RCCL Letter regarding cancelled Allure sailing

Loyal2RCCL

LOL.

Offering a full refund?

You write that as if RCL is being magnanimous in giving people back their money. (As if they could cancel the cruise and keep the money, too, lol. :rolleyes:)

You RCL fanboys are hilarious.

You should go to Disboards - they have the mouse tattooed across their chests :D

My family was scheduled to be on the cancelled cruise, and I have to admit, I was panicked, and we didn't even have flights to worry about. Trying to coordinate time off between three working adults is difficult enough, I feel for those who are having to completely re-arrange everything. I contacted our travel agent on Friday, late in the day when I found out about the dry docking situation, and she knew nothing of what was going on. Thankfully, someone posted the letter with the alternate dates on it and we were able to get a re-booking this morning in the same stateroom category on the Oasis leaving Feb.22nd. This could not have worked out better and I have to give RCCL kudos for trying to make amends for the situation. This is why I love RCCL! We are looking forward to our adventure, with a better itinerary! Good luck to everyone else, I hope it works out for you as well!

One thing I haven't seen addressed is the situation we found ourselves in----we were back to back. Feb 23 then March 2; both on the Allure. None of the sailings they offered accommodated us in that regard. We had also worked diligently to get great flights non-stop d.c. To fll for $222. The change and fare difference came to $454. But my TA was able to get RC to book the March 9 sailing on the Allure at the same rate as the cancelled sailing. The room isn't quite as good, but it's still aCentral Park balcony, which is what we had, just not quite as central. A couple more phone calls and she got the $200 OBC. I applied today for the airline change fee, so we may only be out about $224 if they pay the fees, but nothing toward the fare change.

Now I have to grovel at work and make about 60 phone calls to rearrange dental hygiene patients who have booked their apps with me months in advance.

BUT, I think RC has been pretty good overall. I know this is not easy on either end. For them it's business and the bottom line and for many of us it's a vacation, often the only one we'll get for a year, and that gets emotional.

Have you talked to the hotel to see if they will adjust your dates? In the hotel industry, non-refundable doesn't necessarily mean non-negotiable.

Not if one books through Priceline or one of the other bidding websites.

I think that the offer is fair, but I do think that RCI should offer to reimburse actual airline change fees (not fare changes, just the change fees). I think that the $150 came into effect when the airlines made those changes a few years ago, and RCI just hasn't gotten the memo that they've gone up yet again. And international fees are up to $300 now, in case anybody from RCI is reading....