If you have ordered from GIFTS AND GEAR ONLINE - READ!!!

CALL RCI Gifts and Gear at (800) 722-5443 to confirm your order was processed.

It appears many orders seem to be getting dropped from their system. I placed two orders...each a month apart (one in Sept and one last week). The first order I placed I rec'd a confirmation number and a "Thank you for your order" email. The second just a "Thank you for your order email". Since I didn't have an actual confirmation number, I decided to call to confirm. They had NO record of EITHER order nor had they been charged.

After finding this out, I posted on our RC and another cruiser called and ALL her Gifts and Gear online orders were non existent as well. Then I noticed someone else mentioning it in another post.

So PLEASE, do yourself a favor and call to confirm any ONLINE Gifts and Gear orders otherwise you may be disappointed on board. If it's not in the system, you can just reorder on the phone.

Hoping this helps someone :)

Too bad they can't fix this. This exact type of post comes up every once in a while. I ONLY place my orders over the phone - because of these types of posts.

So far, they have delivered 2 for 2 with my called in orders.

I actually book a cruise the same way - talking to a live RCI person.

I didn't know you even COULD call in your order. Coincidentally, I just placed an order TODAY. Too late to call it back. I sent by mail. The only options available seemed to be MAIL or FAX, using the downloaded order form from the website. It's crazy you can't do this on line!! Who does orders on a form you fill out BY HAND and then FAX or MAIL IN?? How antiquated!

I'll check on mine after it's had time to get there and be processed. I just mailed it today. Thanks for the heads-up!

I didn't know you even COULD call in your order. Coincidentally, I just placed an order TODAY. Too late to call it back. I sent by mail. The only options available seemed to be MAIL or FAX, using the downloaded order form from the website. It's crazy you can't do this on line!! Who does orders on a form you fill out BY HAND and then FAX or MAIL IN?? How antiquated!

I'll check on mine after it's had time to get there and be processed. I just mailed it today. Thanks for the heads-up!

Oh, you can order online....it just doesn't seem to be working well. You think you have ordered but it's not processed.

And sorry if this is a repeater - I hadn't seen any other threads regarding it so just wanted to help :cool:

I've always ordered from Gifts and Gear online and never had any issues....until today. I ordered 4 items, 2 for my cabin and 2 as a gift for someone else in another cabin. I had printed summary's of my order as well as confirmation emails from RCI. After reading on my roll call this morning that there were issues with Gifts and Gear online, I decided to call and check..... just in case...... guess what???? NO record of any of my orders. I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various RCI people today to try and figure out what happened.

I had to order everything again, and when my email confirmation arrived, it contained information on gifts that were being sent to me as a surprise by someone else!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how angry I was to see this. Not good RCI, not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had similar problems a few weeks back, received an immediate generic email saying my order had been received, but a week went by and my credit card had not been charged, so I called and was told there was no record of my order at all.

Mike

Happened to me too. I ordered cabin decorations for my son's honeymoon and after a month of not being charged on my cc I called and they had no record of the order...I had gotten an email saying my order was received. This was back in June...you'd think they would fix this already. :rolleyes::eek:

THANK YOU for posting this.

I placed my order online back in July and thankfully, I printed the order AND the email confirmation. We sail next month.

When I saw your post, I called to confirm my order so I would feel better. They have no record of my order, whatsoever. They are now looking into it and are supposed to call me back tomorrow to find out what happened, where the order is and whether I need to replace my order.

If anyone placed their order online, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND calling Gifts and Gear to confirm your purchase. We would have been so disappointed if we had shown up next month and not found our flowers, food and sparkling wine waiting in our suite when we walked in. It also goes to show you SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE COPIES OF ALL OF YOUR ORDERS and any email confirmations.

I will let everyone know what they tell me when Gifts and Gear calls back tomorrow.

Thanks again to the OP for bringing up this topic or everyone in my party might have been awfully disappointed next month and it would not have been a great way to start our cruise/vacation!!!!

I too had placed an order on-line and never saw a record of the sale on my credit card---I did it twice, then I finally calked in the same order, and it appeared on my credit crd, so Hopefully I am safe. I too, had received confirmation emails of my order placed on-line, but they never showed up on my order history.

Oh, you can order online....it just doesn't seem to be working well. You think you have ordered but it's not processed.

And sorry if this is a repeater - I hadn't seen any other threads regarding it so just wanted to help :cool:

Oh, I'm not giving you a hard time for posting this when it has been posted in the past. This stuff NEEDS to be posted regularly. I just cannot believe that their online system is so unreliable. Look at all the people who called in because of your post - think of how many are clueless, and will be expecting their order to be in the cabin.

I've always called... something about the online site doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies and despite the fact that I'm an online type of person for just about everything else in life, I feel better talking to a human to make my orders for RCL.

I used to always order wine for our cabin (before the wine policy changed) and on the last cruise I had ordered champagne, strawberries, and cupcakes for my sister's family and champagne/strawberries for my dad/his wife. That was in November last year. I haven't had any issues online.

Final payment was today for our January Allure E. Caribbean cruise (crossing my fingers there) and I was planning on ordering the welcome aboard stuff in the next few days. thanks for posting because I have never "double" checked after receiving my confirmation emails. I wouldn't notice if it didn't show up on my bank statement (I would only notice if it did and it shouldn't).

I'll make sure to call the order in instead of ordering online. I'm starting to get really frustrated with some of the things going on with this cruise. (No balcony smoking, limited indoor smoking, unable to combine stockholder credit with balcony discount--not new, but new enough--Potential reduced port times, cancelled excursion--from the other cancellations, not the reduced port time-- and now just being able to book online something that shows available to do). I feel like a Debbie Downer on the cruise line the last few months and I hate that. Hopefully the cruise will cure all my hesitations and everything will be wonderful as it normally is!

Thanks! I had ordered champagne and roses for our next cruise. On your suggestion, I called to verify the orders. They had the order for the roses but did not have an order for the champagne. I re-ordered the champagne and asked for copies of the invoices to be emailed to me. I will take copies of the invoices with me on the cruise so that I have something to show guest services if my orders do not show up.

Thank you for posting this. I just called for an order I placed in Oct for a birthday surprise on my Dec cruise and they did not have any record of it. Oh, I am so glad I called. I had to reorder it and they stayed on the line with me until I got the confirmation and bill payment confirmation in my email.

Thanks again!!

Another "thank you" for posting this - just called RCI and no record of two orders I had placed online for the last couple of months. Fortunately, the person I spoke with was nice and reordered everything with me over the phone.

Funny - this is the first time that I've ever had a problem in all my cruises with RCI. Hopefully they fix it soon!

We also have had trouble with online ordering and did not print out the emails, etc.

Murphys Law struck us....we didnt bring printouts of the online orders and guess what happened?

We have had good experiences in the last year but we now print out everything to bring with us.

RCCL just called me back and this is what I have been told:

They don't process online orders until 30 days before sailing. They told me to check my bank acct for the charge and if it doesn't show up by 25 days out to call them back and reorder over the phone.

I will be watching closely as I want what I have ordered and will call them if my bank acct hasn't been charged so I can reorder.

I would rather they just fix their online site or force people to order over the phone so you don't have to go through all of this. Thank goodness someone posted this problem on this thread or I wouldn't have had a clue and would have been so disappointed if my items hadn't been waiting for us when be boarded.

RCCL is a huge company. After all of these years and with all of their online problems, you would think they could find a reliable company to ensure their website works properly. I guess that's asking too much from such a big corporation....UGH. :(

RCCL just called me back and this is what I have been told:

They don't process online orders until 30 days before sailing. They told me to check my bank acct for the charge and if it doesn't show up by 25 days out to call them back and reorder over the phone.

I will be watching closely as I want what I have ordered and will call them if my bank acct hasn't been charged so I can reorder.

I would rather they just fix their online site or force people to order over the phone so you don't have to go through all of this. Thank goodness someone posted this problem on this thread or I wouldn't have had a clue and would have been so disappointed if my items hadn't been waiting for us when be boarded.

RCCL is a huge company. After all of these years and with all of their online problems, you would think they could find a reliable company to ensure their website works properly. I guess that's asking too much from such a big corporation....UGH. :(

Just don't forget to check!!! :)

Well....I'm sailing next Thursday the 14th and I called on November 4th (10 Days prior to sailing) and they had no record of either of my two online orders. Robyn (ckrobyn) is on the same cruise and called the next day (9 days out) after I posted on our RC and found the same issue.

They should deactivate online ordering until they fix the problem.

Just don't forget to check!!! :)

Well....I'm sailing next Thursday the 14th and I called on November 4th (10 Days prior to sailing) and they had no record of either of my two online orders. Robyn (ckrobyn) is on the same cruise and called the next day (9 days out) after I posted on our RC and found the same issue.

They should deactivate online ordering until they fix the problem.

Oh believe me, I will be checking every day right around the 30 day point and will call them to reorder if my bank acct isn't charged. I want what I ordered!!!

I can't thank you enough for posting this thread. If you hadn't done so, I never would have known and our items wouldn't have been waiting for us. I would have been so upset and it would have been a horrible way to start our cruise/vacation.

I feel so badly for all of the people who aren't members of CC and don't know of this problem. They will be so excited when they board their ship only to be disappointed when the items they ordered aren't waiting for them.

And I agree. Since RCCL obviously knows their online ordering is not working, they should delete access to it and it should be listed on the website that people can only order via PHONE!! Shame on RCCL for not doing so long ago!

THANK YOU again so much!!!

Has anyone placed an online Gifts and Gear order and not received it onboard? Online Gifts and Gear orders are managed by such a few staff members and are processed not in order received but on which sailings are coming up first. Placing an order over the phone will instantly get your order on an invoice and ready for the ship to order. Placing the order online gets received but may not be processed until very close to sailing. Calling to confirm an online order is very tough because unless a staff member has entered the order in it will not appear and as I mentioned they sometimes do not get processed until very close to sailing. If someone placed and order and was charged for that order or even was not charged for the order I do recommend reporting it to the RCI Gifts and Gear line. My advise in the end is to call the Gifts and Gear number to place orders.

I rang the UK office and asked them to check my online order had gone through and was told that it was the Miami office that dealt with gifts and gear and that they are processed on cruise date basis and that the order would not be processed until 2 days before sailing.

I ordered from the website and did not get the items I had ordered and no payment was taken. I could not check to see if the payment had gone out as we did not want to pay the extortionate data roaming charges or make expensive phone calls to Miami.

I was left presuming that the order had gone through and then left embarrassed when they said I had not ordered anything.

I had confirmation by email as followed:

Thank you for your order!

4 weeks ago 12:14 PM

From: Royal Caribbean Shop Gifts & Gear giftsandgear@rccl.com

Dear naf536,

Thanks for placing an order for Royal Caribbean's Shop Gifts & Gear merchandise.

We have received your order form that was submitted on RoyalCaribbean.co.uk for Reservation Number 43xxxxx. Please note that your order is confirmed unless otherwise notified. We will contact you via email/phone if further information is necessary.

Thanks for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean Shop Gifts & Gear

Edited by naf536