Spencer Ambrose Land and Sea or Jalosie?

Worn out mailman

Hi folks.

I'm thinking of booking a tour with Spencer Ambrose. We did a tour with Cosol in 2008 which visited many of the land sights that Spencer's land and sea tour visits. For that reason, I'm contemplating just doing the Jalosie beach break.

My question is, being that with the Jalosie beach break we'll arrive at the beach relatively early, will it be warm enough when we arrive? Are the available beach chairs on a nice section of the beach (which would make it worth while to get there early)?

The full day land and sea tour only costs a little more, but we've seen a lot of this stuff as I've said, we don't really enjoy the stinky volcano, and enjoy time at the beach if it's nice enough that early in the day.

Did anyone who did the beach break regret doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Hi folks.

I'm thinking of booking a tour with Spencer Ambrose. We did a tour with Cosol in 2008 which visited many of the land sights that Spencer's land and sea tour visits. For that reason, I'm contemplating just doing the Jalosie beach break.

My question is, being that with the Jalosie beach break we'll arrive at the beach relatively early, will it be warm enough when we arrive? Are the available beach chairs on a nice section of the beach (which would make it worth while to get there early)?

The full day land and sea tour only costs a little more, but we've seen a lot of this stuff as I've said, we don't really enjoy the stinky volcano, and enjoy time at the beach if it's nice enough that early in the day.

Did anyone who did the beach break regret doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

I loved the Jalosie beach break. We had done a land and sea tour on a catamaran which was awesome in March so when we went back in July we decided that St. Lucia would be our beach day. The section of beach where the public chairs are is by the snorkeling and not by the wide section by the resort. I think the beach is just ok but the resort, snorkelling, boat ride, food and drinks and staff were fantastic.

Edited by Karysa

I loved the Jalosie beach break. We had done a land and sea tour on a catamaran which was awesome in March so when we went back in July we decided that St. Lucia would be our beach day. The section of beach where the public chairs are is by the snorkeling and not by the wide section by the resort. I think the beach is just ok but the resort, snorkelling, boat ride, food and drinks and staff were fantastic.

Can you tell me who offered the catamaran sea tour? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Jalousie Beach break on our cruise this past May and LOVED it!

We left the ship by speedboat and were at Jalousie Beach in about 45 minutes. There was a stop, for photo opportunities, when we got close to the Pitons. My guess is that the beach would be warm since it's in the tropics. Since we were the first group arriving at Jalousie Beach, we had first pick of the loungers that are free. We had no complaints on where those chairs were and there was plenty of shade. We could move them into the sun if we preferred. There are fancy, cushioned loungers on the resort side of the beach that are for the resort guests. We were fine with where we were. The scenery is beautiful and we were able to walk along the beach in front of the resort and had the option of using our beach towels in that area.

We had four hours at Jalousie Beach, so that left us plenty of time for snorkeling, walking the beach or just enjoying the scenery from the loungers. Our day was very relaxed and a lot of fun.

On the way back was the "Sea Tour" portion where we traveled back to the ship in the speedboat, this time staying closer to the island with several stops at different sights for pictures and information. One thing we all really appreciated was the fact that Spencer and the working with him made sure each one of us got the pictures we wanted. He would turn the boat so that people on the other side could get good pictures and would make sure everyone was done before he left. We have no regrets at all and loved our day in St. Lucia and our time with Spencer and crew.

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Jalousie Beach break on our cruise this past May and LOVED it!

We left the ship by speedboat and were at Jalousie Beach in about 45 minutes. There was a stop, for photo opportunities, when we got close to the Pitons. My guess is that the beach would be warm since it's in the tropics. Since we were the first group arriving at Jalousie Beach, we had first pick of the loungers that are free. We had no complaints on where those chairs were and there was plenty of shade. We could move them into the sun if we preferred. There are fancy, cushioned loungers on the resort side of the beach that are for the resort guests. We were fine with where we were. The scenery is beautiful and we were able to walk along the beach in front of the resort and had the option of using our beach towels in that area.

We had four hours at Jalousie Beach, so that left us plenty of time for snorkeling, walking the beach or just enjoying the scenery from the loungers. Our day was very relaxed and a lot of fun.

On the way back was the "Sea Tour" portion where we traveled back to the ship in the speedboat, this time staying closer to the island with several stops at different sights for pictures and information. One thing we all really appreciated was the fact that Spencer and the working with him made sure each one of us got the pictures we wanted. He would turn the boat so that people on the other side could get good pictures and would make sure everyone was done before he left. We have no regrets at all and loved our day in St. Lucia and our time with Spencer and crew.

Some reviews that I have read talk about a stop at Anse Chastanet but most don't. Did you make a stop here for snorkeling?

I spent the day Wed. Dec. 4th with Spencer, Terry and Raymond on Jalousie for essentially the whole day it was wonderful, already did all the land and sea tours of St. Lucia this day was the best ever. Spencer and his crew are in a class by themselves, food and beer were great weather was AWESOME, this was my second tour with Spencer and hands down the best. Doing it again next year, you should as well. Hope that helps Todd

Some reviews that I have read talk about a stop at Anse Chastanet but most don't. Did you make a stop here for snorkeling?

We stopped at Anse Chastanet but only for a brief description about the area and mostly about the resort & how one of "The Bachelor" episodes was filmed there and the cost to stay (I think $2000 a night). There was time for photos but we didn't do any snorkeling there. I personally thought the snorkeling at Jalousie Beach was some of the best I've seen and with Spencer's "Jalousie Beach Break" tour, we were the first there so the water was very clear for snorkeling whereas visibility can get clouded later in the day as other tours arrive. I did a review (in my signature) and the St. Lucia part of it starts on page 9 as we sailed in and continues through page 12 as we were sailing away. I added several, but not all, of my snorkeling pictures in the review and they are on page 10. On page 11 are the pictures and descriptions of Anse Chastanet. If you have any other questions about Spencer's "Jalousie Beach Break", please feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer as best I can.