How could Carnival Improve?

Stateroom_Sailor

m24m, come on, you see it every cruise.

The 80's night at the disco ends, the H H starts, the place empties out.

I have never seen the club ever busy regardless of what music is playing

For some reason I think they are not allowed to actually play "club" music in the club if they were allowed the DJs would be playing good new modern music

I have never seen the club ever busy regardless of what music is playing

For some reason I think they are not allowed to actually play "club" music in the club if they were allowed the DJs would be playing good new modern music

Does all this happen after midnight:confused:;)

The DJ's leave a lot to be desired.

Some really stink.

This is on all the cruise lines I have been on.

The lines probably take a waiter who can play a guitar and figure,

he can be a DJ.

I've never heard club music on any cruise except one.

A singles group on the Caribbean Princess.

Edited by fireofficer5

The DJ's leave a lot to be desired.

Some really stink.

This is on all the cruise lines I have been on.

The lines probably take a waiter who can play a guitar and figure,

he can be a DJ.

I've never heard club music on any cruise except one.

A singles group on the Caribbean Princess.

Most really stink in my opinion and have never once heard the top DJs in the world on a cruise ship .I think they may not be allowed due to copyright laws maybe

This is a DJ only 23 million views and have never heard his music on a cruise.He sells out stadiums ;)

Its wrong sorry if you disagree.

Cruise directors job is not to know his passengers and to direct or instruct someone who knows what they do for a living ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe that the DJ's boss is the cruise director, so if you think that the DJ shouldn't take a direction from the CD, then you have a different idea of what a boss is than I do.

The cruise director is in charge of the entire entertainment staff. His boss is the hotel director.

You think all the people that work on the ship just manage themselves?????

Edited by halos

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe that the DJ's boss is the cruise director, so if you think that the DJ shouldn't take a direction from the CD, then you have a different idea of what a boss is than I do.

The cruise director is in charge of the entire entertainment staff. His boss is the hotel director.

You think all the people that work on the ship just manage themselves?????

We all know and can agree not all cruise directors are created equal. Some are good most are not memorable and the same goes with DJs

Please bring back the Fun Farewell Party! Also please allow people who used to be able to go to the Past Guest Party to be able to go again. We miss it!!!

You could still stop new people from going who weren't eligible before your cutbacks, but please grandfather in the ones who used to be eligible and who you cut off with the new rules especially those of us who are on cruise critic and champion your cruise line.

Agreed! I went with hubby on my first carnival cruise and he got an invitation to the past guest party. They let me come since I was his wife. The next carnival cruise we went on we were so excited for the party only to find out they had changed the program and he no longer qualified> :(

Cruise directors job is not to know his passengers and to direct or instruct someone who knows what they do for a living ;)

We all know and can agree not all cruise directors are created equal. Some are good most are not memorable and the same goes with DJs

Well then let's put HIRE BETTER CRUISE DIRECTORS at the top of the 'Ways CCL should improve' list because it seems they're so bad that their passengers aren't even aware of what they are supposed to do in their job.

Well then let's put HIRE BETTER CRUISE DIRECTORS at the top of the 'Ways CCL should improve' list because it seems they're so bad that their passengers aren't even aware of what they are supposed to do in their job.

Is it really that bad?

And im sorry I am too busy enjoying my vacation with friends and family to need to be entertained by a cruise director. We make our own entertainment ;)

I concur. Although I would imagine that ports are as they are, perhaps there could be a bit more diversity by switching things up a little such as substituting Costa Maya for Belize.

They could certainly alternate Progresso with Costa Maya. They're going to Coz anyway and Costa Maya isn't that far from Coz. We really enjoyed the only time Carnival Magic went to Costa Maya in 2011. We went to Mahahual where there is a great beach (picture below). The food was good, the beach and water were fabulous, and the massages on the beach were fantastico! Wish we were there now.

Sorry Mike they don't know their job and play what appeals to their 20 something age group with no regard to the demo of that particular cruise. One of the biggest complaints is the music mix and how blaring loud it can be.

This is so true! They also had the DJ in the Atrium Lobby during Embark blasting music that appeals to the 20 Something's which was definitely not fitting the age group Onboard! They also had the DJ blasting the same type of music at the Past Guest party. Wow!

Until you experience a really good CD, the CD doesn't matter. A good CD can make a mediocre cruise feel a whole lot better and inject a lot more fun.

Your right we only remembered one Jorge who retired then un retired as a comic on board. He was awesome ,the only memorable one we have ever sailed with

This is so true! They also had the DJ in the Atrium Lobby during Embark blasting music that appeals to the 20 Something's which was definitely not fitting the age group Onboard! They also had the DJ blasting the same type of music at the Past Guest party. Wow!

Im in my 40s and love music, they play whats popular TODAY not from the past. They do try to appeal to the younger people though that's how they fill ships with $400 a week cruises

Their is a cruise line for everyone with every taste, you just need to pay for it now.Those days of great shows and amazing food is over unless they raise prices. You cant cut prices to cheaper than 20 years ago and still have the same quality

Im in my 40s and love music, they play whats popular TODAY not from the past. They do try to appeal to the younger people though that's how they fill ships with $400 a week cruises

Absolutely.

If your ship is sailing full of younger people, then playing music they want is what you absolutely should do.

If that SAME ship, the following week is doing a 15 night itinerary, with a bunch of middle aged people on it, the cruise line should have the common sense to adjust to the change in demographic.

It doesn't take ANY extra money, and it doesn't take rocket science. It just takes a little bit of caring about what your passengers want.

Edited by halos

Agree with most of the above. Forgery is a strong word, but do agree that Park West is less than reputable.

I would prefer that in some venues the volume of the music be lowered.

More space between the tables in the MDRs would be welcome.

Carnival can be a little too glitzy sometimes so toning it down might be nice.

The "Bacon Police" are annoying and usually grouchy.

JMO

Oh how I HATE the bacon police. I only really eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. That's it. So when I ask for extra bacon PLEASE give me extra bacon... not one tiny strip. I cross my heart, promise, that I'm gonna eat it. Bacon should be a food group of its own. ;)