Transportation needed from Miami airport

Macdl

Just wondering if you can take an airport shuttle bus from Miami Airport to hotel on Miami Beach(Riu Miami)

Then hoping to get shuttle from hotel to cruise port in Fort Lauderdale the next day . Have checked taxi but it is very expensive . Thanks

Is it too late to make/change your reservations for Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami? I think you are in Halifax, and there are lots of routings into FLL with Air Canada, West Jet and Delta. Although Miami isn't that much further, flight costs are higher and then you have to factor in the more expensive shuttle over to Port Everglades (and presumably back at the end of the cruise).

Good luck!

Is it too late to make/change your reservations for Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami? I think you are in Halifax, and there are lots of routings into FLL with Air Canada, West Jet and Delta. Although Miami isn't that much further, flight costs are higher and then you have to factor in the more expensive shuttle over to Port Everglades (and presumably back at the end of the cruise).

Good luck!

We tried to fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale but everything was booked up... We are using airmiles ...we are actually flying from Charlottetown ,Prince Edward Island

Thanks

Edited by Macdl

We tried to fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale but everything was booked up... We are using airmiles ...we are actually flying from Charlottetown ,Prince Edward Island

Thanks

Understood. Using air miles can be a bit more of a challenge, especially, in my experience, if you are flying Air Canada.

Enjoy your cruise!

Understood. Using air miles can be a bit more of a challenge, especially, in my experience, if you are flying Air Canada.

Woah, agreed. They have you jumping all over the place - it is always the longest route possible but at least if you book business class, you can use the Maple Leaf Lounges in each airport.

Taxi from MIA to South Beach will be $32+ You can take the Airport Flyer bus from MIA to SB for $2.35 each: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

From your SB hotel to Port Everglades will be close to an $80-85+ :eek: cab ride; you can try some of the FLL based shuttle services (Go Airport, MJS, QLS, etc.) - I would call the hotel to see if they can suggest a local transportation solution.

If you are not welded to the idea of staying in SB you can ride the Tri-Rail from MIA to the FLL stop for under $5 each and then cab to an area hotel. Good luck! :)

Thanks for th information. We are flying into MIA and are staying in FLL for two night before our Silhouette cruise. Flying into MIA was $300 pp less than flying into FLL. So if we spend $100 to get to FLL then the savings are still substantial!:D. Rather spend that on excursions etc.

snow bunny

Just wondering if you can take an airport shuttle bus from Miami Airport to hotel on Miami Beach(Riu Miami)

Then hoping to get shuttle from hotel to cruise port in Fort Lauderdale the next day . Have checked taxi but it is very expensive . Thanks

Have you considered the cost of renting a vehicle with a pick up at the MIA airport and drop off next day in Fort Lauderdale - or stay in Fort Lauderdale possibly cheaper?

For me and my wife, and her parents - I figured it would be cheaper to rent a vehicle for the four of us and save on transfer / shuttle fees. This way we can see a bit of Miami before our cruise.

Have you considered the cost of renting a vehicle with a pick up at the MIA airport and drop off next day in Fort Lauderdale - or stay in Fort Lauderdale possibly cheaper?

For me and my wife, and her parents - I figured it would be cheaper to rent a vehicle for the four of us and save on transfer / shuttle fees. This way we can see a bit of Miami before our cruise.

While a car rental can save money (and give you some flex in your dining options) the OP was staying in SB for one night where hotels generaly charge $25-35+ :eek: for parking.

Might be more convenient and cost less to switch hotels to Fort Lauderdale beach. Then take Super Shuttle from the MIA airport to your hotel and then the hotel shuttle to Port Everglades (often free or a $10-15 taxi fare). Many Fort Lauderdale hotel recommendations on the Florida departures section of these boards.

If you need to keep your Miami hotel then check if Super Shuttle will take you from your hotel to Port Everglades. We've had great service using them from MIA airport to the port

Thanks for th information. We are flying into MIA and are staying in FLL for two night before our Silhouette cruise. Flying into MIA was $300 pp less than flying into FLL. So if we spend $100 to get to FLL then the savings are still substantial!:D. Rather spend that on excursions etc.

snow bunny

We are doing this same thing in Jan. b/c we are using a companion ticket. Now I am trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to get to the hotel in FLL where we will be for 3 nights pre-cruise. Have you figured it out yet?

We are doing this same thing in Jan. b/c we are using a companion ticket. Now I am trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to get to the hotel in FLL where we will be for 3 nights pre-cruise. Have you figured it out yet?

Cheapest option is to ride the Tri-Rail from MIA to the FLL station (under $5 each) and then cab to your hotel. Next best option will be a one-way car rental (MIA to FLL). Good luck. :)

Cheapest option is to ride the Tri-Rail from MIA to the FLL station (under $5 each) and then cab to your hotel. Next best option will be a one-way car rental (MIA to FLL). Good luck. :)

As indicated the cheapest way is the Tri-Rail but since we are getting in after 9 pm we are limited in our options. We are looking at hiring a sedan as the cost does not seem to be that much more than taking the shuttle. The cost of a car is almost the same and then we would have to pay for parking at our hotel

snow bunny

we just got back from cruise,we flew into fll and got a shuttle from JR shuttles to pom and then he picked us up after cruise and took us to mia airport, very good and cheap. check them out.

Dallas, thanks. This is looking like a very good option!