Question about rate reductions

wannagonow123

First off, yes, I deal with a travel agent, and I know they have to initiate the transaction, but I figured I'd ask you fine folks here, before I contact my TA. (they are bizarre)

Last month I booked B2B cruises for August 2014 during Cruise appreciation month. I feel I got a decent rate far late summer and $200 OBC for each segment.

I see now that the price of one segment has dropped $100pp in my category and $200pp on the other segment. Will my TA be able to get my rate dropped to current pricing AND keep OBC? I really like the cabin selections we have, and really don't want to move.

The other snag with this is my TA is part of a vacation club I stupidly joined a while back. I am guaranteed at least 15% off any posted rates on any website, and yes, I did get my 15% off the fare but the reduction is based on what carnival is showing.

Is it worth my asking for the reduced fares, or is this going to turn into a song and dance, not worth the effort?

First off, yes, I deal with a travel agent, and I know they have to initiate the transaction, but I figured I'd ask you fine folks here, before I contact my TA. (they are bizarre)

Last month I booked B2B cruises for August 2014 during Cruise appreciation month. I feel I got a decent rate far late summer and $200 OBC for each segment.

I see now that the price of one segment has dropped $100pp in my category and $200pp on the other segment. Will my TA be able to get my rate dropped to current pricing AND keep OBC? I really like the cabin selections we have, and really don't want to move.

The other snag with this is my TA is part of a vacation club I stupidly joined a while back. I am guaranteed at least 15% off any posted rates on any website, and yes, I did get my 15% off the fare but the reduction is based on what carnival is showing.

Is it worth my asking for the reduced fares, or is this going to turn into a song and dance, not worth the effort?

If the OBC does not carry over then you will be paying more overall for the cruise. Not worth it. But you can run the numbers with your TA and see.

Edited by Aeeo

If the current sale doesnt include OBC you will definitely lose it.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

You have to get this information from the TA. Any "answer" here is pure speculation.

Not sure about your 15% discount. You get that on top of the "official" rates of Carnival? That is a good discount if so. I never look for any on board credits- I want the lower rates to begin with. Especially if the OBC's are larger than the service fees, I don't want them. So, if your discount doesn't involve an OBC you may want to look for this options in your bookings.