Carnival & The Miami Heat pledge 1 Million dollars!!

Litewait

Wow~ How amazing is this. So glad they are doing this!!:D

CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC AND THE MIAMI HEAT PLEDGE TO DONATE AT LEAST $1 MILLION FOR PHILIPPINES TYPHOON RELIEF EFFORTS

MIAMI (November 12, 2013) – Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) and the Miami HEAT today announced that Carnival Corporation & plc, its 10 cruise brands and the Carnival Foundation will team up with the two-time defending NBA Champion Miami HEAT in making a pledge to donate at least $1 million to support relief efforts in communities affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. Miami HEAT owner Micky Arison is also the chairman of Carnival Corporation & plc.

“All of us at Carnival and the Miami HEAT extend our deepest sympathy to the Philippines and its people,” Arison said. “The typhoon in the Philippines has caused massive destruction, and is having a tragic impact on people and families, including those members of our extended Carnival family who reside in the region. We are in the process of evaluating a variety of worthy organizations that are doing fantastic work in the Philippines. In addition to providing financial support for relief efforts, our collective thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have been impacted.”

"We would like to extend our condolences to the victims in the Philippines, an area I hold close to my heart and have visited four times in the last five years,” said Miami HEAT Head Coach Erik Spoelstra, a Filipino American. “It is vitally important that we do everything possible to help those impacted by this tragedy. My thanks and appreciation to Carnival, Micky Arison and the entire Miami HEAT organization. We value the many fans that we have over there, and we will keep them in our thoughts and prayers."

In addition to pledges, each of Carnival Corporation & plc’s brands and its employees will continue to support the ongoing relief efforts through local fundraising and other aid initiatives.

That’s wonderful news and I am proud that we have done this. If you are sailing over the next few weeks and you see a crew member who has the word “ Philippines” on his or her nametag please, if you can, talk to them, ask them how their families are because that gesture alone will I promise, mean so much

I love this! Good job Carnival PLC and the Heat. I sent my Red Cross donation in today. It was not quite $1M.

I remember sailing on Royal Caribbean to Labadee just a month after the earthquake. The ship unloaded so many supplies to help out, and I know Royal also donated funds.

This is the first large organization that I've heard that has donated. I'm hoping to hear about more. There were so many that stepped up for Haiti. The city that has experienced 10K casualties is my family's hometown and where I was born.

This is the first large organization that I've heard that has donated. I'm hoping to hear about more. There were so many that stepped up for Haiti. The city that has experienced 10K casualties is my family's hometown and where I was born.

First payers to your friends and family. So many of the best are from the Phillipines. I can't imagine carrying on with a job if something may have happened to my family. The not knowing has to be the worst.

Carnival also gave the crew internet and phone access and emotional help.