Linking Reservations

Chelley00

We are planning our first NCL cruise with a group of friends and have a couple of questions

#1 Can we link our reservations even though some booked through a TA and others booked directly through NCL?

#2 If we can, is there any reason to link them since we won't have dining table assignments like you can on other cruise lines?

We are planning our first NCL cruise with a group of friends and have a couple of questions

#1 Can we link our reservations even though some booked through a TA and others booked directly through NCL?

#2 If we can, is there any reason to link them since we won't have dining table assignments like you can on other cruise lines?

we only linked ours in case we booked an NCL trip so we were put on the same coach/bus - then didn't book anything

My parents and I linked our reservations. We booked through NCL. My parents through a TA.

From my understanding it makes dealing with multiple booking easier for the NCL reps. Can sometimes help in upgrades if the upsell fairy is in a good mood that day.

Important note -- if your reservations are linked, that means if anyone wants to purchase an alcohol beverage package, everyone 21+ must purchase it, even those in other cabins via a linked reservation.

From what I understand ... these linked reservations are for dinner only.

The 21+ alcohol beverage package only applies to anyone in the same cabin with you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

Linking reservations has nothing to do with UBP. Only thing that matters is the same cabin or if in different cabin, the same payment method. So as long as every cabin has different payment method, they can decide about UBP on per cabin basis.

From UBP T&C: "Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise."

Edited by Demonyte

We are a group of six (three couples) who might eat together at a couple of specialty restaurants during the cruise and might take a couple of excursions together.

My husband and I are in the Haven, while the others are not, so this means we have access to a concierge. Reading this post, I'm thinking that linking our reservations be helpful if we make dinner reservations or a NCL excursion. Is this something we should do? I've never cruised before and so much of this little stuff I'm still trying to wrap my head around. :D

We are a group of six (three couples) who might eat together at a couple of specialty restaurants during the cruise and might take a couple of excursions together.

My husband and I are in the Haven, while the others are not, so this means we have access to a concierge. Reading this post, I'm thinking that linking our reservations be helpful if we make dinner reservations or a NCL excursion. Is this something we should do? I've never cruised before and so much of this little stuff I'm still trying to wrap my head around. :D

With six people I'd say that you have nothing to worry about, especially since you can make all the reservations onboard through the concierge.

Also it doesn't matter if you make the reservation for the group of six, everybody can pay just as they please, so no need to worry that you'd have to pay all six cover charges. This of course doesn't apply to pre-bookings that need to be paid online with credit card for everyone as one group, but as you have concierge access, I don't see any reason to prebook speciality restaurants before the cruise.

What comes to ship's excursions, I can't help you with that - we've only booked those on our early cruises with only one other couple and never had any problems even though the reservations were not linked together.

We linked two reservations for our recent Star cruise. One party was in a suite, and the other wasn't. I had read somewhere here on CC that it might help during check-in so that we could all stay together and board together.

As it turned out, we were able to check-in and board together... no problem. I don't know, however, it it mattered that our reservations were linked.

We linked two reservations for our recent Star cruise. One party was in a suite, and the other wasn't. I had read somewhere here on CC that it might help during check-in so that we could all stay together and board together.

As it turned out, we were able to check-in and board together... no problem. I don't know, however, it it mattered that our reservations were linked.

Thanks for this information. As you mentioned, you're not certain if it was because you were linked or not, but it is something we will do just in case.

My mom has been adament about not taking advantage of the fact that we are in a suite, but I think it would be nice if we could be checked in together -- even if it means we wait in a longer line with them. My mom has vertigo, however, and has trouble standing in line (walking isn't much of an issue -- just being still), so traveling can be a bit of a trial to her and a reduced line (if possible) would be outstanding.

My mom has been adament about not taking advantage of the fact that we are in a suite, but I think it would be nice if we could be checked in together -- even if it means we wait in a longer line with them.

You can certainly check in with your non-suite traveling party in the suite line. It's done all the time. ;)

We linked together and each cabin got OBC for a group booking!

To get real group perks (there is a list of possible group amenities of which obc is one), the group needs to be at least 8 cabins with double occupancy. One can be a part of a group booking through a TA and even not know about it, so linking has nothing to do with either.

TAs can also give obc from their commission starting from only one cabin but reservations need not to be linked at NCL's end for that to happen.