Passport Stamps

hannahsmomtoo

In Grand Cayman you can go to the office that is just on the other side of the gate as you leave tender area. Turn to right, go up a few steps and you'll see a door. Go in there and they will stamp it.

In Roatan there is a booth in the area on the way to where the cabs are. It's on the right, first booth.

Costa Maya had a little office set up in the village right at port.

In Grand Cayman you can go to the office that is just on the other side of the gate as you leave tender area. Turn to right, go up a few steps and you'll see a door. Go in there and they will stamp it.

In Roatan there is a booth in the area on the way to where the cabs are. It's on the right, first booth.

Costa Maya had a little office set up in the village right at port.

You are precisely right about Grand Cayman...

Thank you for the extra info about Roatan - that helps alot...

and our 3rd port is Cozumel... is that the same as Costa Maya? We had no luck finding a stamp in Cozumel last month

Why do you want to fill up the pages with useless stamps. I have a bunch of stamps from flying in/out and sometimes the immigration people get irritated when they have to search for an empty page/space for the stamp.

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

Why do you want to fill up the pages with useless stamps. I have a bunch of stamps from flying in/out and sometimes the immigration people get irritated when they have to search for an empty page/space for the stamp.

they are not useless stamps if people like having them for memories. And if the immigration people get irritated for simply doing their jobs, so be it. They can find another job if it bothers them that much.

Why do you care if it is something my family enjoys? The original question was not "please tell me your opinion of passport stamps."

.I still say they are useless, I don't pull my passport out the drawer and look at the stamps of places I went years ago and remember the trip...I look at the pictures I took or the nick nacks I bought.

And as someone who has and does travel internationally...there are two groups of people you really don't want to tick off....customs and immigration. They can make your life he&& and I want to make entry and exit into their country as easy as possible. Having them search for a place to stamp my passport is just one hassle I want to avoid.

You are precisely right about Grand Cayman...

Thank you for the extra info about Roatan - that helps alot...

and our 3rd port is Cozumel... is that the same as Costa Maya? We had no luck finding a stamp in Cozumel last month

No, Cozumel and Costa Maya are different ports. I haven't gotten a stamp in Cozumel.

When in Coz you can go downtown or a post office across the street from where we dock. Check the Coz board for more information.

Good luck

Thanks... In Cozumel you have to walk thru the giant shopping mall thing to get to the cabs.. ( we usually hop in a cab straight to Nachi )

Where is the post office?