Stand by (moment notice cruises)

cruise to live

Last minute = 24 hours before the ship sails or calling Carnival the morning of to book the cruise. You would be charged the going rate of the cabin that is listed at that time if there are any cabins available. Usually the ship sail full.

Does Carnival offer any moment notice cruises? I seem to remember talking to some retires from Florida, who said they go on countless cruises, who are called at the last minute. I live in Jersey, and was thinking of getting on a list for the Splendor at the beginning of Dec.

There were December rates for the Splendor in the less than the $400 + range already. How low do you thing the rates can go? The $199+ haven't been heard of in years. Also, the NYC cruises have far more demand and fill up consistently.

Yes, at times you can call carnival 24hrs before cruise and sometimes get a great price. While carnival says there ships are full, they count full based on passanger counts and not cabins. Even through they may be full, there are still cabins available, as there are 3 or 4 people in a number of cabins. I have friends who did this last winter in florida and got a great deal.. If interested, call 24hrs prior to sail and ask..

The easiest way to do this is to get a PVP assigned to you and have them look for these deals for you. I'm thinking of doing it for sailings out of Galveston but would need 24 hour notice.

On our Halloween cruise on the Magic there were quite a few empty cabins and several of the shoreside agents were sailing last minute. I think they get 1st pick.

As most of the PP's have said the cruises out of New York and Baltimore almost always fill. You *usually* don't see rock bottom last minute prices like you do for the Floridian ports--remember there are at least five ports in that one state.

We did a last minute booking (<20 hours) for the Pride during Snowmageddon and it was the most expensive cabin we have ever booked. We got the last cabin for three (it was a balcony) and it was a little over $700pp.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

About 3 yrs ago I would get calls often from my pvp for last Min deals ( usually within 7 days and the rates were very very low

My pvp moved on , haven't got a any from my new pvp and she is new and doesn't know of any way to get them

Not sure if it wAs the creation of early saver, pack and go, the upsell group or a combination of them all but I haven't received a good rate / call

I have received a email stating exclusive for you / non published rates with low rates but not like the crazy ones from yrs ago

There are the advertised "last minute" rates and then there are the last minute rates they don't advertise...anywhere. We met Mary and Joe out of NYC a few years ago who were regularly called with deals. They told us about how Carnival tries to say they're always full, or that the rates don't go lower, but they really do. We also had friends down in Florida who went to the Carnival office, asked what they had available, and were able to get one of the larger suites for a fraction of the cost. (That was many years ago though.)

When I lived in Miami, I got a call from my PVP at 10am asking me if I'd be interested in sailing that afternoon to the Bahamas for 3 nights for $99. I said yes, called my wife and told her to put together a backpack with essentials for 3 days (literally, underwear, bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts and toiletries).

Literally, 2 hours after I received that call, we were on the Lido deck, sipping on fru-fru drinks. :D

The Splendor has rate drops going on right now. I'm just about to pick up 1-28 which is about $820 for 2. This is what I consider a great rate, even if it goes lower. The thing about those "rock bottom" rates, it's all about HINDSIGHT. You don't know what is going to happen after you book.

Currently - you don't see people talking about 24 hour notices with the give away rates. The above claims, don't appear to be anything recent. IF you truly want to know, if this is an option-, then call Carnival this week , the day before a ship sailing and ASK. All the replies here are speculation at this time, it appears.