Star - smoking section on Lido

Maddle

On the Star Princess, is the smoking area on Lido on the Port or Starboard side?

We've just received our cabin assignment - trying to decide if I want to move...I'd like to avoid walking into the smoking section every time we come on deck...and reduce the likelihood of smoke drawing back into our hallway.

Maddle

On the Star Princess, is the smoking area on Lido on the Port or Starboard side?

We've just received our cabin assignment - trying to decide if I want to move...I'd like to avoid walking into the smoking section every time we come on deck...and reduce the likelihood of smoke drawing back into our hallway.

Maddle

the ones i've sailed on the smoking side is portside but if you close the door no smoke should go inside

On the Star Princess last spring, smoking was portside but not along the whole deck. The hallway to those forward cabins is a long way from the tables that allow smoking. There was also smoking on the very back of that deck looking over the aft terrace pool. That area was also portside. Enjoy your cruise.

Maddle

If I remember correctly 5 or 6 tables and chairs for smoking were along the port side just before you go from the outdoor pool into the indoor pool outside of the men's and ladies room. There was also a smoking section all the way aft on the Horizon Terrace port side.

I don't like smoke, but never had an issue with smoke walking through these areas.

I hope Princess is strict in regards to disposing the butts of the cigarettes. I'd hate to see people throwing them off the aft portion down onto the terrace pool Aloha deck.

Have never witnessed this. The Princess smoking passengers I have seen have always been considerate of others.

I hope Princess is strict in regards to disposing the butts of the cigarettes. I'd hate to see people throwing them off the aft portion down onto the terrace pool Aloha deck.

if you see anyone throwing butts where they shouldnt dob them in as it could cause a fire

Maddle

Smoking on Star Princess Lido Deck is on the Port side in the passageway between Neptune's Reef pool Calypso Reef pool. There is also smoking on Horizon Terrace near Outrigger bar on the stern.

Look at the deck plans located HERE and you can see where those locations are.