Breakfast in the Taste Bar

fam2cruise

I've read that there is a limited breakfast buffet at the Taste Bar on Carnival ships that have it. Can anyone elaborate? I'm sailing Sunshine this month and my room is close to it...wondering if I can bring items back to my cabin to enjoy on the balcony. I'm curious what type of items are available on it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

According to the deck plans my TA sent me its on deck 5 towards the aft. My cabin is a deck 5 aft so I'm hoping to get breakfast here to bring back to our cabin. I'm traveling with a small child and infant, so this would be convenient. I didn't see bacon in these pics though, bummer.

I ate there one morning on The Breeze. Now I am talking about the food bar set up by the Ocean Plaza on the Fifth deck. Where they play Trivia and other games. that is The Taste Bar on the Breeze, I am pretty sure.

I saw.....coffee. Tea. O.J. Iced Water. to drink. Coffee was hot and good.

To eat.......toast. Boiled eggs. ( good too. not old ones). jams. butter. Pastries. A big pot of grits. Or oatmeal. I think they may have had the breakfast ham sandwiches there. they had sliced ham. Sliced cheese. Lots of Cereals. Milk. They Raisin Bran. Cheerios. Frosted Flakes. Corn Flakes. Rice Krispies or reasonable facsimiles of them.

Husband had cereal. I had b.eggs, toast, jelly. coffee. It was very good.

No bacon but cold sliced ham.

there were perhaps four couples eating in that area. I loved it. Quiet. NO crowd. We ate in the MDR two mornings. that was my favorite. I only ate in the buffet...one time. The day we left..got off of the ship. ( My eyes tend to be bigger than my stomach. I get a Plate ful of stuff, and then it can not be wasted.....so..

and I am addicted to the little cinnamon rolls they do. I could eat a dozen.

Edited by AmberTeka

We have a Deck 5 cabin on our Jan 12th Sunshine cruise, this looks very nice for us..... I hope it is getting use so they don't stop doing it.

We will be in a deck 5 cabin in two weeks on Sunshine so I will try to remember to report back here about this area.

I ate there one morning on The Breeze. Now I am talking about the food bar set up by the Ocean Plaza on the Fifth deck. Where they play Trivia and other games. that is The Taste Bar on the Breeze, I am pretty sure.

I saw.....coffee. Tea. O.J. Iced Water. to drink. Coffee was hot and good.

To eat.......toast. Boiled eggs. ( good too. not old ones). jams. butter. Pastries. A big pot of grits. Or oatmeal. I think they may have had the breakfast ham sandwiches there. they had sliced ham. Sliced cheese. Lots of Cereals. Milk. They Raisin Bran. Cheerios. Frosted Flakes. Corn Flakes. Rice Krispies or reasonable facsimiles of them.

Husband had cereal. I had b.eggs, toast, jelly. coffee. It was very good.

No bacon but cold sliced ham.

there were perhaps four couples eating in that area. I loved it. Quiet. NO crowd. We ate in the MDR two mornings. that was my favorite. I only ate in the buffet...one time. The day we left..got off of the ship. ( My eyes tend to be bigger than my stomach. I get a Plate ful of stuff, and then it can not be wasted.....so..

and I am addicted to the little cinnamon rolls they do. I could eat a dozen.

Could not agree more....this was my favorite spot in the morning on the Breeze. It was like a hidden treasure since very few people were there.

I'm pretty much addicted to my made-to-order omelet but look forward to trying a breakfast burrito soon.

Is this breakfast taste bar also on Conquest?

I need my protein in the morning, so I'm not much of a Continental breakfast person. Quick bite of ham and eggs would work, though! You know, just in case I get hungry between my 1st and 2nd breakfasts! :p

Anyone know what hours breakfast is available there?

I don't know that all Taste Bars also serve breakfast. I thought only on Dream and Sunshine class, but no reason they couldn't?

Agreed! I know the breakfast at Taste is available on the Dream, Magic, Breeze and Sunshine. Not sure about the other ships :o.

Will have to look on the Miracle in February. It would be a nice quiet alternative to the Lido on Sea Days - if it's available. ;)

Agreed! I know the breakfast at Taste is available on the Dream, Magic, Breeze and Sunshine. Not sure about the other ships :o.

Will have to look on the Miracle in February. It would be a nice quiet alternative to the Lido on Sea Days - if it's available. ;)

Glory had a taste bar but I don't know if they served breakfast. I was on her back in June.