Our thoughts for Filippino crew members

I can't stop thinking of all the Fillipino friends we have made on Dream, Celebration, Island Escape & especially Spirit Ihaven't been on Majesty, but obviously i must include them also) .) & how they must be affected by the terrible news coming from the Phillipines. I sincerely hope that Thomsons & all ships which have Fillipino crew members are doing the right thing & treating them with compassion in what must be an horrific time for them.

My thoughts are with the Filipino people. The news film is absolutely horrific. The Filipino crew on the Thomson ships are the loveliest people who always perform their duties with a winning smile and have made our cruises so extra special. They always find a place in your heart. I hope the international community can urgently get relief to those who need it. This must be a desperate time for those who are away from their families and can't contact them because communications are down. Thank you Tizzy-Jo for speaking for all of us.

Yes, well done all :)

It looks dreadful & good to see the UK are donating a substantial amount of aid to help. I have made contact with some of the Filipino staff who work on the ships & so far all their families are safe - I only hope this it true for them all but with so many affected in the country, who knows?

Quite a few of them are flying back from the UK from the Celebration today to the Phillipines - hope they are able to get flights back & hope it is not going to be too awful for them to go home to :(

Just watching the coverage on the BBC. My first thought is that the friends and family of those fabulous crew members who make my holiday such a joy should not meet such a fate. My next thought is that nobody's loved ones should meet such a fate. I am no fan of the Government but I am glad that they are giving £10m of aid to help. Now it's my turn. I am off to find a charity appeal to make a donation. If I can afford to go on cruises I can afford to make a donation.

Just watching the coverage on the BBC. My first thought is that the friends and family of those fabulous crew members who make my holiday such a joy should not meet such a fate. My next thought is that nobody's loved ones should meet such a fate. I am no fan of the Government but I am glad that they are giving £10m of aid to help. Now it's my turn. I am off to find a charity appeal to make a donation. If I can afford to go on cruises I can afford to make a donation.

We will be making our donation today too and hope that all who have cruised with these lovely people as crew, will do so too.

Just been watching the latest pictures. It looks worse every day.

We will be making our donation today too and hope that all who have cruised with these lovely people as crew, will do so too.

Just been watching the latest pictures. It looks worse every day.

I agree - it seems so little that we can do to help in the scale of the disaster but with many like-minded people it will make a difference.

Our thoughts go out to all the Phillipino crew on all the ships just not Thomsons.they are far away from home and probably no way of contacting their loved ones to make sure they are safe. we are also thinking of the many crew on Spirit that we know,especially Sam,Rambo Ritchie,Elvis and his wife Shine, I do have Shines mail address so may try and get a message through to her,sending all of our thoughts from the members on here. Will also be making a donation soon.

Such tragic news. I'm sure the thoughts and best wishes of allThomson cruise clients are with everyone effected. Thank you for passing these messages on to the crew on all ships.

This link to The Disasters Emergency Commitee makes it very easy to donate immediately.

http://www.dec.org.uk/utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_term=disasters%20emergencies%20committee&utm_content=Brand%20Terms&utm_campaign=Philippines&gclid=CKv6j_Lk4boCFY7HtAodpmQAyA

well done tizzy.....some crew do read these boards (facebook also) (not allowed to answer tho....social media policy?)

yes my heart goes out to all affected crew members who are far from home....donations are being very gratefully recieved at reception....the crew welfare fund is probaly under some pressure at the moment...I believe the company are doing everything they can (a very good job imo)

I would like to say .......we are heartbroken for you, we are thinking of you and our hearts go out to you....we hope and pray that those who I have met and spoken to this last week will hear good news soon

It's also very east to donate £5 by texting help to 70000

Sue on facebook has put on that it was announced on the Majesty last week that Thomson would match every penny donated by the passengers.

Brilliant:):)

Just noticed this after asking on the Frazer thread for them to donate to the appeal.

Well done Thomson.