crown and anchor

We cruised to Alaska four years ago and are now taking our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. I called today to sign up and get credit for our first cruise and the lady said we would get credit automatically for the second one when we board the ship. She told us a goodie bag would be waiting for us because we have joined. Where will we get this bag? Will it be in our rooms? Also what will this bag contain? Will we get the coupons everyone talks about in this bag? Another question I have is that my children (teens) will be booked in an inside on deck 6 and my husband and I will be booked on deck 8. Will we be at different mustering stations? Thank you for any help. Donna

I did not have a goodie bag. They did deliver a Crown and Anchor gift to the cabin during the cruise. All three times it has been a toiletry bag with the ships name on the bag.

Your muster station will depend on the location of the cabins. Did you ask the TA to keep your cabins close? If not I would ask for this to be done.

Donna, I would call RCCL back (assuming you booked directly and not through a TA) and ask for your C&A numbers, just to be sure they are applied to your reservation. If you used a TA, he/she should do this for you.

If you are C&A you should have been receiving the member magazine with various offers over the years...and since you have NOT, that makes me question if they really do have a C&A number tied in with your reservation. Worth a second check, IMHO. :)

cruising gator

We just moved from a four person inside to two insides. Its not worth the aggravation for 200$ extra. Unfortunatley they had no rooms close to each other. They moved us because we were in the four person inside to an inside that can now only hold two or we would have been on the same deck.

Ella

We just called to get credit for the previous cruise today. We never thought to do it before because we did not think we would ever cruise again so that is probably why we never received the magazine or anything else. Do you think I will still get a coupon book for the onboard kind of things like the free trip to Johnny Rockets, etc.

Thank you both for your info. Donna

When you fill out your boarding documents online, make sure you indicate your crown and anchor numbers in the appropriate spots on the form. If you don't know your numbers call RCI back and ask for them. You should get both the welcome back gift (on the Mariner in May it was a RCI bag for each of us) and your Gold coupon book. If they don't show up by the second day ask your room steward or go to the loyalty ambassador and report the problem.

We just got off the Voyager and received our C&A discount book when we arrived in our cabin. A few days later we received post cards then the next day we received canvas tote bags that were embroidered with the ships name on it

I have another question that hopefully someone out there can answer for me.

I signed both my DH and myself up for the C&A. We are getting our book with the coupons sent whenever they issue them. I noticed that it has one C&A # on it but it lists both of our names. Does that mean that when we sail on the Seranade in October that we will both receive the gifts? Shouldn't we each have our own #? I mean, god forbid that something should happen to either one of us, it would be nice to be assured that we have our own number. Can anyone give me more info about this?

I signed up in December following our cruise in Oct. When I signed up I thought both my wife and I were members I got a card but my wife didn't I just thought that was the way it was. I called my TA last week to make final payment on our MOS 10/02 cruise, we found out my wife was not a member. I called RCCL and within 90 seconds I had a number for her and it was applied to our next cruise.

I have another question that hopefully someone out there can answer for me.

I signed both my DH and myself up for the C&A. We are getting our book with the coupons sent whenever they issue them. I noticed that it has one C&A # on it but it lists both of our names. Does that mean that when we sail on the Seranade in October that we will both receive the gifts? Shouldn't we each have our own #? I mean, god forbid that something should happen to either one of us, it would be nice to be assured that we have our own number. Can anyone give me more info about this?

We are the same as you, when the Magazine arrives the magazine label has both our names on it but only one C&A number (mine), but both numbers are on the coupons though. We do get two gifts and coupon books on all of our cruises.

Mike

I am a first time cruiser and am wondering if I will be able to sign up for the C&A while on board. Can anyone tell me at what point I can sign up? Final payment was made in June. I am sailing in September, GS, 9 day out of Baltimore. Does the GS get extra credit?

Thanks for your help! :)

Davidaperryman,

My children are 18 and 19. One is in college and the other one is leaving for college in August. They are not young teens so obviously I do not really have to supervise them at all times.

However, as you have found out (or will), RCI will insist on putting a 21+ in each cabin, so you or your husband will claim to be in one cabin that your kids are in. I went through this with my kids last time and was going to this time (they are 14 and 18) but we got lucky and my TA waitlisted me and found a 2nd inside cabin right next to ours, so we are both on deck 8 (at which point they can be in their own cabin since it is next to us). Suggest you have your TA waitlist you in case something opens up. Makes life much easier. BTW given the age of your kids, I'd just let them do the mustering at their own station. Last time we cruised was 3 years ago, and at that point our kids were in a different area than us (their cabin was around the corner and down the aisle) and we got to our station late because we all went together.

C&A question: there's no coupon for free Ben & Jerry's ice cream, is there? We are sailing on Grandeur and there is no Johnny Rockets.

I am a first time cruiser and am wondering if I will be able to sign up for the C&A while on board.

Does the GS get extra credit?

Yes, you can sign up while on board. The steward brought us a C&A brochure late during our first cruise that had an application in it. You can also find the brochures at Guest Relations and there is a drop box nearby to put your application in. And, yes, a GS qualifies for 2 cruise credits.

C&A question: there's no coupon for free Ben & Jerry's ice cream, is there?
We had a B&J's coupon on our Rhapsody cruise in December. Couldn't use it though because B&J's hadn't opened yet. I think it was for a free scoop.

Does anybody know for sure if Royal Caribbean's crown & anchor club honors it's sister's line, Celebrity's captian club points ? I've seen conflicting post and can't get a straight answer for the TA.

Thanks.

Sailing Rhapsody 1/29/06.

Does anybody know for sure if Royal Caribbean's crown & anchor club honors it's sister's line, Celebrity's captian club points ? I've seen conflicting post and can't get a straight answer for the TA.

Thanks.

Sailing Rhapsody 1/29/06.

It is not a matter of honoring points. You are simply afforded the same benefits on RCI as on Celebrity. Your status is honored but points earned are exclusively on the line you sail.

A quick call to C&A will explain it exactly.

Thanks for rapid response.

But for those of us a bit slow, or maybe it's just me. If I have three different sailings on Celebrity, does that mean my upcoming cruise on Royal Caribbean will count as number 4 for both lines ?

Perhaps a call is in order.

Thanks again.

No, it will not give you four credits on each line. It will be a c&a credit for rccl, but not for cc. I believe, of course I could be wrong.:eek: Your benefits will be matched on both lines once you have completed five cruises on either line.

In other words if you take a rccl cruise it doesn't give you credit for a celebrity cruise and vise versa. It will only give you equal benefits on each line once you have become platinum on either line. I hope I am making since.;)

Carrie

Thanks for rapid response.

But for those of us a bit slow, or maybe it's just me. If I have three different sailings on Celebrity, does that mean my upcoming cruise on Royal Caribbean will count as number 4 for both lines ?

Perhaps a call is in order.

Thanks again.

No, it will count only towards your RCI C&A status.

The programs are distinct, it is simply a courtesy extended between sister lines.

Donna, let me try it another way. Once you have achieved platinum status on Royal, you are considered select status in the Captain's Club when you sail Celebrity. And vice-versa, of course. You can't combine Celebrity cruises and Royal cruises to get there, but once you have achieved that level on one, it's as though you had achieved that same level on the other.

Carol

Archived