Who to contact after refund never shows up?

Let's start off by saying right now I feel that Crown & Anchor is useless in helping me so it's time to email someone as Royal is holding my money hostage!

4/26 I booked an excursion online with Royal for my Dec Cruise (my daughters Birthday BTW)

9/27 THEY canceled the excursion and said our money would be refunded (my Birthday LOL)

After over 2 hours on the the phone with 4 different calls I keep being told to wait. 1st call refused to talk to me since I have a TA. I explained I booked the excursion direct with them, paid THEM, yet she refused to talk to me. Even said that she couldn't tell me when they tried to give the money back that I had to call BOA. Called BOA, no refunds have been processed or submitted. In usual Royal protocol the answer is to call back, which I did. I explained my parents are on the same sailing and had their refund in 3 days but ours is still yet to appear. Said they sent a request to resolutions and I would have my money back in a week. Yup you guessed it still nothing. Called again and got the sure it will process in a week. :eek: Still nothing! They canceled the excursion over 6 weeks ago NOT ME yet they continue to hold my money hostage, who would you email? Tired of phone calls that are getting me no where!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Edited by CruisinDawn

Let's start off by saying right now I feel that Crown & Anchor is useless in helping me so it's time to email someone as Royal is holding my money hostage!

4/26 I booked an excursion online with Royal for my Dec Cruise (my daughters Birthday BTW)

9/27 THEY canceled the excursion and said our money would be refunded (my Birthday LOL)

After over 2 hours on the the phone with 4 different calls I keep being told to wait. 1st call refused to talk to me since I have a TA. I explained I booked the excursion direct with them, paid THEM, yet she refused to talk to me. Even said that she couldn't tell me when they tried to give the money back that I had to call BOA. Called BOA, no refunds have been processed or submitted. In usual Royal protocol the answer is to call back, which I did. I explained my parents are on the same sailing and had their refund in 3 days but ours is still yet to appear. Said they sent a request to resolutions and I would have my money back in a week. Yup you guessed it still nothing. Called again and got the sure it will process in a week. :eek: Still nothing! They canceled the excursion over 6 weeks ago NOT ME yet they continue to hold my money hostage, who would you email? Tired of phone calls that are getting me no where!

BonVoyage

Dawna

And not RCL's reservations 800 number??????? Edited by Thetrail

And not RCL's reservations 800 number???????

I talked to Crown & Anchor, was told LT would handle it in Resolutions then spoke with Kayla in resolutions, still nothing. :mad: Note: My parents also used their Royal Caribbean Visa from BOA so were both dealing with the same company even though we have both moved on with the changes. :rolleyes:

BonVoyage

Dawna

After all you have been through I would suggest an e-mail to

agoldstein@rccl.com

Thanks, will start composing a letter. I don't think I con contest it with BOA at this point because it's been almost 7 months since the charge. Otherwise I would have done that and let them duke it out. Tired of dealing with it and just my credit.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Since you are paying the TA to work for you, let him/her do the work. Let him sit on hold and argue. For all you know, he is the one holding up the refund anyway.
My Visa information is personal between me & Royal, not my TA. Do you book excursions through your TA? My TA doesn't know what I book and I personally feel the cabin, dining time and possibly prepaid tips are his problem not my excursions. Never even knew that was an option and even if it is I prefer to handle what I want to do onshore myself. My TA doesn't know what I booked, when I booked it, what Visa I used to book it, why it was cancelled and if I wanted to book anything else. Why repeat the story over & over when I have the facts in my head and he has no clue. I love my TA but don't think that is what he is there for.

So TA's is that something you would call Royal for if I was your client? Just curious?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Since you are paying the TA to work for you, let him/her do the work. Let him sit on hold and argue. For all you know, he is the one holding up the refund anyway.

Why would the TA be holding up the refund, when the TA did not book the excursion for Dawna?? When you book excursions, independently, prior to boarding, you pay for that excursion at the time of booking with a credit card. It does not go through a TA.

If you cancel prior to boarding, the credit is supposed to be applied directly back to the credit card used. If the excursion is canceled by RCI, then a refund is also supposed to be applied back to the credit card used.

Even when using a TA, there are things that can be done without going through them like booking excursions and Choice Air.

Edited by cruisenfever

My thoughts exactly.... I never use a TA because of hassle if a problem comes up. But, if one feels they need a TA, let them earn their commission.

Edited by edjny

I wonder if they are going to give you the refund as an OBC on your account. I would ask your TA to check your reservation and see if he/she can see it.

But wouldn't they have done that with her parents refund as well?

OP stated:

I explained my parents are on the same sailing and had their refund in 3 days but ours is still yet to appear.

Note: My parents also used their Royal Caribbean Visa from BOA so were both dealing with the same company even though we have both moved on with the changes.

I would think it would be common practice to handle all refunds in the same way, no? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be snarky. I'm not familiar with this kind of thing...

I would continue to hound RCI at their "reservations" number. I, too, had an excursion cancelled back in September for a December cruise and the credit showed up on my credit card statement that very same month.

Good luck and hope you have a fabulous cruise!:)

Well I feel your pain because I am going through exactly the same thing. I booked the excursion through the website originally and when I changed my reservation through my travel agent because the price went down RCI sent me an email cancelling my excursion. Well that was October 12th. When I called them they said sometimes it just takes awhile and I should just sit tight. It might take a full cycle on my credit card. (It's been longer than that now) Um, yeah it's my money that I want to pay back on my credit card because I had to pay for the excursion again when I rebooked it with the new ressie. Driving me nuts!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just curious but did the amount that was refunded to your parents card include your refund as well? Stranger things have been known to happen.

Strange, any excursions cancelled onboard have always be credited to our sea pass account.

Have they changed policy or did someone just process the refunds wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

a) OP is talking about an excursion for a cruise that doesn't leave until next month.

b) On a cruise earlier this year, my sister fell ill and had to cancel two excursions while onboard. They were credited back to her credit card.

Strange, any excursions cancelled onboard have always be credited to our sea pass account.

Have they changed policy or did someone just process the refunds wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

The OP's cruise is in December, which means she hasn't left home yet.

She pre-booked the excursion from home in April paying for it with a credit card.

RCI has canceled the excursion in September but has yet to refund her the money in the form of a credit back on her credit card.