Do more expensive rooms= better cabin service?

orleanna1521

Do you feel that a more expensive stateroom gets you better service from the cabin steward?

I have sailed in interior, balcony and suite rooms. I will say that some stewards seem better than others but one of our all time favorite stewards was when we were in a interior room on riveria deck.

Just wondering if other people had similar experiences?

I agree, it depends on the individual you get. 3 cruises always lowest deck insides and we have gotten varied stewards. Normally I see my steward 2-3 times over 7 days, last cruise was once, he missed our room one night, morning towels and morning trash and trays still out as we went to bed. He also disliked towel animals only leaving a couple over 7 days...I will add he get the ice filled though.... love that priority actually :)

I have had mostly aft cabins and the service has been 80% fantastic and 20%so so...

I have given $20 tip upon meeting my room stewards n got so so service and given zero tip upon meeting my room steward and received fantastic service...

Great service which only includes keeping our ice filled...gets them extra $$$... Some get it,, some do not.

This has been my experiences over the past 10 cruises.

I definitely don't think so! Our best stewards were taking care of us when we were sailing on an lower deck in an interior or PT cabin. We had a ninja steward that was adequate but we NEVER saw him in 8 days while staying in a balcony on a top deck. When we've had balconies it is the same steward that is taking care of the Interior cabins across the hall. It's like anything else, some are excellent and other are mediocre. You may get someone on the best week they've had in a while or on their last cruise before long overdue vacation. I've never had a BAD experience, but some have definitely shined brighter, and cabin type or location seemed to have nothing to do with it. :-)

We always get a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. Only once did we have a less than normal cabin steward. We went two days without having our cabin cleaned or even the bed made or new towels. He finally showed up one day and said that his helpers jumped ship at the first port and he had to take care of all of the cabins by himself.

We didn't complain because we keep the cabin clean ourselves but it would have been nice to have clean towels those days.

I can say that the cabin steward we had on the Pride in our suite was the BEST we've experienced on both Carnival and NCL. He was so attentive, respectful, helpful...it was fabulous. We loved him and talk about him often - he really helped us a lot during that week.

We've only sailed in balcony rooms (and the suite that one time), and our service has always been great.

We're sailing on the Fascination for the first time in an interior in February - I don't expect the level of my room servicing to change. I think it will be the same Carnival friendliness and efficiency!

In years past we did several cruises with a cabin on the Verandah Deck on Fantasy class ships. It seemed that the cabin stewards were a notch above other decks. The Verandah deck has 26 "suites" and 8 interior cabins for a grand total of 34 cabins. Many times the interior are linked to one of the suites in that someone has children staying across the hall from the balcony suite. Maybe the stewards has less cabins? All I know is every time I've stayed on that deck the service has been great. The difference between Empress, Upper, Main or Riviera seems to come from the steward and not from location.

Has anyone noticed a difference on the "spa" decks or the spa cabins (either regular or suite)?

Edited by bobsfamily

In years past we did several cruises with a cabin on the Verandah Deck on Fantasy class ships. It seemed that the cabin stewards were a notch above other decks. The Verandah deck has 26 "suites" and 8 interior cabins for a grand total of 34 cabins. Many times the interior are linked to one of the suites in that someone has children staying across the hall from the balcony suite. Maybe the stewards has less cabins? All I know is every time I've stayed on that deck the service has been great. The difference between Empress, Upper, Main or Riviera seems to come from the steward and not from location.

Has anyone noticed a difference on the "spa" decks or the spa cabins (either regular or suite)?

OH YES , recently off the Breeze and had the worse ( Deck eleven ) cabin steward yet.

Table not cleaned dirty dinner glass ( 1 ) . Yellow towels left on the floor from past guest finally removed the second day after we requested only.

Had to request ice everyday, usually just went to Lido myself .. No bedroom shoes, had to request that as well. Floor not vacuumed . Dirty pillow case ( Lipstick ) from past guest.

No turn down, it gets worse :( so I'll stop here.

Edited by Cruizinman

I've had everything from a 1-A inside with upper/lower, to an Ocean Suite, and I too, find that the service is equal on any cabin I've had. Actually, I can't think of anytime I ever had less than EXCELLENT service from my cabin steward. Carnival does an outstanding job IMO.

"SKY"

I've been in Riviera cabins and Verandah cabins. No difference except some are just better than others.

Last was 7250 on Legend. Worst steward, Vladimir, in a long time. I think he had a race going to see how fast he could do his section and only spent minutes cleaning. Found a crumpled sheet on the sofa once. Ice cooler not filled for 3 days without asking--after leaving a note, it was done daily although it wasn't filled and I had to go to Lido for more ice. Stingy with towels, washcloths. I knew if I left the pool towel neatly folded, even after I'd used it, he'd leave it for the next guest so I rumpled it up and put it on the floor. Very inconsistent service. Still had a fabulous cruise.

Do you feel that a more expensive stateroom gets you better service from the cabin steward?

I have sailed in interior, balcony and suite rooms. I will say that some stewards seem better than others but one of our all time favorite stewards was when we were in a interior room on riveria deck.

I never noticed a difference in the regular rooms, regardless of deck, but they certainly up their game when you're in a suite or junior suite or the like.

Nope, same level of service.