20 Days until we sail on Oasis!!! Any last minute suggestions?

sherlynn

Any last minute ideas or suggestions for our quickly approaching Family Cruise aboard the Oasis? We are all so very excited!

My Dad has been seriously ill in the hospital for the past 5 weeks so I'm a bit nervous about leaving but thankfully, he has improved and I sure need some R & R!

Does anyone have Eastern compasses to share with me?

I've been pouring over these boards and planning like crazy and now the date is within reach! Can't wait to experience all that the Oasis has to offer!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Just enjoy! You can't do it all in 7 days, so hit the shows, walk in Central Park at night, have breakfast at Johnnie Rockets, have a glass of wine and Tapas in Vintages. But most of all have a wonderful time. Get a "future cruise" certificate, because you'll want to do Oasis again to see the stuff you missed.

My suggestion: Don't over plan. Go with the flow. There is a lot to see onboard Oasis of the Seas. Don't try and see it all, most people don't. So don't worry about it.

Do try and see the shows Hairspray and Come Fly With Me. They are both excellent. You can see them even if you don't have reservations. Also don't miss the ice show and aqua theater show.

Most of all relax and enjoy your vacation on one of the world's largest cruise ship!

Any last minute ideas or suggestions for our quickly approaching Family Cruise aboard the Oasis? We are all so very excited!

My Dad has been seriously ill in the hospital for the past 5 weeks so I'm a bit nervous about leaving but thankfully, he has improved and I sure need some R & R!

Does anyone have Eastern compasses to share with me?

I've been pouring over these boards and planning like crazy and now the date is within reach! Can't wait to experience all that the Oasis has to offer!

Thanks for everyone's input!

In my review that I completed last week has all of the cruise compass' from my trip last month. It was the western sailing but I'm pretty sure the majority of it can transfer over to the East.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40438177#post40438177

In my review that I completed last week has all of the cruise compass' from my trip last month. It was the western sailing but I'm pretty sure the majority of it can transfer over to the East.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40438177#post40438177

Thanks!! I read your review and it was amazing!!! I'll take a look at your cruise compasses.

Just off oasis last week, you’ll have a great time and your kids will too. There’s a lot to do so here are some of my suggestions to have a good time, at least this is what I did.

1. Check out Park Café for the famous roast beef sandwiches (there as good as reviewed I promise)

2.Try and see all the shows (especially the Aqua show “Oasis of Dreams” **Reserve ahead of time save the headache later)

3.Don’t overdo it, Oasis is a big ship with lots to do, just look at the Cruise Compass and plan out different things through out the day and you’ll be fine.

4.Check out the Trivia sessions in the Schooner Bar lots of fun and a good place to meet new people.

5. Check out a specialty restaurant (Personal favorite is Chops)

6.Last but definitely not least, RELAX! it’s a vacation don’t get bogged down by too much and enjoy the Ports/Ocean at all costs!!!

Here’s to you and your family enjoying a wonderful event filled time on Oasis. :D

Edited by J-Bone

My husband and I will be on that sailing! We were on Allure last year that same week and loved it! True, there is a lot to see and do, but also time to relax and chill out (sounds like you might need that.)

If you can, check out the Roll Call Board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1750971&page=16

Stacy