Wine - port of Miami

sippican

Parking provided by the Port of Miami is right across from the ship. Easy walk and if you don't feel like walking they have a shuttle that goes around the loop.

Took me less than 5 minutes to walk to my car when I disembarked last week.

So you go through checkpoint and then head back out? What do you do with the bags? This I need to know... I'm leaving next week and this is a new one for me.

The port parking and check in are literally right next to each other.

Put your bags in your cabin -- if you have to wait until 1:30 to go back to your car the wine will still be there. Even better the lines to get on the ship will be non-existent.

Put your bags in your cabin -- if you have to wait until 1:30 to go back to your car the wine will still be there. Even better the lines to get on the ship will be non-existent.

You just may be a genius!! LOL. I think I'm way to lazy for all that, but it's an excellent idea.

I must be slow today.. Not sure the purpose here????

Ist trip on = 2 bottles of wine

2nd trip + 2 more bottles = 4 bottles of wine

etc.

(You can continue to add soda and water also if desired).

Worked well in San Juan.

Thanks to everyone for the info. :)

Ist trip on = 2 bottles of wine

2nd trip + 2 more bottles = 4 bottles of wine

etc.

(You can continue to add soda and water also if desired).

Worked well in San Juan.

Thanks to everyone for the info. :)

Really??? You've already got your S&S card binged yourself on board & binged yourself off at the same port prior to sailing.

They know you've boarded with your carryon once already but they will let you re board with no more checking or questions?

Heck I could start a courier service at the port!! Call in your order & it'll be ready for you in the lot:D

Edited by eltigre

So you go through checkpoint and then head back out? What do you do with the bags? This I need to know... I'm leaving next week and this is a new one for me.

The port parking and check in are literally right next to each other.

If you're staying in the same cabin on a B2B, you just leave your bags in the cabin.

Really??? You've already got your S&S card binged yourself on board & binged yourself off at the same port prior to sailing.

They know you've boarded with your carryon once already but they will let you re board with no more checking or questions?

Heck I could start a courier service at the port!! Call in your order & it'll be ready for you in the lot:D

The only people who know you have wine in your bag the first time would be checkpoint. Once you get beyond that, your never asked again. Again, I'm way to lazy for it, LOL.

How did you get bottles back on board from San Juan?

We just checked in, ate lunch, went to the cabin, unloaded and disembarked, We walked to CVS, bought more soda and wine, put them in our backpacks and went back to the ship. We placed the bags on the screen belt, through the scanner, picked them back up, and walked onboard. No questions. They really have no way of knowing if you brought anything onboard during your initial check-in, nor did they seem to care.

In San Juan, there is hard alcohol available right in the terminal. We saw many purchasing bottles, placing them in bags after being screened, then walking right on.