Insignia Stateroom #4001

brianj45

Guest Jancruz

Brian, it sounds like you had a guarantee and were given that room..truthfully it is not one of the cabins on the ships I would suggest..ask your TA to try for another..

Jan:)

Brian, it sounds like you had a guarantee and were given that room..truthfully it is not one of the cabins on the ships I would suggest..ask your TA to try for another..

Jan - May I ask why you would not suggest this cabin, I will be sailing on the Insignia shortly too and my cabin is not too far from this one - 4015. Is this also one you would not have suggested?

My brother stayed in vista suite, which is quite a bit further forward than 4001, and loved the location.

I think he may have been on another cruiseline!

There is nothing forward of 4001!

You will certainly feel more pitch there than mid-ships, and you are close to the anchor chainway - might be noisy. Bow thrusters will probably be very noticeable there, also.

I'd move, if I could.

Since cabin 4001 is below 6017 & 7015, it is indeed back from 7005, and so far, I haven't heard too many negative comments about the suites. It's puzzling why 7006 & 7007 always seem to be some of the first C1 cabins sold, unless it is because they are larger than the other cabins on deck 4. Brian, wherever you rest on board, I hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Guest Jancruz

"It's puzzling why 7006 & 7007 always seem to be some of the first C1 cabins sold, unless it is because they are larger than the other cabins on deck 4. "

These two cabins and two on deck 6 ..are much larger than the standard outside cabins..over 200 square feet..they are next to the Vista Suites and the balcony is "inside" the room

Guest Jancruz
what do you mean inside the room?

I knew you would ask Claudia LOL...the room that was used for the balconies..is used inside 4 staterooms on the ship..I guess the balconies would not have been large enough or funny shapes..

Love,

Jan;)

Jan

Thanks for the information. This is our 11th cruise, but first time on Oceania. We are really looking forward to it. The itinerary is wonderful, some old ports and lots of new ones for us. Thanks again.

Norma

Guest Jancruz

No problem..I am always happy to answer any questions..I will be on my 11th Oceania cruise 1/13/06

Brian -

My wife and I are in cabin 3001 on the Regatta next March Miami-Barcelona - at our request. Noise from the chain locker or anchor raising should happen only in Funchal, if we don't dock there.

Motion? We are sort of looking forward to it. On our Caribbean cruise the sea was disaapointingly smooth, like a mill pond. I want to feel that I'm on a ship, and I am sure the Atlantic won't disappoint us. I think as long as we cannot see fish swimming by our port hole, we'll be OK.:)

BtW: For my wife's 65th birthday we went sail plane flying. Strange people. So, we'll see how we feel, once we arrive in Europe.

My wife and I are booked on an upcoming Oceania Cruise and have been assigned Stateroom 4001. Has anyone stayed in this st

ateroom? Any comments?

BRIAN

ANY CABIN ON OCEANIA IS A GOOD CABIN. WHAT A GREAT CRUISE LINE.

HOWEVER, IN ROUGH WATERS, YOU WILL ROCK AND ROLL. MY WIFE AND I ENJOYED CABIN 7001 IMMENSLY, BUT ON CHOPPY DAYS IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC, WE WERE ROCKED TO SLEEP.OCEANIA SHIPS ARE SMALLER BUT WONDERFUL. ENJOY IT!

Archived