Norway ? for Ruth C

pv girl

Ruth,

You seem to be a Norway "expert" so I have a few questions for you.

Looking at next summer for a 7 day to Norway on Ryndam or Rotterdam - Viking Saga or Norse Legend. Would love one with both Bergen and Flam, but one has to do the 14 day Voyage of Midnight Sun to get that. Have been on both ships and love them both, so port of departure is not an issue here.

So, based on your experience, which of the 7 day cruises would you choose?:)

Although the sail up to Flam is gorgeous, and it was a spectacularly glorious day there the last time I was there, if I had only the seven days, I would go to Bergen.

Bergen is a much larger port, so there is so much more to do there. If there's no mobility problems, it's a nice walk down to Bryggen, which is the old Hanseatic League area. Very historical, and now busy with quaint shops.

HAL has some lovely shore excursions, including a ride out to Grieg's home, with a concert while there. I loved that tour.

Are you sure you can't do 14 days? A couple of years ago I did the back to back out of Dover on the Ryndam, and it was great. It was a good combination of larger and smaller ports. The ride up Geiranger Fjord had a beautiful rising sun in the morning, and drizzle & fog back down in the afternoon. Talk about seeing the same place in different moods! Wow.

Thanks so much for the input. I see I need to work on doing 14 days - either a B2B or the Midnight Sun trip of 14 days which seems very port-intensive. I got my new Cruise Planner in the mail this week and am poring over it.