Sign and sail card...What do you suggest?

Vitamin_Sea

If you do the online check-in on the Carnival website before your cruise, you can give them all the credit card info then, and not have to do anything when you get ready to board. You can either have both of your sign and sail cards bill to one credit card, or you can have each S&S card bill to a different card. It's really easy to do as part of the online pre check-in process!

Enjoy your first cruise!

But - My main question is..

Is it ok to put her credit card on her account or am I being cheap?

:confused:

Ask her :p

if its on yours and she decides to buy a nice piece of jewelry or drinks like a fish.....

I also think it depends on how long you have been together? when you go out do you go dutch ? I know my dd and her boyfriend pay for thier own purchases when they vacation, and they have been together 2 1/2 yrs

That is a relationship question for you guys to sort out!

I know that..

even with me and the wife, there are different Folio numbers on our two S&S cards

so the account shows which one of us bought what

-and that's among long-term-happily-married people! :)

Just go to Guest Services

and they can sort it out any which way you guys want it to be.

Here's a card with NO Folio number on it. No name either!

It allows entry into the cabin and that's it. No charging.

Probably belonged to a kid under the age of seven or so..

KEYonly.jpg

Going on a cruise with my GF, first time.

Do I put my credit card on her sign and sail card or hers?

What do you suggest?

BTW, she is paying half the cruise.

Thanks

Like all long term relationships, when discussing expensive items, you need to have a frank conversation way before the day of leaving, who is responsible for paying what. A Bar Bill can easily exceed $400.00. This is not a night out to dinner, but a vacation. She is paying half the cruise, so it seems the expectation is that extra's would also be paid by each.

I think it's up to you and your financial situation. When DH and I had been dating for 6 months we went on a cruise. I paid half and he paid half of the fare. I was expecting to pay my portion of the sail and sign card, but he put it all on his card. But in our situation he makes about 3 times more than I do. So, I think that was the nice thing to do. If you make close to the same thing though, I definitely see nothing wrong with everyone paying their own way.

Happily married for 5 going on 6 years now... Even after we were engaged up until being married we kept everything seperate. I would have just assumed I would pay for my share. If she's already paying for half the cruise she's probably thinking the same for other expenses. But ... If definitely a convo you have sooner rather than later.

i know she is not a fan of using credit cards..She went overboard years ago.

touchy subject..

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Forums mobile app

I never put a card on file. I just go and put cash on my account. Its one of the first things I do when I get onboard.

My oldest and her BF of almost 5 years have gone away together many times. She's always prepared to pay her own way, always insists.........He NEVER lets her. Honestly, I like that about him. ;)

Once onboard you'll have to pay almost $100 each each for gratuities . If you drink alcohol that can add up, If you drink soda that package is around $50 each. Excursions add up too.

I guess the big question is: DO you want to pay or NOT??

I think if she's already paying half the cruise fare, she's also prepared to have her own spending money and therefore 2 separate cards seem fine to me. If she doesn't want to use a card you can always use cash upfront, or pay in cash before last night of vacation.

i know she is not a fan of using credit cards..She went overboard years ago.

touchy subject..

OK so "Lesson learned" and we move on from there

to establish a cash account, which is what I've done now for all 11 cruises.

Easy to do and ever so disciplinary! :)

I drop $200 on them the first day, and we go from there.

Replenish as necessary.

All cruises before my DH & I were married, we each had our sail and signs hooked up to our own credit/debit cards. It worked out well. I could buy photos or things from the gift shop as I wanted without having to worry about who was paying for what after the fact. That wasn't to say that he didn't use his card to buy drinks for the both of us at times, or vice versa. I don't see why your gf would have a problem paying for those items SHE purchases onboard?

Now that we're married, I put both of my card (and he gives me money to cover expenses before or after the cruise).

I traveled with my now husband when we were dating and we each had our own credit card, on our own sail and sign account. So no you aren't being cheap and hopefully she wouldn't expect you to pay for all her onboard expenses. Unless that is what you have offered...

I don't think you are cheap.

Keep accounts separate unless you are willing to chance her ease of buying or drinking and are willing to foot the bill.

I agree with HeatherC430. You can each have your own account (whether it be cash based or credit/debit card based). Then once on board, you can offer to pay for some expenses on your card like some drinks, etc and allow her to pay for others on hers.

When GF and I (we've been together 5 months) went last month she offered to pay "her half". I told her she could pay for her half of the cabin. I put the entire cost of the cabin on my credit card, she wrote me a check for half of that. Then I secretly upgraded us from a balcony to a suite and paid for that.

I did the online check-in and attached my credit card to both of our S&S cards. She never spent another dime from the time we sailed until the time we got back. That's the way I wanted it, because I'm old fashioned and I believe the guy should pay. (Chivalry is NOT dead).

But that doesn't work for everybody, so like others have suggested, talk about it and come up with what works for you. Communication is the most important part of a relationship!

When GF and I (we've been together 5 months) went last month she offered to pay "her half". I told her she could pay for her half of the cabin. I put the entire cost of the cabin on my credit card, she wrote me a check for half of that. Then I secretly upgraded us from a balcony to a suite and paid for that.

I did the online check-in and attached my credit card to both of our S&S cards. She never spent another dime from the time we sailed until the time we got back. That's the way I wanted it, because I'm old fashioned and I believe the guy should pay. (Chivalry is NOT dead).

But that doesn't work for everybody, so like others have suggested, talk about it and come up with what works for you. Communication is the most important part of a relationship!

Agree, it doesn't work for everybody and depends highly on finances.