If you have ordered from GIFTS AND GEAR ONLINE - READ!!!

Just don't forget to check!!! :)

[/b][/color]

Thanks for the thread. We checked, ordered back in Sept. And our cc has yet to be charged. We will wait for the 30 day mark and then call.

What I am afraid of is all of a sudden rci will discover these orders and there will be a mass charge to cc's resulting in double charges for these things

When we ordered we got both confirm emails'

We also went back and looked for our last cruise, we ordered the same thing, and our cc was charged the next day after the order was done online.

Gotta love rci's IT:rolleyes: I think most will not find out till after boarding

Edited by setsail

I ordered on line Sept. 13th for 3 different cruises. Got confirmations for all three. My cc was charged the same day (Sept. 13). Just called and they have all 3 orders. The lady was most efficient in checking. The cruises were in Nov., Apr, & Sept. So, that 30 days out does not seem to have applied here. Thanks for the heads up. Would not have known to check if not for this post and would have been disappointed if the gifts had not arrived. :)

Am I the only one that ordered something from G&G online and had it delivered on time? It wasn't for embarkation day, which may have made a difference.

Actually, now that I think about it, they did screw up the order. I ordered 4 chocolate covered strawberries but the plate had 6 :-).

Edited by ahecht

Well, I shot off an email to the "higher ups" regarding this and received an email last night from the executive offices. I am quite certain they are looking into it. It wasn't a complaint, I just wanted them to be aware. I know that in large corporations, it's common for senior management to have no idea that there is an issue below.

I was talking about this with a friend last night and he told me about an issue Walmart (Canada) had with their photo lab online sales. They had outsourced their online order system and it frequently got overloaded during busy times which resulted in dropped orders. He said that customers would receive confirmation emails with confirmation numbers but their was no record of the orders in the system. Maybe the same type of thing is happening with RCI Gifts and Gear.

It makes me sick to think of all the lost revenue...not to mention the upset customers. I feel so bad for those that will be disappointed. How about the people that sent gifts to others and never know the item was not delivered? Not only will they possibly think the recipient is rude in not thanking them, the recipient will not know that someone was kind enough to think of them. I would be horrified if something like this was happening in my own company.

I'm just glad I figured this out before I boarded, otherwise I would have a horrible first impression of RCI.

Well, I shot off an email to the "higher ups" regarding this and received an email last night from the executive offices. I am quite certain they are looking into it. It wasn't a complaint, I just wanted them to be aware. I know that in large corporations, it's common for senior management to have no idea that there is an issue below.

I was talking about this with a friend last night and he told me about an issue Walmart (Canada) had with their photo lab online sales. They had outsourced their online order system and it frequently got overloaded during busy times which resulted in dropped orders. He said that customers would receive confirmation emails with confirmation numbers but their was no record of the orders in the system. Maybe the same type of thing is happening with RCI Gifts and Gear.

It makes me sick to think of all the lost revenue...not to mention the upset customers. I feel so bad for those that will be disappointed. How about the people that sent gifts to others and never know the item was not delivered? Not only will they possibly think the recipient is rude in not thanking them, the recipient will not know that someone was kind enough to think of them. I would be horrified if something like this was happening in my own company.

I'm just glad I figured this out before I boarded, otherwise I would have a horrible first impression of RCI.

Thanks Sarah, keep us posted on anything else you may hear?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had placed a Bon Voyage Decoration order for my husbands sister & our daughters cabin and after reading reports here on CC regarding orders not received, called to verify our order and sure enough, nothing so replaced the order and got a Confirmation letter. I also informed the agent that several on CC are reporting orders not getting picked up which prompted me to check ours. I checked both credit cards to verfiy any charges and nothing.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We called today. The online ordering system is broken and has been for quite a while. They know, but that's all they will say

The only way to order is to call the # in post 1.

We reordered our stuff and they sent out a confirm email while on the phone.

Edited by setsail

I checked my account for the grand romance payment and it hadn't come out so I tried to ring (the Aussie number).......apparently they are experiencing a high volume of calls, couldn't place me in a queue so I have to ring back later.

Thank you so much to the OP for posting this. I had the confirmation email so really hadn't thought about checking!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to give everyone a follow-up with my experience, since I posted earlier in the thread about my July online order being "lost".

When I called Gifts and Gear, even though they couldn't find my online order, they advised I wait until 30 days out to ensure I wouldn't be double charged by placing a new order via telephone.

Well from reading the posts here, I knew that wouldn't be the case since anyone who had success with ordering online had their payment taken immediately. There was no record in my bank acct of that exact payment ever being made once I checked more closely. I just assumed because I had ordered so many excursions, etc at the same time and saw all of the RCCL charges. Now I know to check thoroughly anytime I place any type of order/excursion/deposit, etc.

I called at the 27 day mark and RE-ORDERED. Once I did so via telephone, I received a receipt (completely different than the confirmation I received in July) via email and when I checked my bank acct, the payment had been made immediately.

I just wanted to warn anyone who ordered their Gifts/Gear online. BE SURE payment was taken from your bank acct or charged via credit card and call RCCL to ensure they have a record of your order with your reservation. I received the confirmation via email of my order back in July saying everything was fine and they would only notify me if there was a problem. Apparently, it was not fine because they had no record of any order.

I would have been so upset and disappointed to start out my cruise without the numerous items I ordered for our suite for our sailaway. I'd hate to see that happen to anyone else!!!

Our flight leaves 3 wks from Saturday and we are SO EXCITED to be sailing on the Allure!!!

RCCL just called me back and this is what I have been told:

They don't process online orders until 30 days before sailing. They told me to check my bank acct for the charge and if it doesn't show up by 25 days out to call them back and reorder over the phone.

I will be watching closely as I want what I have ordered and will call them if my bank acct hasn't been charged so I can reorder.

I would rather they just fix their online site or force people to order over the phone so you don't have to go through all of this. Thank goodness someone posted this problem on this thread or I wouldn't have had a clue and would have been so disappointed if my items hadn't been waiting for us when be boarded.

RCCL is a huge company. After all of these years and with all of their online problems, you would think they could find a reliable company to ensure their website works properly. I guess that's asking too much from such a big corporation....UGH. :(

To add to the history of multiple calls getting multiple answers...

I called yesterday (Wednesday) when I noticed that my order from Monday had not been processed. They told me that all orders are processed within 5 days of placing the order online, and that I should call back on next Monday to confirm.