International Pay Before You Go Cell Phones

knittinggirl

Anybody know where I can get an international cell phone I can load with a balance to use out of the country? I looked into the Mobal, but if someone steals it they can ring up a pretty large charge in too short a time.

Quite often you can buy SIM Cards for cells for international use. These are bought in the country you are visiting . They have limited amount of time given on purchase. When the time runs out you usually have to buy another SIM card. The phone has to be compatible with the cell system where you are traveling.

Go on Ebay and look for a cheap, unlocked quad-band phone. It has to be a quad-band to be able to communicate on different bandwidths around the world. Then, you just buy SIM cards to meet your needs… That's why I've kept my trusty Motorola RAZR phone (I've had it since 2006)!!! It's not a smartphone - you don't need one to just have a phone handy.