Great Stirrup Cay Cancelled Again!!

Infiniti820

While I know it is disappointing to miss the island, please remember that you are so fortunate to be on a magnificent ship in warm weather and enjoying a great vacation. I was on the ship fur weeks ago today and would love to trade places with you. Enjoy and focus on the great vacation!

Don't know what the seas are like, however Central Florida has been quite windy today. Feels like March. :)

So sorry GSC was cancelled. I would perfer that to Nassau any day.

The weather was not great today in port canaveral..we had sun for only about 2 hours and then rain and clouds all day.

I am disappointed about GSC but I am not letting ruin my vacation. The ship is amazing- I have no complaints!! Hoping for better weather for the next few days. I will do a complete review early next week...so far not sure what all the complaining and bad reviews are about- but I am not a complainer and to add to my experience, on Sunday night- I hit a $1450.00 jackpot and my husband, within 10 minutes of that, hit for $720.00!! What can I complain about!!

The weather was not great today in port canaveral..we had sun for only about 2 hours and then rain and clouds all day.

I am disappointed about GSC but I am not letting ruin my vacation. The ship is amazing- I have no complaints!! Hoping for better weather for the next few days. I will do a complete review early next week...so far not sure what all the complaining and bad reviews are about- but I am not a complainer and to add to my experience, on Sunday night- I hit a $1450.00 jackpot and my husband, within 10 minutes of that, hit for $720.00!! What can I complain about!!

Now THAT is something to be happy about! It's like instant sunshine - just add winnings ;)

Have you heard anything about the 2 people who were hurt aboard the ship? It was another post about 2 different people getting hurt. Hopefully they're okay.

Have a good rest of the cruise - please have a chocolate croissant for breakfast for me. Being back home and eating special K just isn't the same. Or fair. LOL!!!

Now THAT is something to be happy about! It's like instant sunshine - just add winnings ;)

Have you heard anything about the 2 people who were hurt aboard the ship? It was another post about 2 different people getting hurt. Hopefully they're okay.

Have a good rest of the cruise - please have a chocolate croissant for breakfast for me. Being back home and eating special K just isn't the same. Or fair. LOL!!!

I must have gained 10lbs already!!! Sooo much food!! I didn't hear about anyone getting hurt..what happened??

I consider myself very lucky - been on 8 cruises that had GSC scheduled as a port and have gotten to go every time. I love the island and know I would be disappointed; however, I wouldn't want to be in a tender if the weather was bad,

NCL is pretty good in automatically refunding & crediting for any cancelled shore excursion, whether it's for GSC or other ports on a given ITN - not to worry.

I was tracking another line's ship off the coast of PC all day and weather is not good, seas are choppy & not smooth, rain & shower/cloudy so not a surprise at all to cancel tomorrow.

Forecast for Nassau on Thursday is better, partly cloudy and 87 degree, 20% chance of shower/rain only - far better than NY (only in the upper 30's in outlying area overnight) and 3.1" of snow near Sioux Falls, SD according to my Twitter feeds.

For those of you who had GSC skipped on your trip did you have an excursion booked? Was it tough to get your money refunded for this?

We had it cancelled in 2008 and had excursions booked...they just put the money on our onboard account. We are trying again in december...hope we make it this time!!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Wow, nice to hit the jack pots. Hope you have continued good luck.:)

I think rccl coco cay has a similar issue

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

NCL's private island is Great Stirrup Cay

RCCL private island was renamed Coco Cay its original name is Little Stirrup Cay

The two islands are both a part of the berry island chain and are adjacent to each other so when one has an issue it is more than likely the other does as well.

For those of you who had GSC skipped on your trip did you have an excursion booked? Was it tough to get your money refunded for this?

Our trip to GSC we were a party of 4, swapping baby watching duties while 2 went on the wave runner excursion. The first group my mom and dad went on the excursion without a problem, DH and my time was delayed, they tried several times to get our group out. They did tell us that if they could not get our group out the refund would be made to our onboard account.

It's really too bad that GSC was missed again, however, safety first and perhaps it wasn't to be this time. We missed Nassau our last cruise on the Epic (Feb. 26, 2013) not because of weather but apparently the Port Authority didn't have room for the Epic even though the berth was supposedly assigned.

I guess that's why we choose to have the ship as our destination and everything else is gravy...

Hopefully OP will enjoy the cruise regardless of ports. Safe sailing.

I really feel for you OP. I can go to Theatre shows, restaurants and even an indoor waterpark all within an hour of my house or less, but wiggling my toes in the sand and swimming in the warm blue sea surrounded by palm trees and the sounds of a Caribbean band, well that's what I dream about. I too would be disappointed missing out on the private island experience. Make the best of it though at least you are not sitting in your bathrobe drinking your coffee before getting in your cold car and driving an hour in bumper to bumper traffic.:D

Don't know what the seas are like, however Central Florida has been quite windy today. Feels like March. :)

So sorry GSC was cancelled. I would perfer that to Nassau any day.

We live 58 mi directly west of GSK in Fl high winds and surf and coastal flooding:(

A couple of years ago, GSC was our last day on board. We were looking forward to one more beach day before heading back to the snow. Early in the morning we had heard rumblings from some of the crew that we probably weren't going to make it. The weather was really windy and overcast.

Well we did arrive and they brought the tenders out but within a short period of time, the Captain came on and told us it was unsafe and we weren't going to be able to stay. Lots of sad faces for sure! We were sitting up above the pool/hot tub area and the CD was delivering free rum punches to everyone. The mood was pretty down for many. So sitting there looking down at the hot tub we get the idea of ordering a bottle of champagne and hit the hot tub. I always wanted to do that! They were all empty, there were so few people on deck because it was cold.

DH and I and our traveling friends got changed and hit the tub. Shortly after, friends we had met from Germany saw us, thought we were nuts, but were back 10 minutes later and joined us. We ended up with 8 of us in the tub most of the day and had a great time. We felt bad for the one server that was up on deck - still remember him - Jimmy! He was wonderful.

So what was for many a down day, we had a blast! One of the best days of the cruise!

There's always a way to have fun and it sure beat the snow we were heading home to.