Jewel of the Seas 10/26/13 Review - The Good and not so good

Thanks wingnutphl!

I'm on the same sailing at rec625 and our sailing seemed to sell out very early. I was hoping to see a price drop, but instead the price DOUBLED! Glad I booked so early!!

I REALLY hope they don't schedule the 70s party and Quest on the same night on our cruise. What horrible planning to put two such popular events on the same night!! Kind of takes all the momentum out of the 70s party if everyone has to leave early to go to Quest! Plus, then I'll be playing quest in my 70s clothes!!

Muster is at 8 pm and be warned it is outside. Also, they are very strict with muster. Security was going to cabins of people not there. Also, notes were left in the cabins of people they couldn't find.

Thanks Dawn!! I won't plan to dress up! Did you see the live thread by Norberts Niece? She's on a TA and I guess they put people off the ship because they got started on their "drink package" after boarding and wouldn't (couldnt :eek:) participate in Muster. I guess this is the downside of the "later" muster, people get involved and then it takes longer to round everyone up and have them of right mind to participate:rolleyes:

Hi Michael! Yes we did. We cruised on the Sovereign together.

Yes, we took a cab over and back. Prices ranged from $4 per person to $6.

Yes, Yes. Sovereign before her last cruise. Bubba and I did a B2B sort of. Carnival out of Tampa then drove over to Port Canaveral to catch Sovereign.

Thanks for the info on the cab in St Kitts.

Michael...

Thanks Dawn!! I won't plan to dress up! Did you see the live thread by Norberts Niece? She's on a TA and I guess they put people off the ship because they got started on their "drink package" after boarding and wouldn't (couldnt :eek:) participate in Muster. I guess this is the downside of the "later" muster, people get involved and then it takes longer to round everyone up and have them of right mind to participate:rolleyes:

8:00 muster makes no sense at all and this is just another reason why.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks wingnutphl!

I'm on the same sailing at rec625 and our sailing seemed to sell out very early. I was hoping to see a price drop, but instead the price DOUBLED! Glad I booked so early!!

I REALLY hope they don't schedule the 70s party and Quest on the same night on our cruise. What horrible planning to put two such popular events on the same night!! Kind of takes all the momentum out of the 70s party if everyone has to leave early to go to Quest! Plus, then I'll be playing quest in my 70s clothes!!

Hahaha I had my 70's clothes on including foxy brown wig. Needless to say when I had to sizzle like bacon at quest, my wig went flying. All worth is as we won! What we'll do for a 5 cent gold medal!!

• 5 months later...
Oh one more thing. The pools. The main pool was crowded on sea days. Nothing new when there are only 2 on the ship. We got there early and picked our seats and sat our butts in them. There was a lady in front of us holding 12 deck chairs. 3 of us went into the hot tub while 2 others were still sunbathing. We weren't even in the hot tub 5 mins when the police came to try to take our towels and bags. No one said anything to the lady holding the 12 chairs. Believe me I said something to her. Needless to say she got very huffy with me.

They should have been more diligent with the people in the pool and hot tubs. We saw many kids who were younger than 3 in the pool. And no they didn't even have on a swim diaper. Kids (and adults) were doing cannon balls into the pool. The few times I went through the Solarium I saw kids in there.

What time were you up on sea days to get chairs by the pool

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic app