Single man wanted!

Melli

Melli. Think you would love the singles" Hosted Singles Cruises".3 Agencies do them. Saw 6 on NCL this year.Do a web search.They pair you up with same sex cabinmate or you can stay by yourself. Dine together plus other group activities. Have you looked at cruisemates site?

Enjoy it while you can. I took my 20 you son on a cruise and thought it would be great father/son bonding time. WRONG!! He made friends quickly and I saw precious little of him. It would have been nice to have another ditched parent to talk to!

Joe

I came across this thread as I am single going solo on the Freedom on the 5th of April (Yes a shameless plug). I am a single father of two daughters who grew up vacationing on Carnival...now that they are 18 and 20, I also seldom see them other then for dinner. So they insist I go away at the respectable age of 44 alone. Possibly a ploy to have the house to themselves.

Cheers

Mike

Joe & Mike ~

Too bad we weren't all on/going to be on the same cruise!

I'm so glad my son has so much fun in the teen club and with the other teens onboard, and so glad that he gets to experience it one last time. But he is well aware that this is a special cruise to me, for us, and that I'd like to do at least a few things together here and there -- Quest, a round of mini-golf, Johnny Rockets. And that many, many pictures will be taken. :D

Mike, hope your upcoming cruise is awesome!

-gina-

Thanks for the positive feedback! Im still practicing conversation starters.

The best thing I can suggest is to look for the "singles" gatherings in the Compass, and GO. Not only are they a great way to meet other single/traveling alone folks to hang out with onboard, but it's so fun to get to know the Cruise Staff who host the gatherings. Go to things like trivia, get there early, and wait for other folks to join you to form a group. (Or if you're more outgoing than I am with strangers, waltz up to their tables and ask to join their group. :) ) Same with Quest.

I deliberately switched us this time from a balcony to a Promenade stateroom, so that I will be forced to get out and be sociable most of the time instead of hiding out by myself on the balcony. The several hundred dollars saved helped too! :D

I hope you have an awesome time!!

-gina-

To all the single male cruisers out there:

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

If it's you that I mean - just say hi!;)

I'm Chad, I turn 40 in April and I book myself solo (a VERY late birsthday present) on RCI Explorer September 9th to Bermuda, It's the "Ghost Encounter's Crusie" with 3 of the stars of SyFy's Ghost Hunters. This is my first cruise and to be honest I am TERRIFIED.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a single man and usually take a cruise every month for one to two weeks. My next one is Oasis feb 8. How about you?

Panama Jim

Hi!

That sounds pretty cool!

I take two to three cruises every year....whenever I can take some days off...

Oasis? - I loooooved the Allure! I guess you will have a great time.

Have you been on the Oasis before?

• 1 month later...
To all the single male cruisers out there:

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

If it's you that I mean - just say hi!;)

Hi Melli

Yes I am a 47 year old cruisaholic, and mostly do rccl, but have done a lot of other brands over the years also.

Would love to chat and get to know you shooting the breeze over cruising

Take care

Greg

Hi Melli

Yes I am a 47 year old cruisaholic, and mostly do rccl, but have done a lot of other brands over the years also.

Would love to chat and get to know you shooting the breeze over cruising

Take care

Greg

Hey Greg,

great to hear from you! I also think RCCl is doing an awsome job - I would love to go on the Quantum in 2015 but let's see...my favorite ship is the Allure so far...what's your favorite destination, Greg?

Have a great day!

I'm fairly new to cruising, but instantly hooked! Like others here, my sons are grown and I'm on my own, which makes cruising a bit of a challenge. I'm learning that sometimes a cruise line will offer solo cruiser rates, but for the most part, paying double is standard for single cruisers. That doesn't appeal to me, but most of my friends and family can't get away or afford to cruise (or so they think). I've been bargain hunting in the hope of luring my sister onto a ship. She gave in and we're going on the Carnival Fantasy (I did say cheap) this Sept.

I might try cruisemates at some point, but that takes a certain leap of faith, right? Happy cruising to all ;)

Hey Greg,

great to hear from you! I also think RCCl is doing an awsome job - I would love to go on the Quantum in 2015 but let's see...my favorite ship is the Allure so far...what's your favorite destination, Greg?

Have a great day!

Hi melli

Have not done any if the big ships yet, but am planning on coming over the end of the year and doing most of them

Am on quantum for the inaugural ta

Favorite cruise destination would be New Zealand for a whole cruise, and individual ports would be Dubrovnik

And Venice

Nicest to sail in and out of

Sydney, Hobart, Stockholm and then Venice

What about you, what ports and destinations grab you, and where are you based?

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Hi melli

Have not done any if the big ships yet, but am planning on coming over the end of the year and doing most of them

Am on quantum for the inaugural ta

Favorite cruise destination would be New Zealand for a whole cruise, and individual ports would be Dubrovnik

And Venice

Nicest to sail in and out of

Sydney, Hobart, Stockholm and then Venice

What about you, what ports and destinations grab you, and where are you based?

Greg:)

Hi Greg,

sorry,

my reply took some time as I've just come back from a cruise on the NCL Jade...I saw Italy, Spain and France and what's even better I've just become a platinum member during the cruise which is the highest level of NCl latitudes membership:D:)...they gave me some nice and cute goodies during that cruise already...

Great you like Venice - never been there but must be great - I've cruised out of Stockholm though and also loved it....the Anthem must be awesome - amazing that you will really be on the inaugural cruise:)congrats!

I guess my favorite destination is Alaska and I will be on my first Alaska cruise in summer - can't wait. I also love parts of the Carribbean like Barbados, Antigua etc.....and I also would like to go on a New England cruise some day...but I guess concerning cruising there's nothing which isn't interesting to me.

Where does your next cruise go to?

Great talking to you!

Melli

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Greg,

sorry,

my reply took some time as I've just come back from a cruise on the NCL Jade...I saw Italy, Spain and France and what's even better I've just become a platinum member during the cruise which is the highest level of NCl latitudes membership:D:)...they gave me some nice and cute goodies during that cruise already...

Great you like Venice - never been there but must be great - I've cruised out of Stockholm though and also loved it....the Anthem must be awesome - amazing that you will really be on the inaugural cruise:)congrats!

I guess my favorite destination is Alaska and I will be on my first Alaska cruise in summer - can't wait. I also love parts of the Carribbean like Barbados, Antigua etc.....and I also would like to go on a New England cruise some day...but I guess concerning cruising there's nothing which isn't interesting to me.

Where does your next cruise go to?

Great talking to you!

Melli

Hey melli

Congrats on your platinum status

I just arrived a few days ago in Hawaii off rhapsody of the seas and heading home tomorrow night

Frequent cruiser programmed can be pretty good

Only done a few ncl cruises and not part of their programme

Only members if Cunard princess p&o aus plus uk

Celebrity and if course my main line royal

So where are you based?

I am aus just a few hours south of Sydney

Nice talking

Hope to hear more soon

Greg :)

Hey melli

I just arrived a few days ago in Hawaii off rhapsody of the seas and heading home tomorrow night

So where are you based?

Nice talking

Hope to hear more soon

Hey melli

So where are you based?

Nice talking

Hope to hear more soon

Hi Greg!

Great to hear from you! A cruise to Hawaii? - Sounds pretty cool! Guess it must have been awesome?! What did you enjoy most?

Yesterday I booked a New England cruise on the Liberty of the Seas for August 2015 - this August I'll be in Alaska on the NCL Sun. Rccl is also my favorite cruise line - but I guess I would check out any kind of cruise line just because I love cruising and the different itineraries....;) RCCL in my opinion has awesome ships though - I looooove the Allure!

So you are from Australia? - It's great to be able to talk to a person that is sooo far away - I'm based in the South of Germany - Bavaria actually - where the Ocktoberfest and things like these are ....:) On my last cruise to Italy and Spain I met a lot of Australians and people from over 50 different countries were on board - that's what I also like about cruising.

When is your next cruise, Greg?

Have a great day

Melli:)

Hey melli

Just back in aus

Tired and now needing to get over it

Hawaii was pretty cool and found the people and the live local music the best highlight actually

Been there before and love it

Next cruise is meant to be the return leg fro Hawaii but don't think I will as most likely heading to scotland then to catch up with a friend and my daughter whilst on her holiday

I live travel and want to do more through Germany as only been to a few places

You travel a lot also by the sounds of things

So do you get alit if holidays or are they all just used in cruising

I also cruise Cunard and princess a bit

Take care and have a great day

Greg

Hey melli

Just back in aus

Tired and now needing to get over it

Hawaii was pretty cool and found the people and the live local music the best highlight actually

Been there before and love it

Next cruise is meant to be the return leg fro Hawaii but don't think I will as most likely heading to scotland then to catch up with a friend and my daughter whilst on her holiday

I live travel and want to do more through Germany as only been to a few places

You travel a lot also by the sounds of things

So do you get alit if holidays or are they all just used in cruising

I also cruise Cunard and princess a bit

Take care and have a great day

Greg

Hawaii sounds really cool indeed! - I have never been there but a friend also told me that the music there is really good. I also love Scotland - been there about three times as it's just two hours away by plane - beautiful country - love the green hills there!

How old is your daughter? I don't have a child but a Labrador dog and he's actually almost like a child:)

I also love travel and I do it a lot as I have 12 weeks of vacation per year! I mostly go on cruises but also like city trips etc. or just a relaxing vacation at home or in Florida for example. What about you? You seem to travel a lot also - do you get a lot of holidays?

Have a great day!

Melli

I was on NCL once, the Pearl, I had a blast but i found the service and the food to be lacking. I felt it was better on Carnival. My friends had the same issue. I mean the pub crawl was awesome...and had some "interesting" fun that night. But it didnt seem to have the same nightlife as Carnival. Everyone seemed to go to bed early except for the night of the White Hot Party. When I cruise Carnival, there is usually a whole crowd of late night drinkers. Also i felt like the nickel and dime you for everything.

I know everyone has their own preferences. Just giving my opinion. I would like to try RC at some point.

You should try Carnival...its fun!

Which Carnival ship do you like most?Any recommendations?

My first cruise as a single was in January 2014 on the Carnival Splendor. With me were my 18 year old daughter and her friend and both of them had a blast - without me. LOL. In spite of the lousy weather (it rained every day and I never got into a pool) we all had fun. I enjoyed the Carnival Ecstasy in October 1997 and the Carnival Imagination in November 2000 but those cruises were with my family. I must say the Splendor was a bit worse for wear but still a party ship, which is what Carnival is known for. The food and service were excellent and our cabin was a good size for the three of us to share. The window caulking was coming apart so I reported it and the bathroom shower caused a flood the first night so that had to be repaired, but otherwise it was truly a terrific cruise. I'm hoping to go to Bermua in September 2014. I was booked on the Norwegian Breakaway from Manhattan to Bermuda through a reunion but it's been cancelled due to not enough cruise registrations and I realized I can't afford the nearly $1000 passage anyway. I'm probably going to book the Royal Caribbean Explorer Of The Seas from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda and still investigating reviews and info about the ship. It will be my 2nd cruise as a solo but my daughter and her friend want to join me again, as does a friend who's only other cruise was a one night out of NYC that I talked her and another friend into in 2007 but I ended up not going because my brother was dying of cancer. She's excited about going to Bermuda - we all are. Any of you familiar with the RCCL Explorer of the Seas or Bermuda?

My first cruise as a single was in January 2014 on the Carnival Splendor. With me were my 18 year old daughter and her friend and both of them had a blast - without me. LOL. In spite of the lousy weather (it rained every day and I never got into a pool) we all had fun. I enjoyed the Carnival Ecstasy in October 1997 and the Carnival Imagination in November 2000 but those cruises were with my family. I must say the Splendor was a bit worse for wear but still a party ship, which is what Carnival is known for. The food and service were excellent and our cabin was a good size for the three of us to share. The window caulking was coming apart so I reported it and the bathroom shower caused a flood the first night so that had to be repaired, but otherwise it was truly a terrific cruise. I'm hoping to go to Bermua in September 2014. I was booked on the Norwegian Breakaway from Manhattan to Bermuda through a reunion but it's been cancelled due to not enough cruise registrations and I realized I can't afford the nearly $1000 passage anyway. I'm probably going to book the Royal Caribbean Explorer Of The Seas from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda and still investigating reviews and info about the ship. It will be my 2nd cruise as a solo but my daughter and her friend want to join me again, as does a friend who's only other cruise was a one night out of NYC that I talked her and another friend into in 2007 but I ended up not going because my brother was dying of cancer. She's excited about going to Bermuda - we all are. Any of you familiar with the RCCL Explorer of the Seas or Bermuda?

Hello!

I have been on the Voyager of the Seas which is sister ship of the Explorer! I love the Voyager Class as for me they are the right size - just right between the Allure and the Liberty size ....I really enjoyed the food and the shopping promenade on the Voyager. If you have any special questions - just ask!

Have a great day!

• 1 month later...

Anyone out there?

Now where are all the charming guys who always just read this thread and never answer.....?:)

Come on! No Prince Charming out there?!?;)

Just write something nice - that can't be too difficult!?

I'm desperately waiting.....

Hi Mellow! I booked the RCCL Explorer Of The Seas for September 6, 2014 but I wad too late for a "normal" exterior cabin for three after my daughter and her friend decided not to go. So I grabbed a family cabin and three of us are searching for numbers 4 & 5 to share it at a phenomenal rate!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hello Melli!! How are you?? I am actually booking my first cruise with NCL in feb. First cruise and I decided to do a singles type of cruise.

Sounds good ! Love NCL!

Which ship will you be on?