutches are very nice.

I hadn't really liked their clothing based on the catalog, but when I saw the real item and the very nice store, I changed my mind. Still, I can't wear much of what they sell. If I were thirty, maybe I would.

Boston Proper was bought by Chico's a year or so ago. Recently Boston Proper opened a retail store at a mall near me. I had never seen their clothing before except in the catalog. Frankly I was impressed and put it on a par with Chico's for quality and style. I would also put it on a par with Cache or Anne Taylor except not as businesslike as AT.

That said. I don't buy their clothes because they are designed for younger women than I can wear. For example, their necklines tend to be lower than typical Chico's cuts and their dresses are more fitted and shorter. Most designs are sexier, for want of a better word. I prefer a more demure look for myself.

The store is very tastefully designed and decorated. Nothing about it says cheap or sleasy. I think it would be a great place to look for cocktail dresses. Also their accessories, such as jewelry and clutches are very nice.

I hadn't really liked their clothing based on the catalog, but when I saw the real item and the very nice store, I changed my mind. Still, I can't wear much of what they sell. If I were thirty, maybe I would.

I agree it's like Cache, but not at all like Anne Taylor or Chicos. They just opened in Boca Raton, FL.

I ordered from them a few times in the past and found their sizing a bit small. I needed to go up a size and even then the fit wasn't great on me but we all have different body types so not sure that means anything. :o

Edited by sail7seas

I remember getting getting their catalogs years ago and thinking the styles were too "old" for me. Well, thanks to the OP for bringing them up again because I'm definitely going to go on their website. I like White House Black Market, Banana Republic and some Ann Taylor dresses and I remember BP giving me a similar vibe. Just got a new job and think it's more of biz casual environment with room for fashionable flair, so BP may be my new favorite. Good sales don't hurt, either.

I went into the BP store in Boca Raton for the first time today. They had 30% off everything so it was enticing. The store is nice, with wood hangers, but way too small. I tried on a pair of pants and a top. I usually wear a size M or L, but even the stretchy size S top was way too big in the shoulders/armhole; I am petite, so I guess it was designed for a taller person. I fit into size 12 skinny pants (the largest size they carry) but they weren't flattering and they bunched up in spots. Most of the styles are reminiscent of clubwear from the 90s, though some of the tops had the modern peplum bottoms. My husband said that while I was in the dressing room that 3 people came in to return items they had ordered online. I think this store is for average to tall women who like fitted sexy clothing.

I went into the BP store in Boca Raton for the first time today. They had 30% off everything so it was enticing. The store is nice, with wood hangers, but way too small. I tried on a pair of pants and a top. I usually wear a size M or L, but even the stretchy size S top was way too big in the shoulders/armhole; I am petite, so I guess it was designed for a taller person. I fit into size 12 skinny pants (the largest size they carry) but they weren't flattering and they bunched up in spots. Most of the styles are reminiscent of clubwear from the 90s, though some of the tops had the modern peplum bottoms. My husband said that while I was in the dressing room that 3 people came in to return items they had ordered online. I think this store is for average to tall women who like fitted sexy clothing.

I bought a black Peplum dress online in a 6 and it fit. I normally wear a 4 before my weight gain this summer, so I guess they do run big in sizing. Yes, ITA that some of the stuff is reminiscent of 90s club clothing a la bebe. I worked there for years before they started selling cheap, Chinese manufactured clothing. I like some of Boston Proper's dresses so I'll be monitoring their sales now that the store is back on my radar.

Edited by trixiegal