Vouchers are here to stay

cruising teacher

We got off the Equinox this morning, there were no vouchers, since we travelled with two non elites we didn't attend in the lounge so vouchers would have been good :D

I am now confused. I just read the new Elite perks on Celebrity's Captains Club page...Posted below.

Elite Member Benefits

Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner.

The wording seems to indicate that their WILL be a cocktail hour and perhaps vouchers will not be given out. In addition, it clearly states that those traveling with Elites (in the same stateroom) may attend the CC Elite party's.

Yes, people traveling in the same cabin have always been included. They do have the party when the number of Elites is manageable. On many cruises there are too many to have the party in one venue so they use the vouchers. Your cabin companion will receive a set of vouchers too.

I am now confused. I just read the new Elite perks on Celebrity's Captains Club page...Posted below.

Elite Member Benefits

Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner.

The wording seems to indicate that their WILL be a cocktail hour and perhaps vouchers will not be given out. In addition, it clearly states that those traveling with Elites (in the same stateroom) may attend the CC Elite party's.

It's been my experience that when the ship has a large amount of Elites onboard, vouchers are used. On the Reflection tranatlantic we just got off of November 16, there were over 1100 Elites onboard. Transatlantics tend to attract many Elite passengers. Celebrity obviously makes the decision to use vouchers based on the number of Elites onboard.

Shaun

There are rules and then there are RULES. At the Elite cocktail parties there is usually a staff person at the door who tries to stop folks from taking any drinks out of the lounge. But when you use a voucher, once you have the drink you are just one more customer at a bar/lounge where there are also folks paying for their drinks. It would be rare for anyone to even notice if an Elite left the lounge area with their drink.

Hank

There are rules and then there are RULES. At the Elite cocktail parties there is usually a staff person at the door who tries to stop folks from taking any drinks out of the lounge. But when you use a voucher, once you have the drink you are just one more customer at a bar/lounge where there are also folks paying for their drinks. It would be rare for anyone to even notice if an Elite left the lounge area with their drink.

Hank

The Sky Lounge has only one way in and one way out. They can stop you there, but don't anymore. All the other venues where vouchers are used, they cannot.

Elite Member Benefits

They weren't in the same cabin :) and one was five years old!

I think they use vouchers when there are a large number of elites so that they can distribute around the ship rather than needing to be in one place.

Hank

I asked on Eclipse( Southern Caribbean, March- April 2013) if we were allowed to take our drink to dinner. I found it difficult to consume 3 drinks in the allotted time.

It was our first time as Elite. -and they were using vouchers, so we really weren't aware of either system.

I was told YES, so when on Infinity TA, I didn't ask.

We also found that on Infinity, they were serving 'tiny bites' in the Constellation lounge between 5-7pm, these were not available in other lounges. In fact you even had to ask for the jar of 'nuts' in the Rendezvous Lounge.

There was a banner outside the Constellation lounge which said 'Elite Party,' so I am still confused, as it is obviously still thought of as the Cocktail hour lounge!

Yes, people traveling in the same cabin have always been included. They do have the party when the number of Elites is manageable. On many cruises there are too many to have the party in one venue so they use the vouchers. Your cabin companion will receive a set of vouchers too.

Thanks for the clarification on both. There seem to be so many "opinions" on whether a traveling companion should be allowed to have the same perks as an Elite, when they are not. I thought I read that no one is allowed at parties unless they were Elite.

As for the vouchers, I was referencing the thread "Vouchers Are Here To Stay" and thought that parties had gone by the wayside in favor of vouchers. I do hope vouchers are given out on the Connie next spring, but if I can take my daughters to the party, it really doesn't matter. They also have free beverage packages.

They weren't in the same cabin :) and one was five years old!

I think they use vouchers when there are a large number of elites so that they can distribute around the ship rather than needing to be in one place.

:D I see!