How do the new renovations look at embassy suites fort lauderdale?

SailingDeanna

I noticed on Cruise Critic that Embassy Suites on 17th St. in Fort Lauderdale was renovating the lobby. Has anyone been there since it was complete? The most information I can find is that it was supposed to be completed by the end of October. Did they renovate anything else besides the lobby? I would love to see some pics.

Edited by SailingDeanna

We're here now and it's not done. They were working on the atrium today. I've never been here before so I'm not sure, but it looks like just the atrium area.

Edited by BND

When we were there in early Oct they were only working on the Buffet area of the atrium..not the entire atrium...They were also changing out the mattresses and updates to the rooms (as we saw some cabinets and furniture being moved out)...they seemed to be doing it floor by floor...Quite a procession of workers carrying all those mattresses. They also told us that they thought to be done by the end of October...but according to the above poster their not.

BTW: We've stayed there before and other than taking out I believe fountain..and putting in some planting areas it didn't look like it was going to change much.

Edited by Ashland

Yes, right now the work is visible only in the breakfast buffet half of the atrium; the restaurant and lounge area of the atrium remains untouched (or perhaps was already worked on and has been completed). In addition to the large breakfast area, the adjacent meeting rooms on that side of the ground floor have been gutted and are being rebuilt.

So we're in the midst of a kitchen renovation at home right now. Lots of dust and noise and that tell-tale smell. It was exactly the same when we walked on the ground floor from the back elevators to the side exit door. We were more amused than bothered. This route we took is not a required walk, and in fact if we didn't know this hotel as well as we do we probably wouldn't have know that this route was even available. And they're evidently doing a good job of controlling the dust, because its limited to that exact area.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is temporarily housed in the restaurant/lounge area.

They were also changing out the mattresses and updates to the rooms (as we saw some cabinets and furniture being moved out)...they seemed to be doing it floor by floor...

Thanks for this information too. I didn't realize they were doing anything to the rooms! Sounds great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was there last week and didn't really notice anything major. New tables and chairs in the atrium, some new paint,and public bathroom had some updates.

We did notice some work still being done in the meeting rooms.

No construction noise was heard anywhere.

The guest rooms could use some updates as they're starting to show some wear and tear.

Still a great hotel with a perfect location for before or after a cruise. We'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up to my original question. We just returned from our cruise. The renovations were still going on in the main lobby where the circular seat was in the middle. Some days they had plastic around it.

Overall, the restaurant and lobby look great. We had a great experience.