rotterdam - the retreat

Lovely other

The retreat on ms Rotterdam is just a kneedeep pool with some chairs in it. It used to be a nice outdoor pool, but unfortunately no more.

Absolutely nothing special.

The retreat on ms Rotterdam is just a kneedeep pool with some chairs in it. It used to be a nice outdoor pool, but unfortunately no more.

Absolutely nothing special.

I am guessing you are very short if you describe that pool "knee deep". :cool: More like shin-deep. But even calling it a "pool" versus a "water feature" might still be misleading.

The "retreat" on this ship indeed was an odd concept and most passengers did not know what to do with it on our last long Rotterdam trip, but towards the end a few did use the ceramic tile loungers to sit in the sun with their little tables after getting their shins wet traversing the "water feature" to get to them. Maybe best described as installation art?

But there were plenty of regular loungers, tables and chairs, so this outdoor deck area outside the Lido still has a lot of appeal for aft-ship enjoyment. We did love the art scattered around this ship on all levels - lots of color and cheer and in-depth detail to enjoy every time we passed it by.

Edited by OlsSalt

The Retreat area on the Rotterdam was set up as an area for teens only. It was supposed to be an "adult-free" zone. I suppose if there are no teens on the cruise adults could go there, but....

Could have fooled me. A toddler splash pool maybe? Yes, HAL has such strong demographic in both those groups, so I am see the reasons to accommodate them :cool: :rolleyes:

The Retreat area on the Rotterdam was set up as an area for teens only. It was supposed to be an "adult-free" zone. I suppose if there are no teens on the cruise adults could go there, but....

Ruth, I think you are you confusing the loft and the Oasis with the Retreat?

The name retreat on ms Rotterdam is given to the old aft pool area.

Yes a nice place to sit out in the sun, but it has nothing to do with the retreat area like on ms Eurodam.

Ruth, I think you are you confusing the loft and the Oasis with the Retreat?

You're right. :o Thanks for the correction. That's exactly what I was doing. I was picturing the Oasis when the word "Retreat" was used.

Those "senior moments" are here. :eek:

You're right. :o Thanks for the correction. That's exactly what I was doing. I was picturing the Oasis when the word "Retreat" was used.

Those "senior moments" are here. :eek:

I know what you mean.......

You must have missed your coffee this morning because you're thinking of the Oasis...above Club Hal...the Retreat aboard the ROTTERDAM is that hideous setup behind the after end of the Lido

You must have missed your coffee this morning because you're thinking of the Oasis...above Club Hal...the Retreat aboard the ROTTERDAM is that hideous setup behind the after end of the Lido

You must have missed reading the thread before you posted, as that territory was trod yesterday.