Bit of a Blog – Adventure of the Seas – Westbound Transatlantic – 4th November 2013

Current internet rates..... any contributions gratefully accepted

WP_000526.jpg

Pimm's!!

WP_000528.jpg

How they can tell a room has been cleared for Muster / emergencies.....

WP_000529.jpg

Can still manage a halfway decent sunset....

IMG_2437.jpg

How little she looks beside us.....

IMG_2439.jpg

And QM2

IMG_2442.jpg

Trying a different bed configuration this time :

IMG_2447.jpg

Food related stuff ;)

Not GF.... I always regret it but it has to be done.....

WP_000520.jpg

Tonight's menu :

IMG_2448.jpg

Can you see what's on the menu?!

Yes indeedy.... not GF but I took one for the team....

IMG_2453.jpg

GF Rillettes :

IMG_2458.jpg

Bon Voyage!

I was on the Transatlantic which brought Adventure over to England, and had a wonderful cruise. I'm hoping to bring her over again in the spring, if I can manage the vacation time!

We were lucky--didn't sail through the Bay of Biscay. In fact, we had smooth sailing almost the entire 14 days. I do hope it clears up for you!

Have a wonderful trip, and I look forward to seeing your reports and pictures. In part, your previous reports convinced me to try Royal Caribbean after 16 Disney cruises!

Beth

I could never cheat on my gluten free diet, I'd be deathly ill for 2 weeks or more, but then I'm celiac not gluten intolerant.

Linda, Good news - The escargot is gluten free! It's served with a bread stick, when they remove it... it's GF! :D

Thanks for sharing the goods! That pasta dish looks deeeelisss!

Edited by cruizefam

IMG_2462.jpg

The morning show.... spot the monkey!!!

IMG_2463.jpg

These are everywhere :

IMG_2464.jpg

My door..... thanks Patty!!

IMG_2468.jpg

The M&M had a fun game to get us to mingle.... the person who got a full house won.... only if they could identify who had actually met each question....

IMG_2471.jpg

The winner!!

IMG_2472.jpg

What I looked like after half an hour of line dancing.... am wearing my RCCL UK Facebook Fan of the Week T-shirt

IMG_2477.jpg

My first Mudslide :

IMG_2479.jpg

Me in my Tux....

IMG_2491.jpg

Why I really shouldn't get a total stranger to take a photo... sorry about the blur

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

Can't get back on with laptop. Huw, I know you're following. Any suggestions. . .though how I'll ever get to see your reply I don't know! Tuesday food pics will have to wait. Using WiFi on phone. Xoxoxo

I'm sure if I'm wrong I will get flamed and told to walk the plank by everyone subscribed !! :eek: :p and I can be wrong but I think I read somewhere only " ONE " device can be used not saying you cant use phone and laptop just that the Wi-Fi may see phone IP address and wont let you connect with laptop. I'm not a IT guru so I couldn't tell you how to fix lol I just remember reading that and it's working for your phone I think !

Loving the pics! They are getting me even more excited for my upcoming cruise, thanks Linda! Keep trying - don't give up yet! Looks like you're having a great time!

I'm sure if I'm wrong I will get flamed and told to walk the plank by everyone subscribed !! :eek: :p and I can be wrong but I think I read somewhere only " ONE " device can be used not saying you cant use phone and laptop just that the Wi-Fi may see phone IP address and wont let you connect with laptop. I'm not a IT guru so I couldn't tell you how to fix lol I just remember reading that and it's working for your phone I think !

I think you are correct!

Edited by cruizefam

Linda if you run into Anthony Navarro from the phillipines in the dining room or the Windjammer please tell him hello from us and we will see him soon!!!! awesome young man who usually is in the section near the captains table...we have been at table 318 the past two years on our b2b's with him....

Can't get back on with laptop. Huw, I know you're following. Any suggestions. . .though how I'll ever get to see your reply I don't know! Tuesday food pics will have to wait. Using WiFi on phone. Xoxoxo

Darn pesky wifi. May need to try to clear all your "cookies" on your laptop. Turn off and on your wifi. And then make sure that your "wifi" has been logged out on your phone and try again.

Report is looking great along with your commentary and pictures! Sounding like lots of fun adventures at sea. Glad the food so far has seemed to agree with you. Hope the few non GF food you ate wasn't to rough on you!

Wine is ok....... still on first bottle.... land ahoy!!

From yesterday :

2 shout outs and a wave from the monkey wearing the pink boa this morning on Drew’s show. I think I’ve probably used up all the shout outs now. Was up, not quite as early, and in the gym for a walk out…. The spa pool in there is in use today.

Breakfast…. Soooo slow this morning in the MDR….. the number of times I had to request GF toast was painful. I just about make my 10am apt with the Loyalty Ambassador. I am now Diamond 

The postponed room crawl follows this on but I whilst I hang out before they start I don’t accompany them. Instead I head for an Indian cooking demonstration and lunch in Portofino for $10. It’s packed….. what a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours…. Chef Ajay was excellent and we dined extremely well… there were a couple of items that weren’t suitable for me but I definitely didn’t go hungry as the pictures will demonstrate (hopefully I will have been able to start posting pics by the time you read this!)

Whilst we are in Portofino the Captain comes on over the air for his lunchtime info spiel. Today it is prefaced by the theme from The Lion King.

After lunch I win a key ring in the coupon slot pull. Sigh. I then head for a salsa class. More women than men. I have to dance with a lady….. who wants to lead…. Just praying this isn’t in the ‘Cruise in Review’ DVD.

Tonight was the C&A Welcome Aboard meet. Something like 1700 members on board I believe…. They are holding 2 of these meetings tonight…. No Pinnacle members at this one but there 13 / 14 of them on board. I have no will power around gluten…. Big mistake. Huge. I really need someone to restrain me. Did I not say this a couple of days ago?

Currently there is a jamboree of music playing around me….. there’s a trivia quiz in the Schooner (I know all the answers) and I think it’s Rosario Strings somewhere up there too….. my head is a jumble of sweet music interspersed with the raucous cacophony of people singing the answers to the quiz… ‘I got sunshine…….. on a cloudy day……. When it’s cold outside….. I got the month of May……’

Funchal, Madeira tomorrow….. will be able to use my mobile ashore should I want to….. the plan is to walk in to town (RCCL have a paid for shuttle which I will avoid I think)….. head for the cable car and head on up the mountain….. am NOT taking the basket rid down…. No way….. will wander around then bus back down. That’s the plan any way. Going with a friend from the roll call.

Soooo frustrated with net access this trip….. managed to upload some pics and post them then kicked off again….. Piano Bar man has just started up…. ‘I’ve got you…….. under my skin……’

PS..... I AM using one device at a time.... seems like everyone who wants to get online is complaining and am doing the Network stuff etc etc.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Kicked off laptop again. Sat on deck 1

From my mobile so apologies for predictive text

deck 11. Not 1. Tapatalk hell there back to IE on phone.... European waters. Julio gave me some C&A stats.

Gold 591

Plat 407

Emer 196

D 351

D+ 187

Pinnacle 13

Will ask about savory bites tonight. Someone has told me about asking for cappuccino for breakfast in D area... What else do I need to know ?

deck 11. Not 1. Tapatalk hell there back to IE on phone.... European waters. Julio gave me some C&A stats.

Gold 591

Plat 407

Emer 196

D 351

D+ 187

Pinnacle 13

Will ask about savory bites tonight. Someone has told me about asking for cappuccino for breakfast in D area... What else do I need to know ?

Yes, cappuccino is free in the D area for breakfast. When we were on the Explorer, the server gave it to me free for breakfast even in the MDR - I asked her and she said "sure....just let me see your card". Don't know if they'd do this on all ships but you could ask.

Patty